/rgt/ Robinhood General Thread

All the money in the world it don't mean nothing
You just gotta find yourself and be something edition

Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

>earnings beat
>stock price tanks anyway

Every single company out there lowballs there earnings forecast so that every single quarter they beat. Earnings are just another thing created by the Jews to fuck over the retarded cattle that is the typical investor.

Deepest edition I have seen thus far

Portfolio's?
UAA 240 shares at 19.98
PYPL 30 shares at 58.35
KO 10 shares at 44.97
USO 320 shares at 8.89
BBRY 45 shares at 7.01

CATB is ripe for lowball limit orders.

I'm about $7900 deep into CHK. Looking for a 1.5% exit tomorrow.

what do y'all think about BZUN long term

similar to Ali Baba's success?

Y-you ok Dyna?

The time is here.

Long blog short. No

>CATB is ripe for lowball limit orders.

What do you suppose that volume was about at the end of the day friday?

Sorry to hear that. Things are kinda shitty on this end too. I'm hoping a couple of awesome trades this week will cheer me up.

Strategies for monday? Watching AEZS for a R/G move over 3.00, PLUG maybe a move over 3.00 as well (or consolidation at 2.50) and TEAR for a strong morning over over 3.50, as well as whatever is gapping

CYCC

All you need to know.

Anyone else looking at RNVA? Hospital opening on August 8 was announced Friday so maybe it'll run a bit tomorrow. I'm in at .36

Read the guidance my dude

early morning bump

Gassed for NVAX after hours tomorrow. They're going to announce results for phase 2 trials for their RSV-F vaccine. All of their other trials have gone well and it's an incredibly common infection.

>all these namefags

disgraceful

whats even the point of being a namefag

F

I fucking hate it when that happens. I never understood how that works

DARE my niggas

should i buy fb before earnings?

>not investing in uranium stocks for long term portion of portfolio.
Ccj is gonna moon by 2019, Dnn and urre could also see incredible growth

>All of their other trials have gone well
Literally something was bad with the data in the last trial and it gappd down from 7 to a dollar.

With that being said, I think they found some corrections in the old data and have a positive outlook on the recent trial and immediate SP. Im loaded up on NVAX right now, hoping for the best.

Sorry bro. My life has been a giant rollercoaster the past few years too.

AEZS already showing a .04 move toward that 3 break in premarket, definitely watching on open

I've been bag holding DCTH for so long I'm ready to shoot myself. I hope it does something today

Where did you buy in at?

Lots of reasons, earnings was priced in, people taking profits and its a healthy pullback, guidance was poor, future outlooks of the tickers market..

Ok

Ok

Haha don't forget CYTX on that gap down chart

>the quality reduces with boardshorts sanity
there is help out there for you

also
>DRYS
NOT SO QUICK YOU SLIPPERY PICKLE

All in AMD. Earnings today

Should be huge with all the crypto mining. I'm expecting it to be today's moon mission

>
>Where did you buy in at?
I got my avg down to .1854. sitting on 15k shares

Holy shit

How's the 3% going cucks?

Just made 25% on some absolsute shit tier scam coin, are you guys even trying?

jesus christ man. i'm sorry. i hope we see those numbers again.

rip.

I think Ryzen has baked in to the price, and did it all last year. It's a $10/share company, even with their new chipset. You gon get fucked at the ER no matter what the numbers say unless it's a HUGE upset. I'm thinking they'll just barely break even.

I made 12% in 3 minutes last thursday, I don't see why you can't just stay out of our little safe haven away from you crypto children

seriously WHY do you guys chase and then baghold? I don't get it. If you missed your entry point and you lose a bit you need to sell that shit. It could be months before we see another DCTH spike. Months of potential dilution.

Watching TXN for a small bounce today. Market for embedded system chips is good long term too.

same, i did 15% on Tuesday, and i traded that one pretty conservatively. only trade i made all week too. it's not that unbelievable or crazy.

>cryptoshills let us have our safe space
This needs to be in the OP again.

might be calling it in early this morning since i gotta drive around this afternoon, been waiting for monday all weekend senpai

Right now my top pick is APRN for a scalp.

too bad the scanner is completely dead today :((

I hope the volume scanner picks something up after we start

>waiting for my 150 shares of PRTK to pay out
>entered at 24.15

yeah, i'm pretty disappointed too. nothing is really popping off at all. DRYS is up on the volume but i hate that piece of shit

I've been watching them for a while too.
Just went up 10% in pre-market. Don't wanna jump in now.

Im watching some stocks that went crazy last week for a multiday setup that might start to pan out in the morning, todays gappers have top priority tho. Hopefully I get home early enough to see if my strategies are panning out at all

AMD is the eternal meme. Even if it gets BTFO, it'll eventually rise again

>
>seriously WHY do you guys chase and then baghold? I don't get it. If you missed your entry point and you lose a bit you need to sell that shit. It could be months before we see another DCTH spike. Months of potential dilution.

I got in on this in late June. I was up over 1k and should of sold. Oh well. I'm only down 550. I'm not out any money til I sell.

thinking that way will bleed you dry over time dude

ELTK

my nigga
TXN is always good for comfy gains

>wanted to get in
>prepared to enter order for it
>limited liquidity
:)

already halted. jesus christ.

halted.

Rip, I never got in

>already halted after i got shit on by ustocktrade trying to enter in at 1.11
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))

wtf prtk??

same. was trying to get in around 1.16 and when i looked back it already jumped 10 cents LOL

Sold AMD last week at 14.00 and it's already at 14.32 this morning. Guess people are expecting good things from earnings.

Hey Im finishing my bachelors soon and I'll have a little capital left over once I finish down payments and whatnot after I move out. Is it possible to toy around with $100 just to wet my toes a bit and see if I find interest?

Can you guys give me your own (obviously biased) take against robinhood v cryptocurrency trading? pros and cons in your perspective?

[spoiler]is it fun?[/spoiler]

Picking up NVAX on Friday is looking profitable.

gpre.

AMD moon mission right now

Why Friday?

it's possible, but $100 won't get you anywhere. i think it's worth learning to trade like that though. Robinhood is free, and $100 is nothing, so even if you lose it, it doesn't matter.

yes, it is fun, but it's also fucked up and can be stressful.

can't speak so much about the crypto vs. stocks. i don't understand crypto enough to trust it. and i know Wall Street is a corrupt bag of shit, but it's a regulated corrupt bag of shit and there are clear rules that you can learn.

Okay thanks
Im not looking to make bank off of $100 of capital, but mostly just learning to see if its all for me.

Im assuming having basic knowledge of the fields ill be investing in is beneficial e.g. knowing about intel and amd meme bullshit??

>the only thing keeping me green is KTOS
fuck everything

If you only have $100, you have a higher chance of making something with crypto. If you want more control and more predictability, stocks are the way to go. A little more stable but a little less opportunity to make a lot of money with a little money.

i think if you paper trade, you won't learn anything. i think actually entering into trades and thinking about real amounts of money is the best way to learn. just don't get cocky and lose thousands early on, and you'll be fine.

and yes. it also depends on whether you're trying to do short term day trades or long term investing, obviously, but you should be able to tell the difference just from basic logic anyway.

Friday: 500 @ $1.486
This morning: opens @$1.55 which is also the low.
Holding around $1.65 with heavy (as in 100s of lots) bid/ask just pennies around.

Special conference call @ 4:30 to relese Level 2 trails of vaccine.

oh im not looking into paper trading. ive done enough simulations of other things to know my knowledge there wont really teach me much

Set a Stop at the low $1.55. Hopefully does not trigger.

Whoever said TOPS like 3 weeks ago I hate you but it finally made it up to .40 when I bought in at .36. Hold life best life

>ive done enough simulations

My bad if I wrote it poorly.
Im saying in other subjects like networking/computers in general, simulations only go so far and dont really bring all the smaller things together

That was bagholder extraordinaire.

We were all saying not to. You're a dummy for having done that and you're lucky to have gotten out alive. You lack an understanding of fundamentals that is going to get you into trouble. Toxic dilution is endless and will get you slaughtered

Is there a way to have a stop loss and a limit sell on the same stock?

stop limit

Is TOPS going to $1.00 or what?

I did the same thing. Bought in at .33. But at least made some money now. But yeah a bunch of people on this board were saying $1.00

Looks like NVAX will make me more today. Running past $1.72 now.

I love you AMD

Lol

>NVAX
Is it too late to buy you think?

TOPS

>over 100% increase in the last 2 trading days
Keep this rocket going

I'm optimistic for the conference call regarding FDA stage 2 announcement. It's at 4:30. If you want to baghold through overnight and the news is good, you could make some money tomorrow morning.

I've been bagholding since Friday morning. Paying off for me now.

Scalping this might be a bit dangerous though.

You're right about the fundamentals, but I've made more money with Veeky Forums help than i would have by myself. It's at .60 right now and still climbing. Rip

ipwr is relatively new... however look for a huge jump soon. they are being used for solar+energy storage for school districts and do fast charge electric vehicle chargers. good volume today, breakout soon...

The breakout already happened

not day trade, buy in at your own price. picked up 1000 @ 2.80.

Anyone know if the guy that bought all of those spy options contracts did well out of it? I cant remember the strike price he bought at

How do I into option?

meme of the day?

>APVO
>RSII