What is the most aesthetic death in history?

What is the most aesthetic death in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCeoC7P7Wmo
youtube.com/watch?v=QPwlVkNvL7g
time.com/3456028/the-most-beautiful-suicide-a-violent-death-an-immortal-photo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The in-progress death of the DNC

Not Cato the Younger or Julius Caesar.

Definitely not Socrates. Dude probably did a lot of shitting and vomiting before he kicked the bucket.

Jesus by far , his death is in every home in the west

Someone important who died in battle.

Constantine XI if the rumours about him taking off his regalia and joining the ranks of defenders is true.

N A P O L E O N

>"France, Army, Head of Army, Josephine."

This. Crucifixion is just extremely an striking imagine while not looking too gruesome.

Find a more aesthetic death than this. You can't.

death kino

youtube.com/watch?v=TCeoC7P7Wmo

>when you're so irrelevant they put you on C-SPAN3

Zyzz

rest in beices

this

I just had a thought, a legend from early rome, I forget the name, but a great rent in the earth supposedly formed and threatened to destroy the city, a noble young man at the peak of his life donned a full suit of armor and plunged straight into the crevice with it closing up after him.

Death by snu snu.

Bowie.

Mohammad Atta

Elvis obviously, what's more aesthetic than dying on the shitter?

Damn right

what a whimpering end to an absolute legend

This. Bowie was a wizard, someone who made a point to experience and explore his identity and reality as fully as possible. His music showcased his journey and provided a dark reflection of our own experience in Western culture.

[spoiler]People don't consider it too deeply, but Ziggy had lore. He was a black hole in a physical body, from a race of sentient stars. That's why Bowie's final album was named Black Star.

easy question: Caesar's death cannot be surpassed for the importance of his historical figure, that of his assassins, and of his allies, the time and place where it took place, the inmediate consequences it implied, the literature and arts it inspired throughout the centuries, the drama implied by having an adopted son, trusted allies and at fellow senators actively participating to the slaughter, the melodramatic death caused by several stabswhich appeared to everyone like a human sacrifice, falling under the statue of his esteemed friend, ally, enemy, and, ultimately, victim, Pompey the Great.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPwlVkNvL7g

I kinda doubt the scene in this painting actually took place, but I'll be gotdammed if it ain't aesthetic

from what I've read, most of the men in this painting could not have been present at wolfe's death, and the indian is a mere prop

>Caesar
This is what it felt like when you fucked my wife.

THIS lads.
>tfw Lazarus mentions the upcoming day of his death specifically but you could only realize it after it happened.

Why are the best tsars always so intent on fucking up their succession?

>check 'em

Lucius Sergius Catilina, for all that he is a villain. Even his enemies praised how his body was found far in front of the rest of his men.

Curtius, for whom the Lacus Curtius was named. I forget his praenomen though.

>throwing off your regalia so as to escape the city as a peasant
>thousands of years later Byzaboos alter the story to make you look good
Decidedly not glorious

And I'll add the two Decii Muses who sacrificed themselves in devotio to ensure their armies' victories. Imagine the bravery and selflessness to 100% know you will die, but give it for your soldiers and homeland.

Not history yet, but too aesthetic to not be posted in this thread

My favorite, though Mishima's failed coup and suicide comes close.

La Mort de Barbara Radziwiłł

Objectively correct answer, even if it breaks the 25 year rule

good one m8

Came here to post this

I haven't yet quite understood Devotio.

Is it making a pact with the earth spirits to charge into the enemy and not back down?

Isn't Mishima just a japanese Robert E. Howard?

His writings were far more literary than Howard's and he didn't have the same mother issues.
Their worldviews, though initially quite similar, also significantly differ in my opinion. While Howard glorified the freedom and self-dependence of the old west through the character Conan as a rebellion against the boom and bust capitalism running rampant across his Texas, Mishima glorified the past and wanted to return power to the institution of the Emperor because he saw past the political and moral issues surrounding Japan's Empire and Occupation and dedicated himself to aesthetics of the act itself. Frankly, he's the closest Japan's ever had to Nietzsche's superman.

Yes, with chthonic deities and spirits, the oath being witnessed by other gods, mainly Jupiter, Mars, and Quirinus.

Hattori Hanzo getting burned alive while swimming. Must have been a hardcore way to die assuming it actually did happen.

the Utican, obviously.
Based defender of stoicism and democracy

No kidding, nigga. Dude took a barrage of fists, got the shit beaten out of him, and then got his head run over by an ambulance.

>implying he didn't die with his countrymen
Revisonism get out.

Prove it Byzaboo.

DELET THIS

>countrymen
You mean a handful of citymen and a bunch of brave Italian mercenaries? I think that he did die because he doesn't show up later, but as I said the Turks killed him as he was trying to escape.

fbpb

Mishimas felt way too forced for me. He wrote about some pretty aesthetic deaths though like Patriotism, Death in Midsummer and The Sailor who Fell from Grace with the Sea.

St Sebastian was his idealised death (even though St Sebastian didn't die there)

The death of Patroclus

ghey.

If by aesthetic, you mean strictly the visuals, my vote goes to cleopatra. Modern views of beauty aside, she was considered to be a striking beauty of her time, and she basically weasels her way into more power than any woman before her with her pussy. If the legends are to be believed, she died in desperation with her lover as their enemies surrounded them, choosing to end her own life with an asp.
But if you mean poetically pleasing, I'd say Genghis Khan. He was born to basically nothing (one of many sons of a petty chieftain), rose to power through brutality, merit, and intimidation, rallied all of the clans of the steppe people, and unleashed a torrent of carnage and destruction across Asia and the parts of Arabia/Eastern Europe like it was child's play, brought the Chinese Empire to its knees when they didn't even think him to be a threat, murdered, raped, and pillaged all who ever crossed him, then died of disease/non-combat injury, surrounded by his sons and generals. They would go on to continue this wave of destruction for generations before retiring into history books. In terms of people knowing the end was near, looking back on their lives and what they had accomplished, and the things that would happen after their death, his just seems staggering.

Yeah, but not before going on a long speech about why he had a duty to shit, vomit, then die.

>cleopatra was a beauty
Can this meme die already? Just look at that nose. And she wasn't surrounded by enemies, she'd already been captured. She would've sucked Octavian and all his officer's cocks for a chance to rule as a client queen, but he was too smart to fall for it.

Is this a
Dare I say it
a
*breathes in*
[spoiler]One Piece Reference?[/spoiler]

Charles Guiteau should be in the running too.

Do you have the story? I cant even find it

>posting pictures named image.jpg with 0 context

Is there a name for this mental disease

Phoneshittery

Poor Mario

time.com/3456028/the-most-beautiful-suicide-a-violent-death-an-immortal-photo/

You can't be as effective of a gold digger as her and be ugly, user.

Are you nerds even trying?

Also - flaming Buddhist monk

its not even a great picture

Whereas Nicholas had been adamant, even in the darkest days of the war, that he would be loyal to the alliance of nations and never make a separate peace, his supposed “allies” quickly deserted him. In France and Great Britain the downfall of the Romanov monarchy was cheered and in the United States the Congress joined in the congratulations as the change made them feel at least a little less hypocritical about entering a war to “make the world safe for democracy”.

Mark Antony. Almost Shakespearean.

Far from aesthetic, they are fighting tooth and nail to stay alive and it's killing them.

It still is great to watch the implosion.

t. Mehmet

>I forget his praenomen though.
When in doubt, roll a 3-sided dice with the names "Lucius", "Gaius" and "Marcus" on its faces.

he said history, not mythology

bump

You're blind.

Caesar's death.
Because of all the things other user described, because of sheer horror of others towards what Caesar had become and because of infinite arguments against and pro assassinating him.

During his life, Caesar was more than a mere man to his legions and to the Senate he was a beast, a king of old. And worse. I don't think that people realize what his power meant at the time and how utterly terrified Romans were to face the prospects of losing the Republic. It meant the end of the world to them. They thought it was the pinnacle of society, of god's order on earth, of their Greek ancestry etc. It would be a modern equivalent of Trump declaring dictatorship and America descending into war and becoming barbarous like Mexico or Brazil.

his body was covered with pus and bubons

>tfw you will never kill yourself for ideology

>Democracy
U wot m8

Do you know anything about composition? The answer is no

another angle for you

lel

This