Is it true that blacks built America (economically and infrastructure wise)? Aren't they entitled to reparations?

Is it true that blacks built America (economically and infrastructure wise)? Aren't they entitled to reparations?

slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/07/18/america_s_slave_wealth.html

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/
fakehatecrimes.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they're dead.

I meant their ancestors

>(economically and infrastructure wise
No.

>do absolutely nothing but great-great grandfather did so now i deserve money
no

Informative post, thanks for joining us

Slate is daily stormer tier news.

>I didn't get the answer I wanted so it's a bad answer

It was a good answer, you shouldn't be rewarded for something your ancestors were forced to do. You think anyone I should get money since my ancestors named a canal somewhere in Canada?

Social justice replaced marxism on the left
Also Germany isn't paying those reparations Nethanyahu asked for either

when did slaves build infrastructure? weren't they primarily used in the south for farming cotton?

So you're saying that all of the rape, killing, forced labor and so on that occurred during slavery should be swept under the rug with no consequence and the ancestors of these people who are still being oppressed and killed by police (re: slave patrollers) shouldnt reap any benefits from it. Whites really are the devil

Slaves literally built the White House

My great-grandfathers were all involved in WWII, one was in the secret service subsequently and a member of MacArthur's staff.
Where's my German and Japanese blow jobs you freeloading niggers.

your shrimp dicked cracker family going to fight a war and reaping govt benefits in the process =\= building the country's economy from the ground up and receiving nothing for it

helped*

did the majority of the work*

>muh gibs

No but even if they did, why should it matter? None of those people are alive today.
I don't know why these people feel like they're entitled to free shit.

Informative post, thanks for joining us

So you think inheritance rights should be abolished?

that is exactly what I am saying

>hurr germany lost a lot of population in the 30 years war, sweden should pay reparations

I mean inheritance of properties, money etc.

No. If they weren't there, someone else would have been doing what they did. The people who built America are those who could not have been replaced, like the Founding Fathers.

Fucking dumbass cracker. War =\= enslavement

>reparations are inheritance
That's interesting logic my dude, only works with rape babies tho

They cut the stone. It was constructed by people who had education and training.

I was actually thinking about the free shit, why should you get the things your parents worked for? thats free shit. You should work for your own shit.

Because your parents decide what to do with that shit in a thing called a will. You're not guaranteed jack shit because your parents had it.

>Hurr Italy should get benefits from turkey because the barbary trade

go to bed jamal

>You're not guaranteed jack shit because your parents had it.

Actually yes.
If they dont leave a will, relatives have rights to claim over that stuff.

And how exactly does that guaruntee you anything?

>blacks think they'll get reparations

ahahaha

AHAHAHAHHA

never EVER

Saying niggers built America is like saying a hammer builds a house. Humans build houses USING a hammer. Sure they did the labor, but they were directed by whites. Look at Africa, nothing gets built there because blacks are lazy, stupid, and are of no use to the world if they aren't being told what to do. Even their strides in music would have never occurred if not put under stress by whites, which produced negro spirituals, and then the blues, and then rock and roll. It all comes back to whites one way or another

"SJW" actions are informed by Marxist approaches, so they're essentially the same.

Social justice was a concept created when the american left got disillusioned with marxism because of the Khrushev revelations and be because they saw a new thing with the civil rights movement
cultural marxism is a /pol/ meme

>Whites really are the devil

Yes the real devil, read About the Islamic slavetrade and come back with your professional opinion

Islam has never practiced slavery, all claims contrary are islamophobic lies made up by conservative white supremacists.

>Iraq needs to pay Africa reparations

You're already getting welfare so what more your lazy ass needs?

>Islam Never practiced slavery

Only on Veeky Forums

Most Whites aren't descended from slave owners.

Tell me why it's fair that a Bosnian refugee who came here in 1990 should pay reparations to a Black who was born into a richer country, with more opportunity, less violence, and a higher household income just based on welfare?

As for reparations, look at the welfare spending per capita on Blacks versus non-Hispanic Whites.

Lol. Are you saying the effects of slavery and white oppression on blacks has not and is not affecting the desceendents of the OG slaves.

Welcome to white america, an echo chamber for entitlement and selfishness.

You're retarded.

And you're Right

wOoOOoW, thats an edgy perspective man!

WHITE SUPREMACY!

>Is it true that blacks built America (economically and infrastructure wise)?
No. The modern American economy was built from the industrialization of the 1880's and 90's and was purely a post-Slavery phenomenon. It was built by the labor of recent European immigrants and a capitalist class from the previous round of European immigrants. The infrastructure was built by recent European immigrants in order to move goods across the United States in order to further trade.

>Aren't they entitled to reparations?
No. Even if they were, the time for reparations was immediately after the slaves were freed, not 150 years removed.

That's how the world works you fool

If you don't pass your wealth to your children you're a douche

The Balkans were under colonial rule for way longer and until more recently than blacks in America.

Asian Americans were slaves and thrown into camps. Irish, Poles and Italians were treated like shit.

Most of Europe was under effective slavery until the abolition of feudalism.

The Jews were treated way worse, suffering near constant genocide, yet are one of the most powerful and accomplished groups in the world.

In the 40s, Ghana had a gdp per capita equal to that of South Korea, Singapore and Romania.

Blaming something that happened 200 years ago for your chronic under-performance is honestly the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

Why don't you show us a picture of yourself? Can't wait to put your edomite hands to work while your little hammer doesn't.

Forgot the Barbary slave trade. Why aren't modern Italy and Spain Africa-tier shitholes?

this

this too

No. It's just kind of dumb to wait 150 year before crying about it, don't you think?

wew cunt

>too autistic to detect sarcasm.
only on Veeky Forums

So how much reparations do Arabs owe me for the Barbary slave trade?

>balkans under colonial rule
Under colonial rule? So they werent slaves and had some rights?

>asian americans were slaves and thrown into camps
Are you referring to the internment camps? Were they as bad as slavery?

>italians and slavs treated like shit
Were they ever hanged or almost whipped to death for being a certain color?

>genocide of jews
Many of the jews that survived got fucking israel out of it.

>comparing ghana gdp to SK and some slavshit countries.
SK was basically a third world country before the korean war.

Comparing apples to oranges is honestly the most intellectually dishonest thing ive seen.

Are you fucking retarded? To say that anyone of those groups excluding the jews, had an equal of amount of suffering as the black slaves is autism. Maybe you should post on this board when you get out of high school.

>So they werent slaves and had some rights?
A lot of balkinites were enslaved you Idiot.

White supremacy isn't so much an idealogy as it is a reality

>the american left got disillusioned with marxism
Was the the american left ever in favour of marxism, excepting a few intellectuals ?

Lol wait, are you referring to the Ottomans empire colonizing the balkans and enslaving them? The same Ottomans that enslaved africans too? Lol.

I'm half a storm fag and honestly I'm in favor of some kind reparations.

I believe you user

Also, with your argument with the balkans, were you saying that cause the balkans were slaves for so long, longer than african americans, we dont need to give reparations to blacks, because the balkans have become so succesful despite their history of being enslaved?

Because im pretty sure the balkans are still shit. xD

> xD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I bet you think that's an argument lmao. the balkans aren't demanding reparations, learn to take responsibility for you own actions.

R A W R xD
A
W
R

>Reddit emojis
>Black liberal
Hmmmmm

Lol, but what you just said isnt an argument.

The blacks should learn to take responsibility of being enslaved, stupid niggers am i rite?

Maybe they didnt ask for reparations because their entire culture and people were raped? And did you even look into what slavery was like in the Ottoman empire? It hardly resembled slavery in America.

Fuck off and come back when youre out of high school.

Haram duty and castration was so much better than picking cotton, amortize?

Were you enslaved retard?
Take some responsibility for your own actions, you can create better conditions for your children and no one else.
Don't fall into this trap of self pity it gets you nowhere.

>thinking i was using "xD" genuinely
>mfw am half white and half asian

>Implying that never happened to blacks
>implying

You know i agree with your statement, that people shouldnt pity themselves and try to better their lives. But to imply that the current black situation in america is purely the fault of the blacks is just wrong. I do think the black culture today has a strong influence on why african american lives in the US are shit. But that doesnt negate the fact that what white america has done for the blacks has been detrimental.

This
Don't get me wrong here guys. I'm totally a fascist and not some icky SJW. I hate SJWs. That said we totally need to give reperations to black people (whom I hate) because the oppression we (white people) subjected them to. Totally a storm fag here guys, believe me.

It's really more of a pretense to allow ourselves a clean break from the African American question while showcasing the moral superiority of the white race to the rest of the world.

no, that's all you can say, fucking racist, I'm offended right now

It's not reparations from white people, user. It is reparations from the Federal government. Run by white people, yes, but if you naively believe you can pay off blacks and there will magically no longer be SJW anti-white rhetoric then you'd be proven to be a retard.

What does Veeky Forums think about:

>theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

This article has become the standard in academic circles for supporting reparations. Note that the author, Coates, did something very clever: he expanded the "case for reparations" away from slavery and into the entire American history. He believes that blacks have been institutionally and systematically oppressed by local, state, and Federal government policies for centuries.

He might not even be wrong, but his argument is still weak. For one, he doesn't actually break down what reparations would be. He mentions a couple different methods in a single paragraph-- that's it. So what his writing ends up becoming is merely a historical review of black oppression in the US.

He doesn't address the other half dozen groups that would inevitably make cases for reparations: Chinese, Italians, Irish, Japanese, etc. Nor does he argue for why tax payers ultimately must pay the reparations.

He also states that affirmative action is not a form of reparation because it can be used by people other than blacks. What about half blacks? 1/4 blacks? 1/32 blacks?

Wealth redistribution based on race is tribal and punitive in nature. Maybe these people believe that is justified, but I think it is undoubtedly a step backwards for society.

Reparations? Let's give Gauls, Georgians, and Illyrians reparations too while we're at.

Asians built the western part and European migrants built the east coast, while your negroes were picking cotton and ploughing the fields.

Should Estonians ask for reparations from Germans, Danes, swedes and Russians?
Should Finns ask for reparations from Russia and Sweden?
Should etc insert any European country here ask for reputations from another European/middle-eastern country?

>Asians built the western part
They really didn't. The narrative of Chinese workers in the West is extremely overblown.

>that picture

Does anyone actually believe this shit anymore?

Link related:

fakehatecrimes.org/

Most recent one is hilarious:

>The Diversity Leadership Council at Gustavus Adolphus College admits that it — with the help of other social-justice groups — planted fake racist flyers on campus “to educate” people about racism. T / 2017-03-

Outsider's perspective:

I think part of the problem with this is that Americans have spent so much time on the subject of transatlantic slave trade: Movies, books, TV shows, endless moralizing etc, that it has sort of entered in the collective consciousness as a sort of simulacrum. If that makes any sense. The antebellum south and slave trade that exists in the minds of contemporary Americans quite literally didn't exist.

As a result of this singular autistic obsession, whether through navel-gazing or self-flagellation or other reasons, Americans unironically believe the transatlantic slave trade was some morally sui generis event in the history of the world. That it was some sort of unparalleled evil. In a way it's a sort of reverse-eurocentrism. An obsession with fixating on the perceived crimes of Europeans

It's a testament to the power of modern telecommunications (mass media, entertainment) more than anything else. Imagine if all of the energy that had been spent on writing books, movies etc about Transatlantic Slavery had been instead spent on say.... The Forty Years War. I'm sure Americans would today consider that the most seminal and important moral evil ever perpetrated too.

It's the same sort of thing with apartheid. Through sheer fixation on the thing to the point that other points of reference and experiences that do not involve whites become obfuscated, it becomes the single most definable illustration of moral evil in the minds of the people who live within and experience that simulacrum of history.

>Is it true that blacks built America (economically and infrastructure wise)?
I don't think there is any race that didn't build America.
What kind of dumb way is that to formulate a question?

Aren't they entitled to reparations?
Maybe by some post-modern social justice theory, but historically speaking they should be glad that they
a. weren't just straight up genocided
b. were allowed to stay in the U.S.
c. were given recognition
c. were given equal rights
d. do in fact receive reparations in the form of welfare/affirmative action

If you want to know people who have a really shitty fate, read about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalit
They have been the lowest of the low for literally thousands of years and are still treated like dirt even today.
Unlike black people, they receive absolutely no recognition and most people don't even know they exist.
Blacks in the U.S. have a better life than 99% of of humans had and they still complain.

>Hey FAGGOT FAGGOTS are being beheaded in Saudi Arabia RIGHT now be grateful we're not stringing you up in a tree FAGGOT

not an argument

>Waah we still being killed by the popo pigs
Have you tried not commiting crime?

no, black folks have it good, they are all millionaire basketball players and rap stars with blonde gfs now

This. They're not even stuck with gross black girls anymore. They all get white gfs.

Problems may have come from the outside, but the solution is your own.
As a non-american, and as african immigrants you meet will tell you:
You're a bunch of entitled whiners who think whites have the duty to hand everything to you in a platter, and that none of your condition is your own fault.
Thing is, it really is your own damn fault. Often when handed down things you cannot even mantain them.
Latin americans, mexicans, african immigrants, indians, middle easterners, almost everyone of us looks down on american blacks because you are truly a pathetic kin.

It is though. He is introducing contextual frames of reference as opposed to myopically focusing on the west to the exclusion of anything else.