FBI linked group has taken over BTC-E

archive.is/DQNJJ

There's a link in the WhoIs that linked to the domain confiscation page seen in attached picture.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/8xbVP
dnc.org.nz/whois/btc-e.nz
btc-e.nl
archive.is/LywFC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EVERYBODY SELL EVERYTHING ON BTC-E!!!!!

explain, i understand nothin

When the FBI takes over a domain, they use name servers like "sinkhole.shadowserver.org". The same thing happened to Liberty Reserve when the Feds took it over.

Basically this.
archive.is/8xbVP

BTC-E has been known to be a sketchy Russian/Bulgarian owned bitcoin exchange that is operated entirely anonymously. Basically no one knows who the fuck the owners are or where they are from. Ironically, they actually had one of the best reputations in the industry when it comes to security and uptime and ease of use. I'm guessing they have some links to money trafficking or other forms of high level crime and the FBI is putting a stop to it

When will we have a fully functioning and easy to use DEX? At that point it will officially be game over.

btc-e.nz unaffected so far
dnc.org.nz/whois/btc-e.nz

Maybe linked to the recent arrsst in greece?

Yes, it's the same thing.
The redirect to the FBI servers is most likely a trap to fish out the remaining Admins while will try to access the website.

>while will try
*who will try

Figured going to be an interesting month for BTC

I'd love to know how much BTC they ceased from the people involved, artikel didn't mention any specific numbers, wonder if they dump them in august

Business idea:
Make a non KYC exchange that is only open to people from some sub-sahara shithole countries and make people who sign up explicitly agree that they are not American, European or Chinese citizens.

Btc-e only got fucked because they did business with American citizens. If you credibly exclude people from relevant countries then fbi or other competent police force has no reason to go down on you.

>BTC-E
Who...?

It's going to be a sad day when companies start excluding amerfarts due to their government's regulations.

Kills innovation.

> inb4 MUH MONEY LAUNDERING ISN'T INNOVATIVE

Yes you small minded amerifargot, but having people w8 3 weeks for ID verification to trade coins is annoying and invades privacy. No one wants your bureaucracies meddling with their taxes due to their support of certain organizations (irs auditing people due to political views).

It was the oldest existing Bitcoin exchange until it was shut down a few days ago.

This was also just registered:
btc-e.nl

They already do. It is already a chore to find foreign banks that will let an American open an account. The banks absolutely don't want to comply with U.S. reporting requirements, not that I blame them.

Holy fuck it's down..

So what happens to people who have fiat or coins held on the exchange?

Any users here affected?

No idea. Everyone is panicking since no one knows what's going on or what to do.

Yeah, these are all uncharted waters.

Hard even to gauge the fundamental forces.

And there it is:
archive.is/LywFC

So BTC-e is suddenly the safest and most trustworthy exchange. Great news.

The site was up on Wed. when I last checked:

Yeah, $100 in ETH. It's a shit situation, but I went in as much as I was prepared to lose.

According to this, if the Feds get your IP from BTC-e, they may consider you avoiding taxes, and audit your taxes.

This is already occurring. From poker to bank accounts the rest of the world will not deal with US citizens unless they are very wealthy as US authorities have international reach it's simply easier to avoid doing business with them and the regulatory compliance that comes with them.

Started playing online poker in 03. This isn't good.