Itt: Prove you are not a p-zombie so that we can debunk solipsism and solve the problem of other minds

itt: Prove you are not a p-zombie so that we can debunk solipsism and solve the problem of other minds

you are all machines *tips karakul*

t. gurdjieff

We're all p-zombies, qualia is a meme.

I know I'm not a p-zombie because the concept of qualia makes perfect sense to me. Those of you without conscious saying shit like this because you're jelly that you're not in the club.

*consciousness say

>he thinks he has consciousness

I understand qualia. I just think it's bullshit.

i don't exist. This is a message to get you out of the matrix. We need you to leave, the only reason you were stuck in here was because of an experiment gone wrong.

>he thinks consciousness is real

Ah, fuck off and keep me plugged in faggot. And stick a pizza in my fridge for tomorrow while you're at it.

>he thinks reality isn't subjective

consciousness is a finite substance

some possess more, some less, some none at all, but we cannot all share it equally

There's a difference between reality and perception of reality.

t. p-zomb

P-zombie detected

>substance

Fuck off Descartes

Not according to some

So?

Some of them have airtight arguments and can't be proven wrong.

>proving a philosopher wrong

But OP, if I could demonstrate to you that I wasn't a p-zombie, that would remove the subjectivity that's required to not be a p-zombie.

>reality and perception of reality are the same thing
>there's an actual apple in your brain

>if I could demonstrate to you that I wasn't a p-zombie, that would remove the subjectivity that's required to not be a p-zombie.

Explain

>there was never an apple in the first place as it's all an illusion

If I'm supposed to believe you're not a zombie, I'd have to imagine you have some subjective agency. But if I know exactly how your mind works, that subjective agency goes away, and you become an objective machine.

removing conscious experience from a mind is like removing health from a body

if

>I know exactly how your mind works

then

>that subjective agency goes away

I don't think your conclusion necessarily deduces from your premise. I'm not sure if you're wrong, but I'm interested in a better argument.

What is it with you people and false analogies to describe consciousness? It's like you aren't actually conscious taking guesses about how it is for those of us who are.

Why do p-zombies insist on invading these threads?

Anti-realists? In MY Veeky Forums? It's more likely than you think.

How doesn't anti-realism necessitate solipsism?

If reality is an illusion then I have little reason to think of other humans as anything other than unconscious, illusory entities fundamentally indistinguishable from rocks, incapable of experiencing the illusion.

If reality doesn't exist, I know that the experiences perceived from the perspective of my body are not arising out of my brain. Consciousness can only be explained as a phenomenon arising external to the illusion. I have no reason to think that external forces are creating consciousness in other humans as well, therefore solipsism is the only evident position.

The only way for the anti-realist to escape solipsism is to assume we're living in a sort of MMO where consciousness is in human bodies due to a force external to the illusion.

There's no evidence for the MMO hypothesis, therefore solipsism is the only reasonable position.

Fuck Berkley

the only evidence is physical, there are othher fleshbags like yourself in the universe and no evidence they are unlike you unless you want to quibble over minor differences in dna

What is proof