Can we get a Veeky Forumsorical clothing thread going on?

Can we get a Veeky Forumsorical clothing thread going on?

Veeky Forums can join too if they want.

British sailor on shore leave at a music bar in Yokohama.

Isn't that David Bowie?

Any updates from that user who was planning on recreating Mayan fashion?

Oh, they had designers then

Yeah, he killed himself a fortnight ago. He made a last post which read, "it's too hard. It's too fucking hard."
Such a shame.

Ohh what era? I love old male sailor uniforms.
>Tfw kind of miss the days when guys would always be dressed in slacks/dress pants and button ups and suits. Also the hats were cool.

Think it is French but not sure if 1930s or 20s

bump from a former Veeky Forumsggot

Show me a more fancy Asian dress

Thai traditonal wedding attire

Upper class Thai attire. Btw I have alot of Thai fashion pics because I really like their culture and clothing. Want me to dump?

Typical Japanese Edo period vs. Ainu clothing.

nice try but not even close. I mean, You're not gonna wear that outfit to Don Legazpi's party wouldn't you?

barongs really just give out a sense of formality not usually found in other Asian dresses

Victorian era. They are Tsar Nicholas II and King George V

So it is just simple formal attire? Like Indian Sari has become for many women or pic related?
I just found it on Pinterest once when looking at traditional Thai wedding attire

peacock barong

You know it would facilitate more discussion if you actually posted the culture or time period of the peice. Preferencially both.

This era is the last Veeky Forums era imo, breeches and sashes were cool as fuck, fuck those french revolutionaries and their peasant "trousers"

Not him, but is an actor portraying Stalin in early 1930s propaganda.

Spear chucking potter vs. keyhole tomb building rice farmer.

The Barong Tagalog, more commonly known as simply Barong (and occasionally called Baro), is an embroidered formal shirt and considered the national dress of the Philippines. It is lightweight and worn untucked over an undershirt. The Barong Tagalog was popularized as formal wear by President Ramón Magsaysay, who wore it to most private and state functions, including his own inauguration.
In Filipino culture it is a common formal attire, especially at weddings. Less formal variants are used in schools, universities and offices. Occasionally a feminized version is worn by women, either as an egalitarian or haute couture fashion statement, or as a form of power dressing when worn by female politicians such as then Philippine President Corazon Aquino during her presidency.

Wouldn't the Jomon have practiced teeth pulling though? The girl may have had no front teeth.

Really? :(

Sweden with literally the most aesthetic military uniforms in history

Trust no one not even your self

Yeah. Vast improvement over the lace up pants in medieval times.
Still, too cumbersome imo. They must have died in the summer too.

Never heard of that before. According to Japanese sources they did pull out various combinations of the front teeth so yeah. The jomon gril could be missing some canines/incisors. They did it during the Early Yayoi period too.

My vote for best uniform goes to the Napoleonic Cuirrassiers

Girl or boy? Leaning on boy because no boobs but...the cheeks and lips though..also slender shoulders.

It's like traps in anime. They drew a girl and say it's a boy.

1910's very likely

Why?
No, seriously how does a mixture with vinegar (Acetic ACID) help protect teeth?
Acids in foods is as bad for teach as sugar.
Also I thought samurai class and other warlords, mostly the men, stopped doing it in Muromachi period, especially approaching the sengoku era, because it was seen as feminine and an "affectation"

So boy?

Kaiser Wilhelm was Veeky Forums as fuck

>WE

I don't get the context. what do you mean?
This guy is clearly at least SEA

The bottom right corner of the image. Stupid and unfunny ik, but I felt obligated.

I'm still here. Doing research still and asking around people for suggestions on how to go about this. It's my first time attempting something like this and I want to do it right. Gonna buy some upland cotton fabric sometime this month.

Tsar Nicholas' a cute daughter

18th Century sure looked creepy

You have issues but ok.
Pic is get up of Russian soldier I think.

Samurai boy with the same JUST... hairstyle endemic to the period.

semi-off-topic: Did this longhair ponytail hairstyle actually appeared in Japan?

The armor is Circassian

I have a few Byzantine pics on hair and court dress.

Not outside anime.
If anything, maybe younger men sometimes did it. But it seems like the shaved hair was some type of rite if passage type thing the way I see it.
Only other people were Ronin of course, who had no master or clan they served.

Lets be real though, these are photos, so they were likely taken during the very late Edo period(1800s)when westerners started coming over or early Meiji period. I will go with early Edo since I don't think any samurai were still parading around like that then.

I've always loved these bandanas malays have

Normans

tfw it isn't acceptable to wear kilts all the time unless you're a 10/10 and can wear whatever you want anyway

although you can overdo it

Oh. Well I thought it would be cool to post since we rarely see photos of people in the past wearing armor like that.

Irish dress > Scottish dress

Malay ceremonial clothing
Nice, always loved Thai attire
Thats not tengkolok

Well, I never said it was

Where were you guys when I was making a thread about early Filipino culture? Should I have said Pinoy instead?

What ethnic group are those suppose to be, and how accurate are these even.
They have tattoos that look like they're from the igorots.

Btw these in my picture are Kapampangans not Tagalogs as added there.

Korean drawn by Rubens

I don't need anything other than a loincloth thanks. Maybe a deer skirt and if it gets a bit chilly

not so fast

Nazi uniforms look ridiculously good. Than again, anything between 1880 and 1950 does.

I love how the Ottomans struck a balance between their own clothing and western suits in the 1900's

>Thats not tengkolok
I prefer the simple but cool bandana to that ridiculous headwear

Cheongsam is the best imo

I can't appreciate these kinds of beards anymore now that I see them all the time on skinny flannel wearing faggots with hipster glasses.

Ah, good to hear. I was just wondering if it was still in the works. As a mesoboo I appreciate what you're doing a lot.