Why do houses typically only get bought by two people (couples...

Why do houses typically only get bought by two people (couples, husbands and wives) but you never see groups of friends or like multiple couples that are friends pool their monies together to buy luxurious places with a lot of bedrooms and space? Wouldn't it cost less money in the end if, let's say 3 couples (6 people) shared a big ass villa, like one big family/small community, with enough room for everybody, kids growing up together, etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

marketplace.org/amp/2017/08/08/economy/millennials-with-boom-mates-could-ease-housing-crunch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> mixing money and friends
bad idea

Clearly you have never bad shitty roomates

I'd rather mix money with a trusted male friend than a girlfriend who will just spend it on frivolous shit

Cause people want to have their own peace and not live in one house with 2 other families who will have 2 kids on average making that 12 people living under one roof?

Also that villa looks a shitload more expensive than 3 regular houses.

Many reasons but I think ego is involved too. They want " their " house, reproducing the scheme they were taught it was normal ( not saying it's not ) but yeah I guess if you " own " a house with 3 other friends then it's not " your " house and the human brain become not happy

>Hey user want to go all in on a house for the next 30 years?
>Sure user, sounds like a great plan.
>Hey user, I just met this girl and we're getting married in the spring. I'll either need your half of the equity or for you to move out.

Yeah, that sounds like a great plan.

good idea, as long as all these conditions are met:
- the big ass villa is literally divided into three separated and locked apartments

- the friends are literally silent like monks everytime I need a nap or some peace

- the friends won't waste/damage anything without paying immediately in full, and will always immediately pay their share of taxes and shit

Only works with close family and even then it's a big IF.

Real question is why do americans kick their kids out at 18

Heard a story on boomers renting out their kids' rooms for extra money. Like seriously? Why did these people have kids if all they wanted was money and they dont help their own progeny get ahead / keep them close?

to stop them from being beta inexperienced cucks

fpbp

See, you have to walk on fucking eggeshells in your own house which you paid for with your own money.

>Heard a story on
Well firstly that's an anecdote. Citation needed.

>Why did these people have kids if all they wanted was money and they dont help their own progeny get ahead / keep them close?
because it's in their "script". They can't feel validated as people until they pop out a few kids.

It's a right of passage thing.

I don't know if anyone of you knows this but besides saving on money living in such a tight knit community can actually increase your lifespan beyond 100. Real (not internet) social interaction is the strongest survival predictor.

Just because it's an anecdote doesnt make it false, faggot

What if I want to live fast and die (not too) young?

Perfect way of ruining your health into the old age, because you won't die young even if you wish so.

It doesn't make it true either. What is your point? I said "Citation Needed".

So what, you're saying youth is truly wasted on the youth and the best approach is a slow and steady life because it leads to less (health related) suffering later?

Needed for what? I hate this fucking phrase. This is not Wikipedia.

marketplace.org/amp/2017/08/08/economy/millennials-with-boom-mates-could-ease-housing-crunch

housing coops exist
so do time shares

It's enough if you stop equating doing drugs, getting shitfaced and consuming shitty diet as a proper usage of youth.