Troy: Fall of a city

New BBC epic miniseries based on the Trojan War and the love affair between Paris and Helen.

Thoughts?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy:_Fall_of_a_City

Also general historical movie/tv show thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/title/tt5103758/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cast

m.imdb.com/title/tt5103758/

Should cast Paris as Idris Elba desu

That'd be pretty expensive, I don't think the BBC can afford it.

>Troilus but no Aeneas?
>Aphrodite is white but Zeus is black?
>Hermes but no Apollo, Hera, Ares, Eris, or Athena?
>No greater or lesser Ajax
At least Agamemnon won't be portrayed as a fat bitch like in Troy but a Greek Hero, and I feel as though they made Achilles and Patroklus black (And my bet is they will be really gay) just for the sake of it despite the rest of the Greeks and Trojans being white, just like the BBC did with Margaret of Anjou in their Shakespeare show.
Also when will they make a modern feature length Odyssey film?

Zeus is black, so its not just the gay sweethearts.
But considering Zeus has also been a cow, thats not breaking the lore much.

IM a sucker for good romances but slut Helen and cuck Paris is not one of them.

you don't even know the meaning of your identifying 'I'm a retard' word anymore, Paris is the complete opposite of a cuck you braindead faggot

Yeah, how is Paris a cuck? He does the cucking.

>bitching about race in mythology
If you wanted a true representation of the period, user, you'd need a time machine to pluck individuals from the period itself and then teach them how to act, because the achaeans and Trojans don't exist as an ethnicity anymore and haven't for millennia
>inb4 muh greeks
What are the Dorian, sea peoples, Roman, and eventually Slavic migrations/ civilizations?
Having blacks play Achilles and his gay lover/bff is only as absurd as them being played by mongrel Germanic/celtic/Roman peoples.

If they get the fashion right I will overlook the anglos and blacks playing greek and anatolians.

Greece should ban this film

>They can't even be bothered to hire actors that look the part and you think they're going to take the time research and produce period correct costumes.
LOL

>What are the Dorian, sea peoples, Roman, and eventually Slavic migrations/ civilizations?
Having blacks play Achilles and his gay lover/bff is only as absurd as them being played by mongrel Germanic/celtic/Roman peoples.

Why not hire Chinese actors you fucking racist?

We have no idea WHAT The fashion was in late bronze age Troy, the Anatilian kingdoms south of them such as Mira depicted their kings sculpted in Mountains wearing a big conical cap and pointed "genie like" shoes

>If you wanted a true representation of the period, user, you'd need a time machine
Or just take some mediterranean people, mate.

but muh turk invasion
muh arab invasion
muh one drop rule

That wouldn't be diverse user, better to hire actors from literally the opposite side of the continent.

Real question. Homer, one man, or many?

He is just a character made up by Plato.

Hellen was a blonde.

Hellen fucked everyone

>ruin your whole nation for a slut
Dictionary example of cuck.

WHY THE FUCK IS THE MALE PROTAGONIST WHITE? IS BBC WHITE SUPREMACIST? THEY SHOULD PEIVATIZE AND SELL IT TO MY UNCLE SCHLOMO!

bait

How do you figure.

I am just joking about Socrates, chill.

Just read the Age of Bronze comics closest thing you'll get to a good series on the Trojan War.

The what?

For fuck's sake.

>aphrodite is a ginger

kek

Diomedes was a better hero than Achilles.

its not Rome so its shit

>niggers
Why are anglos such cum sipping cucks?

>brits are forced to pay for this
This is getting out of hand, honestly.

Nuke bbc already.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Big Black Cock))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I don't understand why are these people Black? If they had a show that took place in China or India would it be filled with Blacks as well or is it only Meds and Europeans that must suffer this?

>I don't understand why are these people Black?

The actors are black, the characters aren't.
It really doesn't matter, the more you think about it.

well they better put some red haired wig on that Achilles, stat

>agamemmnon was a little white cuckboi
>Achilles was a bull

REALLY
BOILED
MY
NOODLES

>The actors are black, the characters aren't
Retarded. I'd rather see them put on Whiteface than strut around as is.

Having other Europeans play our ancient heroes is fine. Having Blacks do it (in Europe, not in Africa) is insulting. Hate to say it but it's true.

Undeniably. Achilles was a whiney teen in other words.

>americans playing greeks is fine
>congolese playing greeks is sin

??

GET BACK TO GAUL, GINGER KNOB!

> Achilles is a negroid
Fucking disgusting.
Jesus Christ, can we please just finish our trip to the apex of degeneracy so that the race war can start already.

WE WUZeus

Hopefully Dunkirk will give filmmakers the balls not to cast based on diversity.

>using "negroid" to refer to a black british actor

Hello, 20th century political racism academic.

American movie productions using American actors out of convenience and name value

vs

(((BBC))) using whatever black actor they find to enhance diversity

???

In this case is more about internal consistency.
>Greek and Trojans are all white
>Then there is just two of them that aren't
It is like watching a movie set in ancient China and a white guy shows up and is the only not chinese there.

hi

BBC using british actors*

your point is?

oy vey

American movie productions using American actors out of convenience and name value - NORMAL

British movie productions using British actors out of convenience and name value - OY VEY ITS ANUTTHA NURMBERG TRIALS

How would you have reacted if, instead of simple diversity casts, it had been all-women diversity ones?

*unzips dick*

>out of convenience

Yeah, yeah, fuck off. Everyone knows why they were cast, including you - negro novelty 'really makes you think'.

This wilful fucking ignorance, and worse, attempts to pretend that this isn't a deliberate and racially motivated casting by an institution notorious for doing such things, is really tedious, although I wouldn't be surprised if you were actually British yourself.

not him, but while north european phenotype wasn't common in ancient greece, people with similar looks clearly existed.
On the other hand, there simply were no native black people there.

That would be interesting at least. An all-female Illiad? I'd watch it. An all-BLACK Illiad? I'd watch that, too. An Illiad with some, but not all, the characters played by niggers for literally no reason? Yeah, no.

The characters aren't black, you imbecile. The actors are.
You know, like when an alien character is played by a human with a paintjob.

so why didn't they give the character a paintjob?
or even better, find an actor who fits the character better?

How do you know the actor doesn't fit, you haven't seen him play yet. Maybe he makes a great hoplite [spoiler]which google auto-corrects to shoplifter...[/spoiler].

he doesn't look like the character he is supposed to play
This breaks the immersion.

How do you know? We don't have surviving photographs of the character, the guy deleted his facebook profile.

we have surviving art that clearly depicts his as a caucasian person

We have surviving art depicting him as 20 feet tall and swinging ships around, probably. Doesn't mean shit.
Actually, we have surviving art of dragons and gods. Use the same logic on them.

i am not entierly sure what you are getting at
this is based of a myth, not on a real story.
We know for sure that gods appear in that series, maybe also dragons

>HURR how do u kno Greek heroes weren't niggers?

It's a legend, a story with fictional elements that is based on a real event.

Goddamn it, you stormfags are autistic and you know you wouldn't watch shit

>HURR

I'm not a "stormfag" you pathetic whiny cucklord faggot, and I absolutely would watch an all-female or all-nigger adaptation.

This is a crime.

>pathetic whiny cucklord faggot
Underage gtfo

I like the fact that the show acknowledges that he looks like a Gaul

Why?

You know (((why))).

I thought this was a joke.

I don't understand why they are doing this, I really don't. It just creates more friction and hatred.

WTF is this real?

>tfw you want to post WE in latin but you realize that they use declensions so it wouldnt really make sense unless you posted the entire WE WERE KINGS but your latin is so bad from not having studied it in decades you dont know how

Rex (declinded properly) SUMMUS or someshit

WE

>THEY LITERALLY PAY FOR THIS SHIT WITH THEIR TAXES
Every day I'm thanking God I wasn't born in a cuckolded, poverty-stricken, depressing police state of a shithole like Britain.

>Idris Elba
Why does everyone keep fawning over this meme nigger? He was pretty good in Beasts of no nation but that's about it.

I'm fine paying taxes to them. They typically make quality shows.

because the chinese work and have jobs in bongistan. The pakis are too busy raping women, and the poos are shitting in the streets. Plus jews love blackies.

Better just hire blacks instead because they're more conspicuous than Asians when it comes to your mandated diversity quota.

t. Someone who knows nothing about Archaic, Ancient, or Classical Greece or Greek mythology

I fucking wish just one show/comic/book/series on the Trojan war would mention Diomedes, who fought godS in battle. ffs

They will never do a series set in China or India. They're afraid of being called racist for appropriating someone else's national history for profit.

>red hair
>Achilles

Try blonde. Menelaus is a redhead. That's the sole reason Helen picked him after the Greek kings swore the Oath of Tyrtaeus

Movie threads should not be allowed.

And people should not respond to obvious b8.

Not a Stormfag or from /pol/, but I agree with I would absolutely watch a Trojan War movie or series with an all female or all black or even all Asian cast. That's what a re-imagining is, which is apparently what people claim this is. Don't shoehorn people in because you're trying to be progressive and have diversity quotas to fill. If you're going to do that, actually fucking do that. Go make the cast actually diverse. Give parts to Gujarati and Hindi actors. Throw a few Arabic actors in the mix. Chinese? Yes please! Japanese actors welcome.

Don't tell me you can only find black actors to fill a diversity standard set by the BBC. THAT is racist. I find it odd that everyone bitches about the forced diversity in BBC programming and nobody bitches about the fact that the amount of diversity they present is limited only to Africans. That's fairly racist, actually, to claim to be an inclusion-oriented company and then select just a single minority race to include despite the fact that dozens of other minority races live and thrive in your country and are easily accessible by your recruiting staff.

>TL;DR Why only blacks for minority inclusion? Isn't that racist?

I'd rather have more movies like Black Panther revolving around an all-black cast and telling an african story, with the mandatory couple of maghrebi/white slaves/merchant/emissary, than having this kind of shit.

Though I feel it's better if they don't make the character black, just the actor.

Isn't Black Panther about a hidden african fascist state conducting spec-ops hit around the globe?

Zeus can turn himself into a stream of piss, why can't be go black?

Fitting that black men are gods and white bitches are their fuck holes while lowly whitebois are dominated beneath the power of the almighty BBC in the sky.
This is your place whitebois, slaves to the black man reigning supreme.

In the comics, pretty much. They are also technology advanced, thanks to their king-warrior savior demigod. It's silly, but it's a comic book so w/e
Though when it comes to african history there's a lot of untold stories that would be interesting to see on the screen.

Why would Zeus want to turn himself into piss and shit?

Yeah id watch a fully race lifted show. Thats pretty much what hollywood/european movies are anyway where a whole cast of ancient greeks/romans/egyptians or whatever are played by northern european actors

As long as the portrayal is reasonably consistent, where characters of basically the same ethnicity are played by actors of basically the same ethnicity then its all good

are you proud to be a 48%er instead?