Did the Roman's commit genocide?

Did the Romans commit genocide against the Carthegians or was it fair play?

>Genocide [...] or [...] fair play?
Genocide was fair play back then.

Genocide's almost always okay considering people with no convictions or extreme convictions can do it.

Or people with different convictions. Like back then. Stop looking through the lens of modernity.

No, convictions have always been a thing, that wasn't a modern invention, it's just very different

Genocide is a not a word to use when you talk about antique history. Romans didn't care about skin colours and neither killed any people for this reason.

Carthage was a threat for Rome security, so they destroyed it stone by stone the second time.

Cut the shit whit all that genocide madness

This though, this was the best comment in this thread, my comments were unnecessary
>tfw have to explain to my bernie supporting friend that Rome wasn't "xenophobic"

They certainly didn't like foreigners either.

yes

That's fair play desu

>Both tribes annihilated
>Lists four tribes

uh

This
Much like the Greeks, Macedonians and Persians the Romans were just a glorified tribe that happened to be the strongest in terms of military might because they eradicated every other tribe that stood against them from the face of the earth.

What are you talking about!? Rome LOVED foreigners so much they chose to invade them.

Carthage was not a threat at this point, Cato.

There's no genetic evidence pointing to wholescale population extermination. While Carthage the city itself and the city residents might have been destroyed, the overall North African gene pool didn't change much.

You have to remember populations were far less urbanized back then. If you completely wipe out a city, the surrounding area will still have a giant majority of the populace.

They were tho

You had lìke two choices

>Be Roman
>Be dead

No wait another
>Be romes little bitch

I'm surprised Rome wasn't burned more often desu

what part of delenda est do you not understand, Hannibal?

Its Carthago not Carthage, two different places

The only actual attempt at genocide the Romans may have committed was under Marius who was under orders from the aegis of the Roman Senate to "depopulate" the Teutonics and Cimbria tribes and their other Germanic allies during the Cimbrian War.

>why not both?

>Romans didn't care about skin colours

I doubt that very much. Romans were racist as fuck to anyone who wasnt greek or roman.

Not skin color.
The were had cultural bias, not racial.
By our standards today the Romans committed loads of genocide. It was much more militarily acceptable in ancient times.

Yeah there was totally no significant advances in technology or philosophy by those empires

Wonder what happened to Divico

They deserved it. Teutonic twats t b h.

pretty sure Caesar wiped out the Veneti
it was also a total overreaction