Post your American Civil War General memes

>inb4

Do it again uncle billy

do it again uncle billy

>When the dab hits
What the fuck was wrong with Halleck? He looks like he's tripping on drugs in every photo taken of him

Do it again Uncle Billy.

Do it again uncle billy

What's wrong with her left eye. It's squinting in a weird way.

Keep trying Jethro, the south ain't rising again.

These are not general memes

>getting upset by memes

I would be content if they were Lee or Longstreet memes

I made that lol

Do it again uncle Billy!

Need more memes

Do it again uncle Billy!

DO IT AGAIN UNCLE BILLY
AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

Thank you for your contribution to the meme bank

DO IT AGAIN UNCLE BILLY

BURN THAT SHIT DOWN

>rights and property
>existing without the force of the state
>cops are literally the force of the state

Your meme is also appreciated, many thanks

Pre-Chickamunga Hood OC

James Longstreet was a better General then Hood.

prove it with a meme

Longstreet was probably the best general of the Confederate Army other than Forrest or Jackson.

Lee had a good winning streak 1862 to mid-1863 and 1864, but Gettysburg is a fuckup so monumental that it can't be ignored. A fuckup Longstreet saw coming and tried to prevent.

Because Kemper had the best hat of the entire movie.

Have you ever read McClellan's letters to his wife? The guy was legit delusional.

>army of potoMAC not army of potoGRANT ok.

Dead.

requesting unbiased factual civil war history book recs . Thanks in advance

>didn't actually win a battle against anything that wasn't an empty city

Do it again uncle billy

do it again uncle billy!

How should Lee have fought the war differently? Not memeing, a guerrilla war wouldn't have worked, but he was still wasting troops he couldn't replace

what should he have done?

Do it again uncle billy, and this time finish the job.

By not invading the North for starters. While it seemed tempting to bring the war onto Union soil, it was too much of a task for the smaller and often ill-supplied Confederate Army. Especially since none of the incursions into the North had the goal of actually seizing territory or at the very least, disrupting the Union war industry. It was basically a giant foraging mission but with much higher risks and lower payoff.

Lighting raids by cavalry or small units of specially trained light infantry (i.e. volunteers who had previously lived in Northern states and knew the land) deep into Union territory to destroy factories, depots, railways, and telegraph lines would have offered a greater yield at lower risk.

By invading the North, Lee also couldn't detach troops from his army to regions where the Confederacy was having greater trouble taking and holding ground. Keeping the Mississippi River open or preventing the Union from cementing their grip on Tennessee should've taken precedent over attacking Washington.

No, Grant did.

Was waiting for this

Yancucks get out

I've lived in Nashville for a few years now but haven't toured any of the battle sites yet. I should get around to it .

Why a statue has not yet been built in this man's honor I do not understand.

>teleports behind u
>pssh, nothing personnel...... southner

Do it again uncle Billy!

wait a minute that painting...

DO IT AGAIN UNCLE BILLY