How the hell did Saint Paul write a letter to the Phillipians if the Philippines hadn't even been discovered by Spain...

How the hell did Saint Paul write a letter to the Phillipians if the Philippines hadn't even been discovered by Spain yet? Did God give him divine powers?

It's to the city Phillipi in Greece you idiot.

Notice how the phillipines is one of the most catholic countries? It's because of their earlier exposure to Christianity since Paul send them a postcard

That's exactly what I'm saying. If the Philippians are in some nowhere in greece like says, how come the Phillipines are Catholic? The only thing I don't understand is how did Paul know the Philippines existed and how did he know where to send his letter.

This is the best thread ever.

>Philippians
>Philippines
Either an idiot or really just a troll

Several decades before Saint Paul, Marcus Tulius Cicero addressed his Philippics to the Sanate of Rome. So presumably they had the forwarding address.

The Philippians are the people who live in the Phillipines you idiot

I'm a fucking Filipino you fuck

>Filipino
You can't even spell Philipino right, stop LARPing

>Philippians are people from the philippines

Ah that does make sense. My theory is after he learned about the Phillipines existence he sent his letter with someone down the Silk Road into China. It's likely the man he sent with the letter had a contact in China who then sailed it to the Philippines. It's incredible how people like Paul and Thomas managed to spread the word of Jesus so far.

This fucking thread

Rome discovering the Philippines make more sense than a bunch of hispanics

Because the true christianity is located in the far east isles

HOLY SHIT ALL THOSE ROMAN COSTUMES IN PHILIPPINE FESTIVALS FINALLY MAKES SENSE.

Nah dude, the festival portrays the crucifixion of jesus

Nice deduction user

You're clearly baiting so I'll sage but since it doesn't seem like anyone else has answered it the Philippians are the residents of Philippi, in what's now Macedonia.

No, it is because the spanish inquisition forced Filipinos to go catholic

Phillipians means horse fuckers in greek, he was trying to change their ways

I fucking love this thread.

Why was Jesus CHRIST just coincidentally born on CHRISTmas? Sounds fake to me.

This thread has convinced me that christianity is the only right path

dumbass, he was named after Christmas because he was born that day

Yeah, I hear that claimed a lot, but where's the fossil evidence?

Why is Philadelphia the seat of one of the seven churches in the Book of Revelation? I thought the Americas hadn't been discovered yet.

Matthew 19:26
And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

>How the hell did Saint Paul write a letter to the Phillipians if the Philippines hadn't even been discovered by Spain yet? Did God give him divine powers?- 29 posts and 5 image replies shown.
Another meaningful Veeky Forums thread.

Veeky Forums
Come for answers, stay for the shitposting.

This is a high quality thread. 10/10