I USED TO RULE THE WORLD

>I USED TO RULE THE WORLD

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vescera
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(674–678)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(717–718)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Nicaea_(727)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Akroinon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Keramaia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Kamacha
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbasid_invasion_of_Asia_Minor_(782)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Syracuse_(827–828)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Damietta_(853)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lalakaon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Ragusa_(866–868)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kardia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raban
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Andrassos
youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk
youtube.com/watch?v=fvSwMpnm76I
youtube.com/watch?v=4Q8i0CYs-CM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab–Byzantine_wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Damascus_(1400)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>WHEN BOYS OF VENICE CALL

> WHEN GOD SAYS "I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA" AND ENDS THE GLORY OF CAESAR FOR ALL TIME

DELETE THIS

> TONIIIIGHT, WE ARE YOOOOUNG

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

I USED TO READ THE CREED NICENE

GARUM AND OXYGALA UP WITH THE BYZANTINES

THEN ALLAH'S SWORD ARRIVED

>Eastern Roman Empire
more like Rum Sultanate

>Taking those numbers seriously

>Forgetting what happened after

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vescera

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(674–678)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(717–718)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Nicaea_(727)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Akroinon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Keramaia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Kamacha

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbasid_invasion_of_Asia_Minor_(782)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Syracuse_(827–828)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Damietta_(853)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lalakaon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Ragusa_(866–868)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kardia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raban

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Andrassos

Pretty much after Lalakaon its two centuries of Arabs getting BTFO.

>NOT REAL NOT REAL REEEEEEEEEE

The Byzantine Army under Justinian had at most 90,000 men across the whole empire, you expect a plague ridden empire that just barely won a 25 year war to bring these big armies to all of those battles? Stupid fucking larping pagan sandshitter.

>get rekt
>NOOOOOO NOT REAAAAAAL
someone call Mehmed II

ROME WOULD RISE WHEN I GAVE THE WORD

>Posts Statistics and evidence about how the numbers of Arab """"Historians"""" would have been impossible at the time.

>hehe le funni greentext to hide the fact I am a dumb sandshitter who has no argument XD.

I CARRIED A SPATHA AND YOU CARRY THAT, THAT, THAT GERMANIC SPEAR
WHO ARE YOU?
WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?

WHAT DO YOU WANNA DO WITH YOUR LIFE?

>The Byzantine Army under Justinian had at most 90,000 men across the whole empire
Why?

Not that user. Genuinely curious as to why an empire in possession of such rich and vast lands would have such a small force as the totality of its military.

shut the fuck up you stupid fucking mudshit

i dont know just google it or something you stupid sandcunt

>genuinely curious why America would only have 3 million members in the military when they are in possession of such rich and vast lands

...i live in Alabama, I'm not even religious.

>winning defensive battles
>impressive

Even the Roman Empire at its height had only 200,000 legionaries and double that for auxiliaries. Soldiers are expensive as shit. Most of the Roman treasury was spent just financing them let alone the massive amount of donatives emperors had to give them.

Well they're a volunteer force that tries to strike a balance between quality and quantity with a doctrine built around superior firepower and force multipliers.

Professional standing armies are expensive, and while more could be mustered it would put the economy and state finances under severe strain. Consider the paltry forces the ERE had to work with in the reconquest of North Africa. Also Though I just rechecked my sources and the army was under Justinian was more like around 130,000, that number declined over the next century due to several deadly outbreaks of plague which killed at least 30% of the population with each outbreak, which severely limited the army's ability to draw more troops.

This is not me user,

This is me

Exactly. In a country of 321 million you only need 1% of your citizens to occupy a full time or even part time military role.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk

Most of those 9-10th century battles are pitched battles, several of them very big ones. Try again ;)

either way, the byzantines never regained territory lost by the arabs.

>Cilicia

>Cyprus

>Crete

>Armenia

>Most of Syria

Really pumps the Naphtha Siphon.

That isn't true user.

Just a reminder that the Arabs conquered up to Constantinople but the Byzantines pushed them back.

The point is you unbelievable asshat, that there is still an answer to the question and asking it does not make anyone stupid or somehow incapable of reasoning.

Also why the shit are you attempting to equate the byzantine army to the modern US army? Their commonality is on the most basic level. Everything about modern war is exceedingly expensive even when speaking relatively.

If your sole answer is "armies are expensive" that is unacceptable. Smaller states have fielded larger armies for campaigns why is the ERE an exception?

See this is at least a more in depth of an answer though i take issue with claims of an expense so large that the ERE with its wealth could not manage.

Again, fuck nuts, holy shit.

Do it again Enrico Dandolo

>130 vs 8000
How
Why

they took back most of it.

>that the ERE with its wealth could not manage.

The wealthy cities of the East in antiquity had declined massively over the course of the 5th and 6th centuries. From the archaeological record it becomes apparent that a lot of cities that had previously been massive tax contributors suffered heavily due to the effects of plague and societal-economic changes in Late Antiquity. The East was still incredibly prosperous, urbanised and wealthy by the standards of its day but it wasn't as secure as it had been before. Secure long distance trade networks had been damaged with the loss of the West and even short distance trade wasn't quite as able to prosper. The number of the shipwrecks from the period is far, far lower than it had been a few centuries earlier. To support a huge army was an impossibility on such a backing and it is for that reason that Justinian's reconquest has been criticised as a classic example of imperial "overstretch".

Wow those are impressive victories. Too bad they happened after the muslims had taken most of their empire

Delete

>Germanic spear
>not Seax

You can't even say at the end of the final Byzantine-Sassanid War if it was an actual victory for the Byzantines. Shahrabaraz still remained encamped with his armies in Byzantine Syria and Northern Africa especially Egypt and Heraclius had to personally come to terms with him to withdraw his army a full year after hostilities concluded in a separate treaty he made earlier with Khosrau's II's son. But otherwise I agree with the rest of what you are saying.

Hence why I said barely, and only because the Sassanids were the ones to offer peace.

>failed to reconquer half the lost territory, including the whole of egypt
>look at a map today and see a country called Turkey, search for ages but fail to find byzantium

youtube.com/watch?v=fvSwMpnm76I

youtube.com/watch?v=4Q8i0CYs-CM

>a long knife is a spear

>that Kalib Walid dude

Is he underrated? Holy shit his numbers are immpresive, would he be rated more if he were... not muslim?

Khalid ibn al Walid is widely regarded as a brilliant strategist, even on boards like /pol/ and its colony, Veeky Forums, although there are some revisionists here who try to deny it

>Turkey
>arab

underrated

>Is he underrated?

Certainly not on Veeky Forums; al-Walid usually crops in in "greatest generals ever" threads, with good reason.

You done fucked up. There are no atheists in Alabama. Go home Ahmed.

Nothing personal kid

GREEKS HATE HIM

This badass motherfucker
conquered Constantinople for the Catholic faith,
and basically,
Greeks hate him

learn more

>His numbers are immpressive
You mean the ones pulled from bullshit on the Koran or "SwordofAllah" website?

It's Muslim tho, thats the point

whether they're true or not, emerging victorious in every battle against the Roman and the Sassanid Empires, m two of the major powers in that age, conquering Persia in a span of months it's surely an immpresive feat nonetheless.

THE GREEKS COULD HAVE RULED THE WORLD

ALEXANDER DID

>conquering Persia in a span of months
That never happened. The fall of the Sassanids took over 20 years and you don't have that sort of long drawn out war unless your opponent is capable of inflicting similar damage on your manpower and armies.

>this underage shitposter itt
okay it was all made up
arabs didn't even conquer all these roman lands btw, it's just historic revisionism
now fuck off

btw ERE didn't even actually have many soldiers, 6 million bedouins destroyed 300 eastern romans they only managed to conquer desert lol

this gif is also fake

>Arab """"Historians""""
i guess modern western historians are also arab
>anime reaction
yes you're a literal subhuman
are all Byzaboos as subhuman as and as retarded as you?

Those are nice battles
however
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab–Byzantine_wars

Result Overall Muslim gains, Arabs halted by 863.
Territorial
changes Levant, Mesopotamia and North Africa annexed by Arabs. Northern Levant recaptured during the Byzantine reconquest.

Your low IQ posts make me want to side with Turks. Are you, by any chance, an amerifat?

>Too bad they happened after the muslims had taken most of their empire
An Empire broken by war and just recovering its population after a plague that was worse than the Black Death.

Islam was literally a vulture on the rotten carcass of the Middle East. Once the Byzantines recovered they beat the Arabs back and were on the verge of destroying them completely.

Even when the Ottomans conquered Constantinople, they were in decline from the Macedonian dynasty coupled with the sack by the Latins. So really, the Muslim Ottomans defeated an already defeated Byzantine Kingdom.

Only one battle the Muslims can look to and claim dominance, that being Manzikert, but this was a Byzantium in the trough of decline, if the Seljuqs had faced the Macedonian dynasty of a century earlier, then they might have not entered Asia Minor so easily.

I've got it all most
I've got it all almost all figured out
But always when I get there
Always when I get there all the pieces they just fall apart

I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away.

>An Empire broken by war and just recovering its population after a plague that was worse than the Black Death.
Literally not an argument

a bunch of bedouins defeating and conquering EASTERN ROMANS and SASSANIDS is like fucking inuits conquering USA and Russia
Byzantines and Sassanids had more soldiers than bedouins too.
>Once the Byzantines recovered they beat the Arabs back and were on the verge of destroying them completely
Are you an Amerilard?
>Only one battle the Muslims can look to and claim dominance, that being Manzikert, but this was a Byzantium in the trough of decline
>muh decline
>muh no population (has more soldiers than the enemy anyways)
>muh desert
those are the 3 main arguments of byzaretards, yet they don't understand how Byzantines fucked up wars even when they had more soldiers than the enemy.

>"SwordofAllah" website?
What website is that?
seems you're schizoid.

> THE LATINS DEFEATED THE BYZANTINES, SACKED THE CITY, MADE IT AN EMPTY VESSEL BEFORE THE WORLD.

Enjoy your sloppy seconds, forever.

> Literally not an argument
But it was, and you didn't have a counter, so I'll take it you're BTFO

> YOU WILL ALWAYS LIVE IN THE SHADOW OF A SUPERIOR PEOPLE

It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

I'm Alberto Barbosa, iktf

You are retarded, Ahmed.

Your empire is gone, Giorgios. Get over it and stop revisionism.

>Giorgios
Not a Greek. Want to try poisoning the well a second time though, Abdullah?

you are right. I confused Persia (the whole empire) with Iraq. Nevertheless to conquer the Persian empire in 20 years it's immpresive taking into account you were fighting against roman empire too.

What was going on with Muslims? How did they manage to storm the world?

>its impressive
Its impressive but overinflated in a sense. Also the Arabs never fought the Persians and Byzantines at the same time or at tandem. They frequently took on each empire in isolation of each other. And both the Byzantines and Sassanids were heavily affected by a return of Justinian Plague, Sassanids lost half of their total population in their western lands, the Tigris and Euphrates rivers flooded fertile croplands that massive outbreaks in famine also occured as food shortages occured and there was a 7 to 8 year civil war before the child ruler and last grandson of Khosrau II, Yadzgerd III, came to power which only ended the year before the Rashidun Caliphate started attacking the Persians and Byzantines.

>How did they manage to storm the world?
Get lucky with two current superpowers bleeding each other dry, have a plague break out in both empire's, and cash in on their weakened states?

what did they mean by this?

Get lucky with two current superpowers bleeding each other dry, have a plague break out in both empire's, and cash in on their weakened states?
Could this possibly be the work of... Allah?

So when will you get over the fact that your ""empire"" got rekt by barefoot arabs, Giorgios?

No they just happen to expand at that time. The first time Muhammad tried he failed. It was only after the apostasy wars that the Arabs organized and planned a campaign under uthman who has to find a common enemy to keep the still fragmenting Arabs together. It was a do it die situation that's why the best general and best man were sent north to hit the Persians then concentrate on Byzantines.

How did the Ottoman's manage to so quickly achieve what the Byzantine's couldn't for 800 years?

Guns, discipline and central bureaucracy that allocated resources just well enough. Plus fanaticism of the t*rk

So are turks inherently better than romans?

Turks were more warlike than Greeks. Almost every Ottoman PADISHAH (not sultan, ottoman rulers mainly used the title Padishah. Other titles were Khan, Khagan, Sultan, Caliph etc) till Selim II were commanders, they directly commanded armies. Selim I was the best.

did the expansionism of the muslims only start after mohammeds death? I thought it started way earlier

we are romans (third rome)
greeks are just sissies

Is your name Vladimir by any chance?

I am from Sultanate of Rome.

Shitpost aside, Did the Ottomans really think of themselves as romans?
What did they think of the Byzantines?
Did they ever wanted to conquer Rome?

>Shitpost aside, Did the Ottomans really think of themselves as romans?
Yes. They adopted the title "Caesar of Rome"
But they were aware of the fact that they descended from a Turkmen tribe, Qayi.
>What did they think of the Byzantines?
Infidels and enemies of Turks
>Did they ever wanted to conquer Rome?
Mehmed II wanted to do that. He was preparing to attack Italy, you probably know the Turkish invasion of South Italy. But he couldn't because he was allegedly poisoned in his yurt.

This post is absolute shit, you should feel fucking horrible

>Caesar of Rome
But they took this only after the fall of Constantinople, right?
>Province France
was Suleiman implying France is a province of the Turk Empire? ballsy indeed
Do you have the rest?

>But they took this only after the fall of Constantinople, right?
Yes. Turks annexed the Eastern Roman Empire after 1453. And "Caesar of Rome" title was recognized by Orthodox Church
>was Suleiman implying France is a province of the Turk Empire? ballsy indeed
I think he implied that France was nothing but a small Europoor state compared to his Empire

When will Greece get a new Alexander?

*Satan's

Thats because its called Greece you dipshit

The Timurids cleaned house, the Ottomans in true Muslim style, prey upon the carcass of a war ravaged Middle East like the Vultures they are.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Damascus_(1400)

How are these funny animals related to this thread?

I CARRIED A SPATHA AND
I CARRIED A SPATHA AND
I CARRIED A SPATHA AND
I CARRIED A SPATHA AND