Redpill me Veeky Forums, was he right?

Redpill me Veeky Forums, was he right?
>pic related

He was right about master/slave morality and the death of Christianity. Unfortunately his ideal of embracing Apollonian restraint to control our dark Dionysian impulses never did take hold and the west is imploding from nihilism.

Is it imploding from nihilism or the wrong type of nihilism? Isn't the problem that people don't want to be intellectually honest anymore and watch Buzzfeed and get fat on mountain dew?

>Isn't the problem that people don't want to be intellectually honest anymore and watch Buzzfeed and get fat on mountain dew?
Exactly, hence nihilism. There's nothing meaningful to ascribe to anymore.

Yet, couldn't nihilism be used for good? For example, if all the christian fags stopped caring about "muh morals" maybe we could get on to bigger and more prevalent morals.

nihihlism can be used as a tool for enlightenment, christ fags deconstructing the lies of their religion for example. But its not an end point and we need to reconstruct and create after. hence "god is dead you are god"

No...

Pic related was, however

wtf did you say bitch

It's not like the two were at odds with each other.

With atheism, morality is viewed as nothing more than an illusion and the guiding principle in life is simply what you're smart enough to get away with. If it were beneficial to them and they could get away with it, there's no reason not to run over babies with a lawnmower.

read socrates (plato) and Nietzsche
plenty of reasons not to mow the baby without god

I can't look at him and not see Nicholas Cage

No afterlife punishment means there's no reason not to. The world does not consist of enlightened humanists. That's where atheists fucked up.

>No afterlife punishment means there's no reason not to
i love how deists see no grey area
it may not consist entirely of enlightened humanists but there are some and the thoughts of religion help stop the spread
oh wait thats what Nietzsche was saying

>hell is the only reason I don't hurt people

Abrahamics are sick fucks.

Maybe you don't need the fear of god, but what about everyone else?

Everyone is selfish, one way or another.

you don't find it ironic to never have read Nietzsche and post in a thread about him with things he personally addresses in his writings

Isn't that Jesus?

>empathy doesn't exist

It varies from person to person though. I guess I don't have as much faith in humanity as atheists do.

>my inner morality

Bro, you have NO idea how fragile that is.

Nietzsche was all about jesus
he saw his forgiveness of sin and building of heaven on earth as an effort to take god out of the sky and humanize the idea
he hated paul (or peter i always get them mixed up) for canonizing and dogmatizing jesus's teachings

the problem is you're hung up on the notion of morality. instead of seeing that its ethical thought built on empathy and understanding are the blocks that build the construct of "morality"

start with twilight of the idols if you wanna start nietzche
in my opinion its his most approachable book
beyond good and evil is collection of prose so can be hard to approach
thus spoke zarathustra while brilliant needs a bit of background in his thought to understand the allegories
he's a great thinker but he was wrong about a lot of things and his life lends to this due to being sickly and generally pissed off about that, also he was raised as a girl till he was like 10 cause his family thought he would die and he ended up marrying his cousin (or maybe sister) who was a virulent anti-semite a ethos he openly detested. Nonetheless the questions he poses are important in modern times and he was right about a lot of things too

The problem with empathy is that it divides the world into two sides, victims and predators.

dude seriously are you just trying to mention Nietzsche's thought in a round about way with a theistic undertone
>master and slave morality

>Implying that isn't what's causing the death of the West

There's a reason why people who ere over empathetic were shunned a hundred years ago. Now they rule society

>There are no moral facts whatever, only moral interpretations.

Thank you based Fritz

Nope. I'm quoting the kermit meme man.

lol well read Nietzsche cause he addresses that

You mean sociopaths. Yes, they're having their day in the sun now.

Master slave morality thing isn't what I was talking about though. Apparently it has to do with misplaced maternal instincts in women.

victims (slaves)
masters (predators)
Nietzsche wants everyone to be elevated to master then have them find a way to work together by creating individual moralities and guarding against negation of others and themselves. obv im heavily paraphrasing but yea thats the jist

No no, predators in this case are closer to snakes, bears, murderers, rapists and so on than masters in that sense.

ahh fair enough i took it wrong but i do disagree that that is the end of empathy

No, because atheism is false.

Less fragile than your interpretation of "muh magical lawz"?

He's basically the Elijah of European Civilization.

He didn't exactly agree with Jesus or view his teachings positively. He considered Jesus more as a worthy adversary.

>neetzsche

>Bait

>neet
>zsche

That pipe smoke looks like a Lovecraftian deity.

>German philosopher BTFO by English philosopher

I feel sorry for Germany, always getting one-upped.

C.S Lewis was Northern Irish.

what if he was a prophet of nihilism who was warning us instead of a proponent?
irl nietzsche was extremely different from the narrator of his books