/EBAY GENERAL/

Advice, tips, and good things to flip

Ive been at the reselling game for about 8 months now. Ive made just over $4,000 (profit) in my spare time.

I drive to the 12 thrift shops within 10 miles of my house almost daily and look for pro audio/speakers, video games (ps1/2, gamecube games) & consoles, as well as some books and jackets. other things too if they catch my eye.

best score so far was a full gamecube, the game boy attachment + startup disc and about 25 games in perfect condition. paid $20 for it all and parted it out and made almost $600

>ebay

What exchange is it on

I heard its gonna moon soon!
liqui

ebay is a lot harder to make profit these days. not bad place to get rid of shit around the house though.

the trading fees are horrendous

Fees are lessened if you set up your eBay/PayPal as a business. I know people making a fair amount in their free time selling parts on from a B2B site they managed to get access to

>4000$ in 8 months

Jesus christ, you could be doing almost anything else in your spare time and make more profit. I bet you didn't even think about the gas money you spent going to the thrift shops

fuck eBay and their 10% cut

people here always say this kind of thing, but honestly, he's probably broke and it's fun

you people are so negative about everything that isn't 1000% returns on crypto in a week

it makes this place really shitty. Veeky Forums would honestly be better if we had a crypto containment board, and I say this as someone who trades crypto

I actually want to talk real Veeky Forums and even maybe shitty 4k in 8 months wastes of time now and then

Iv used ebay for years and honestly its only good if you got abunch of extra stuff. I wouldnt try to make it a business. If you pay for the shipping fees, you will be making like 25% profit off of total sales. Its stupid.

I dont have much of a problem. i do really well on video games. i guess were hitting a time where a lot of old parents are donating old video games from millennials and millennials themselves are finally getting money to buy old shitty video games for nostalgia.

my local goodwills have a huge used video game section and people only go for the ps3/xbox360 games. swear im the only person that buys the old stuff. picked up 10 nice n64 games just tonight actually. one is worth like $45. Also all old games are priced at 50 cents each. so even if i sell it for $5 its still good profit as long as im selling a couple of them.

You just gotta git gud at valuing things and knowing what actually sells.

It is pretty high. comes to right under 15% but paypal has already saved my ass a couple times so id say its worth the 5%.

This. If it's something OP enjoys too then it's not a bad way to make $4k

OP This isn't a joke. My mom used to make $50,000 in profit making and selling custom dog clothes on EBay. She would only sew for like an hour a day and take custom orders. Do what she wouldn't do (was just a hobby for her) and pay people a commission to make dog clothes for you.

Shit sold for $20 to $150 and took like 10 minutes to make.

Keep in mind this was 7 years ago..

I'm not even into crypto myself. I'm actually happy to see an ebay thread. But it seems to me that OP is wasting a lot of time/ looking for the stupidest items to trade.
Trading video games just doesn't make sense, especially the ones after the PS1 era, the supply is just way too high.
He got lucky with the gamecube though

Do you have any suggestions for fun/profitable biz, part time or otherwise? eBay seems like a dead end for anything more than what OP is doing.

I pass them on the way to work. i literally list things one night a week. the worst part is getting up a little earlier so i can stop by the post office. extra $500 a month (and growing), and i actually cleared $1000 in july alone, isnt to shabby IMO. takes very little extra time and i hardly spend anything for the stuff i sell.

Ive been considering trying to devote more time to it but the more you list the more messages and bullshit you have to deal with. im at a comfortable amount of work, and ive been reinvesting all of my earning into guns.

god im totally with you. im sick of all the stupid alt-coin crap here. this place used to be better.

you're just doing it wrong. look for higher margins.

Too many new fags on their phones clearing out anything that is worth selling. Trade crypto
And stay out we don't want you. I've been full time for 4 years the amount of you faggots is driving me crazy.

Good post, I read about an user operating a cleaning/stuff removal from generally deceases estates and he was making ok money.

Sounded fun, especially in the USA where you'll come across cool old guns and other yank specific stuff. Recently I've been offered 3 apartments worth of stuff because I live rural and have space.

I haven't bought anything new in years, it's like we're at peak stuff due to post qe, easy stimulus finance. This seems to have completely changed the second hand market.

Snes games are becoming expensive here, same idea as record collections

What kind of dog clothes... because im not seeing any over like $15

Ive worked in the pawn business for a few years and know which games sell. i dont just buy every ps1/2 game i see. Its been pretty profitable considering the time, money and effort put in.

The video-game market is larger than you think.

what?

Ive read from a lot of people that shipping supplies can really kill profits depending on the kinds of things youre selling, im lucky enough to be able to use all of my works shipping supplies to mail stuff. its gotten me a lot of good reviews because i dont need to be stingy with the bubble wrap.

That's pretty neat actually. Do the people at your work place know?

Yeah i run my works ebay account, I have over 1000 positive feedback and 0 negatives from reselling things i buy with their money. we have cleared over $20,000 this year so far. And ebay isnt a big part of the business at all. we just sell a few high dollar items that wouldnt sell well in the shop

its what inspired me to start my own ebay this year and see how i can do. I also do all my own listings and responding and packaging during work hours.

If i wanted to i could easily make ebay a fulltime job and clear a couple grand a month going to auctions and estate sales. I started on Jan 1st as a sort of trail.

i looked over the OP and it's worded like i go to each of the 12 thrift shops every single day. thats not the case, i normally stop by one a day on the way home from work, alternating them all.

yeah after reading the other posts in your thread you sound a whole lot of saner. Seems like a fun way to earn money on the side, especially with the bonus of your workplace making it that easy

do you set it up as a business or private seller? Can you give pointers on pricing? Also i hard amazon charges less per listing

>buy item on ebay (from soulless company, Chinese ones work best)
>it arrives
>message seller
>'item hasn't arrived' or 'item is broken'
>seller will either resend or refund
>profit
>you now have two items for the price of one or one item for free

business for work but private for my personal account.

Im pretty good with pricing and can eyeball most products, but if im sure ill search ebay, select used, then sold listings, and sort by recently ended. that will show you what a product has been selling for lately and how often it sells. compare that with just used active listings and you can determine how much you can get or how cheap you need to make something to make it sell.

For work we aim for higher ticket items, and normally wont list something we cant make at least $100 profit on.

Ive been doing it a lot differently personally. Its solely a hobby right now and i dont intend to spend any serious money of my own on merchandise right now. I buy video games mostly for 25-50cents and sell them for between $7-60, with spending less and selling smaller ticket items fee's and shipping hardly affect me.

also amazon is terrible to sell on, every other item you sell gets returned.

Type "custom dog clothes" in EBay and you will see. It's usually older ladies that buy them and they would always ask her to make custom outfits and she would give them a price, easy to impress them.

arnt you clever

How the hell can you afford shipping for all this? Or do you make the customer pay the ridiculous shipping fees?

Ebay makes it really hard to sell electronics nowadays. A buyer could literally buy a laptop, take out the graphics card, and then return it saying it didn't come with one and was not as advertised. Source: Happened to me with a M17xR3 and my $300 xbox controller.

As I've said its mostly video games. Ill do free shipping on any game I can sell for more than $12. Cost 2.02 to ship.

Also all of my packing materials are free

This is another reason i stick to low ticket items.

For work we will only list items of the highest quality and ive still had to issue A LOT of partial refund for stupid shit.

I recently sold a really nice guitar for a lot of money and decided to included a free hard case for shipping purposes. It was a locking guitar case and the lock was broken, but still had 4 latches, closed fine and was in great condition. Buyer typed up a fucking novel about the "broken case" (i even mentioned the case in the listing and specified it for shipping purposes) and about how he felt the guitar might have been stolen due to the lock not working. He threatened me with a bad review and hinted at reporting me unless i issued him a partial refund for the amount of a new hard case that would fit this specific guitar ($90).

enjoy having your account shut down and paypal taking all of your money. All new accounts get 21 day holds on incoming funds to deter this exact thing.

It'd be too much work. High-quality replicas are still expensive and still detectable. You'd be lucky to get 2 sales to clear before you got banned.

Do you mostly flip items? any experience with making anything and selling it or is that too much work?

You have to hit the goodwill bins. Find the wholesale store nearest you.

Old neighbor has built an eBay biz doing clothing and electronics, net profits are ~$100k/year. That's after about 5 years doing this grind

Only flip things. i personally think it would be too much work to make stuff to sell unless you had a really good idea and a means of making it cheaply.

Ive had ideas but unless your making rock & bead jewelry the overhead or start up cost are much to high. and you need to be really sure of this idea working and selling well. otherwise its a huge waste of time.

Im considering this lifestyle, it just feels risky. I would need to devote much more time, and money to my personal account, to the point where i couldnt have another job.

bump for less shitcoins

Yep. The scary thing is that you can now get enough plate silverware to serve an entire school for around $100.

This combined with various other things means that nothing has any value.

If you're not selling used products, would Amazon be better to use?

Ebay is a meme