Why are there so many Orthodox here?

I understand the aesthetic appeal they have, but I don't see what there seem to be so many on this board. Are there a lot of eastern Europeans here? Or are they all just LARPers? The latter seems more likely since the Orthodox don't do much in terms of evangelizing or outreach.

Has anyone here actually become a convert of sorts? I'm curious although I doubt many in the board's demographic actually buy into religion of any sort

Larpers. Our most prominent Orthodox preacher/shitposter believes that hypostatic union implies that Jesus was born from leakage of sex somewhere into Mary's vagina.

There are more Evangelical Protefags here. I am Catholic.

>Evangelical

Nah that entire side of Christianity is reviled in every corner of the internet. Just as neocons are disliked in every political side of the internet. More mainline protestantism

What are your reasons for being Catholic? I'm genuinely curious

Jesus was born from the ass

They're LARPing too, when they're not just falseflagging shitposting.

>Has anyone here actually become a convert of sorts? I'm curious although I doubt many in the board's demographic actually buy into religion of any sort
No, no one is actually religious here. Rather, they're all romanticizing an aesthetic.

An aesthetic is incredibly IMPORTANT of course, but no one here is actually religious. If you want to see what religious channers are like go to /christ/ over on cripchan. SPOILER: It's awful, and not just because everyone on that site has crippling autism.

Well I was an Evangelical Protefag at one point. I was a Fundamentalist KJV only Independent Baptist. After about two years, it seemed to much like bullshit. The creationist shit wasn't working out and I was looking for ancient Christianity. I struggled between Catholic Anglican and Orthodox for a while and eventually settled on Catholic since I felt a draw more towards Rome and Anglicanism was too liberal anyway with their allowance of fag marriage. They also had the term Protestant still attached to them.

>abandons entire belief system because it wasn't antiqated enough

Nice principles retard

Well you can't take the effect
And make it the cause
I didn't rob a bank
Because you made up the law
Blame me for robbin' Peter
But don't you blame Paul
Can't take the effect
And make it the cause

>antiqated
Yeah faggot.

"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the Bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible." - Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Romans 7:3 (110 A.D)

>incorruptible
>follows religion ripe with corruption, indulgences, past monarchial influences, pedophiles, and a liberal refugee loving fairy at the helm of it all

Haha talk to me more about incorruptible big guy

The Eucharist is incorruptible.

Well any man with a microphone
Can tell you what he loves the most
And you know why you love at all
If you're thinking of the holy ghost
If you're thinking of the holy ghost

What if the little crackers they give you get modly?

Then it's no longer the Eucharist.

orthodoxian here, it's the only religion which still promotes cultural and social traditionalism, combined with the christian search for truth and scientism, it's the best of both worlds

40% larping for the aesthetics, 50% larping for /pol/ reasons, 10% from the cradle, and 0% sincere

>why are there actually religious people on the internet?
>why are there still religious people, period?

these are the real questions we should ask

Europe and burgerland are fine examples of what happens to nation states when religion is scrapped, in less than 60 years without religion have they destroyed themselves far enough that they have no future

what did he mean by this?

yes yes, nevermind that the US is 80% christian

Was Jesus an assbaby?

It's part of the Byzantine obsession which is not just on this board but now on the history reading public. Because they're not talked about in schools and the Greeks somehow just disappear, people think they made some huge discovery that they existed and were powerful in the middle ages. Sometimes it goes into far delusions mixed with Greek nationalism.

Another element is /pol/tards who likewise are obsessed with Middle East / Anatolia being Christian and think they were/are all Westerners. Unlike the run of the mill ones talking about crusades and nukes.

Already you have that Byzantine woman in Civ V to appeal to this cancer, unfathomable even in Civ IV

Actually I think they added Justinian to Civ IV, still no comparison to some degenerate Empress (or at least thought to have been)

There are some. I'm Orthodox, from an Orthodox EE country.

It's basically larping.

80% LARPer*

Oh come on, Byzantine history is cool as fuck tho

Childhood is believing Byzantine financially ruinous wars, fraticidal court intrigues, oversized bureaucracy and past-looking culture are awesome. Adulthood is realizing that the Holy Roman Empire with its descentralized political culture, traditional rights and liberties, burgeoning and dynamic imperial free cities, rich cultural and societal institutions was the greatest state of Europe during most of its existence, and it only disappeared because it was simply too good for an age of absolutism and tyrannical governments, but it should be always a model for how the European Union ought to work (instead of trying to emulate the Soviet Union).

If the Byzantine, the Ottoman and Russian Empires were the heirs to late Imperial Rome, its struggles and decadence, the Holy Roman Empire was heir to the glory days of the Republican Roman Senate, the heir to the liberty of freeborn men, the heir to its respect for the rule of law above the rule of petty tyrants and their armies.

It was the heir to what is actually good the Romans left to the world.

They LARP, if they really wanted to connect to ancestors they would join the Catholic Church and actually be confirmed, but no POPE KISSING FEET BLACK MAN XDDD

Eh kinda, after the mongols it's boring because they just fail to conquer rebels

Well, I am Orthodox from Russia. I usually go to church, try to live according to the Bible and Sacred Tradition.

eastern europe here.
because whig historianism is crap in all areas, religion included.

I'm Zoroastrian

Kikestianity is shit

One doesn't have to buy into Whig history to see religion as outdated and intellectually untenable