How come this place is not more talked about?

>Greatest producer of copper in antiquity, extremely infuential for bronze age trade
>Home of the philistines and other sea peoples who caused the bronze age collapse
>opened the silver trade routes to Europe and showed the Phoenicians the routes towards it, leading to the alphabetic revolution and the urbanization of South Europe
>Home of the founder of the Stoicism school of thought
>Reason for the greatest naval battle ever, the battle of Lepanto between Europe and Ottomans

The list could go on

Other urls found in this thread:

haaretz.com/jewish/archaeology/1.738150
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Myeongnyang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The list could go on
Do.

This. Dpn't leave us hanging

>Cyprus became the first country in the world to be governed by a Christian ruler.

>ccording to some ancient authorities, Stasinus (Greek: Στασῖνος) of Cyprus, a semi-legendary early Greek poet, was the author of the Cypria, in eleven books, one of the poems belonging to the Epic Cycle that narrated the War of Troy. According to Photius others ascribed it to Hegesias (or Hegesinus) of Salamis or elsewhere even to Homer himself, who was said to have written it on the occasion of his daughter's marriage to Stasinus. At Halicarnassus, according to an inscription found in 1995, local tradition ascribed it to a local poet, a "Kyprias" (Κυπρίας).[1][2]

Because everytime Cyprus is brought to discussion it turns in to a shitstorm between Greeks and Turks.

How did they manage to stay Greek for centuries even though it's closest to the Middle East than Europe?

>manage to stay Greek
WRONG

But the majority of the island is still Greek. Also that's pure nigger-tier behaviour, Turks do things like this and then wonder why people don't like them.

>MY ASS IS BUTTBLASTED

>Mehmet shits up another thread
This thread really needs flags to weed out T*rks

*board

I hate t*rks but this is fucking hilarious

masterbaiters

*website

>philistines
Isn't that Crete? Pretty sure its Crete

No, it is not, Philistines used Cypro Minoan and were dressed as bronze age Cypriots, not as Cretins, they were also buried like Cypriots and used Mycenean pottery of the Cypriot and Cilician variant, they were Cyprtiots with maybe a little Minoan-Mycenean admixture but they were mostly Cypriot

I think it' also has the most aesthetic coastline of any island in the med. That peninsula in the northeast is just so dashing.

>New discoveries reveal that the Philistine cities of ancient Israel were laid out like Bronze Age cities in Cyprus, unlike the haphazard structure of the surrounding Canaanite towns. Also, archaeological investigation in Philistine Gath itself found metal-smelting technologies alien to Canaanite traditions, but akin to techniques found in Cyprus of thousands of years ago.
read more: haaretz.com/jewish/archaeology/1.738150

Going here on holiday next month. Any cool historical things to visit? Planning to see the Tomb of Kings but I have no idea what it is.

>T*rk ruins yet another thread

Can we rangeban these roaches already

*planet

>island looks like its dabbing

TURK = ALPHA = BUTTBLASTER
wh*Te = BETA = BUTTHURT

>Using nigger as an "insult"
why do you wh*Te subhumans always so pathetic?

>Reason for the greatest naval battle ever, the battle of Lepanto between Europe and Ottomans
Umm, no, sweetie.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Myeongnyang
Or this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trafalgar

And no, I'm not even "wh*te".

You're right if Turks turned into niggers it would probably be an improvement.

are you a Greek subhuman?
BLACK people are based.

>implying white people exist in America
Are you memeing right now