Hip Hop

A little bit of history and a little bit of & Humanities out of this one.

History of Hip Hop.

>where did it start
>where did it go
>where is it today as a culture
>what's your favorite form?

Personally I like the hip hop subculture of graffiti art. There is something truly magnificent about the equal parts of destruction and creation involved with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigger
youtube.com/watch?v=QtTR-_Klcq8
youtube.com/watch?v=NHfY6VTRUFk
youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0
youtube.com/watch?v=qQeRu7BUEr8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>where did it start
South Bronx, 1970s
>>where did it go
commercial
>>where is it today as a culture
Wherever money is
>>what's your favorite form?
Early East Coast and Underground

Why have Black people claimed hip hop?

>History repeats itself and thats just how it goes
>Same thing that my nigga Elvis did with Rock n Roll
>Justin Timberlake, Eminem, and then Macklemore
>Look around my nigga white people have snatched the sound

>The South Bronx Hip-Hop scene emerged in the 1960s and 1970s from neighborhood block parties thrown by the Ghetto Brothers, a Puerto Rican group

Is it We Wuzing in it's simplest form?

I like the fashion part.
does it has a name?

Anyone else think there's going to be a Dada-esque change in hip hop. groups like Death Grips, and artists like Xxxtentacion seem to be pushing the genre in a new direction. Focused on being abrasive, harsh, and intentionally "bad"/fucked up/ not pleasing.
Anyone here a fan of suck groups/have any to recommend

You completely left out DJ Kool Herc, and even so that statement means that those were just the settings now the complete origin.

Street fashion or just hip hop fashion

Check out Danny Brown Atrocity Exhibition

Danny Brown is the worst shit I've ever heard. Below mumble shit and even grime.

I like murderpus gangster rap like big l and wu tang but am concerned with the psychological effects it may have had on me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigger
And you will become this:
youtube.com/watch?v=QtTR-_Klcq8

t. Went to American public school system from the late 90's to the mid 2000's, literally the worst time in history to have attended American public schools if you're a dorky skinny white kid who doesn't like black people music.

Never became a wigger in fashion sense, but listen to ghetto tales of drug deals and murders to relax because it's my favorite sort of music. Sometimes I have violent fantasies.

I think a psychiatrist might be right up your ally.

Already on it.

>hip hop
Fuck off, you passive pseud. There is literally nothing more pretentious that this absolute joke.

Can I talk about genres that were influenced by hip hop as well? Because I would love to talk about new jack swing and hip house music from the 80's and 90's.

Violent fantasies are normal. It's the inability to successfully process fantasies that's the problem.

Daily reminder that Run The Jewels are the best in the game right now.

>reddit the jewels
Yeah that's a no.

Name a better act.

Good song. You left out the 'im just playin' part.

Run the jewels are excellent, but their game is 15 years old. The current king is Kendrick. Search your feelings, you know this to be true.

You placing undue importance on your personal subjective opinion is pretty pretentious desu

It is Veeky Forums. please do

This sort of style mostly resembles to me the change over in Rock n roll to metal, starting with metalica, to death metal and such like white chapel, nonpoint, hurt, Saliva, rage against the machine.

Same way how hip hop is changing from rap to this angry rap with yelling and harshness. I think we could actually look at Eminem for the origin of that angry style of rap.

>Kendrick "Hebrew Israelite" Lamar

I wish his stupid cousin didn't brainwash him

this.

I'm still on the fence if he actually believes this nonsense or he's just trying to portay his cousin's beliefs

This, I'd actually love to hear about New Jack Swing.

>ITS LE GAME XDDDD
Fuck off
No, I'm actually just much more important and intelligent than all of you /mu/tard pseuds. Go back you actual brainlet.

>No, I'm actually just much more important and intelligent
>le ironic shitpost greentext
Doubt.jpg

were the offspring the ultimate cuckcore band?

youtube.com/watch?v=NHfY6VTRUFk

So this is the power of wiggerdom...

>like something that doesn't pertain to your race
>you're a full blown wigger

Yes, you autistic child.

except hiphop does pertain to your race because it holds it in contempt but checking your privilege probably gives you a rush or something

You argue like a 4 year old autistic child

>>where did it start
Started from the bottom now we here
Debatable where it "started" as we can see the early roots of hip hop in jazz and blues but it gained prominence in the south bronx in the early '70s
>>where did it go
Mainstream, then commercial, then south korea, then Mr. Worldwide
Where is rock today as a culture? Hip hop has diversified into many sub-genres
Early east coast

I see you haven't really bothered to listen to the album.

Better than actually being one

$uicideboys are good if you don't mind really edgy lyrics

So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street when gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me?Hypocrite!
That's the last line from one of the songs, have you actually listened to the album?

>than actually being one
I have bad news user.

Girls please you're both pretty

>I'm actually just much more important and intelligent than all of you
I'm assuming you're underage. No one over the age of 18 is this self-important about not liking a thing.

I find the Dirty South subculture to be very interesting even if their music isn't as groundbreaking as other subgenres, the early 2000s was a very interesting time for them to go mainstream

im talking about the general aesthetic of the genre. hiphop is such a huge thing that you can find pretty much any political view expressed if you look hard enough but i dont think it is controversial to say that hiphop /in general/ views whites as #corny

Fair enough

There are references to the tall israeli who controls rap in the unreleased Mos Def song called The Rape Over where he names the you know who. His name is Lyor Cohen, they took rap from the blacks and made it into what it is now.

I'm 29, stop projecting your pacification.

>29
That makes it worse.

Unironically like this song

Neat.

We need the Five Percenters back in hip hop. They provided cool gangster rap but provided a good message of overcoming the ghetto to the youth. Likewise, the lyrics of their songs were intelligently written, with multiple syllable rhymes and allusions to important historical characters and events. In their wake, fucking southern crunk shit dominated the genre and now we have fags in skinny jeans mumbling on autotune about worthless shit.

>fucking southern crunk shit
What's it like in 2004?

>reading comprehension

Well obviously... Jews control entertainment

Yea but the extent of it is quite messed up, and the pushing of certain leftist agenda driven culture is evident, early rap was full of bitches, hos, gats and denouncing faggot ass rappers, now it has become the norm along with crossdressing like young thug or wearing skirts like kanye, gotta hand it to the jews, they really know how to control people, or rather how to entice people with money and fame, which are just hollow in the end.

I used to love rap...but the conspiracies and manipulations, BIG and Pac being killed along with Big Pun Big L and ODB passing Raps soul was hollowed out.

>Pac
Tupac affiliate and member of Outlawz Yaki Kadafi was in a car behind Tupac's car on the night of his death. Kadafi noted that he could plainly see the face of the shooter and could identify him. Yaki Kadafi was shot outside of his apartment building in NJ 2 months later...

>wiggers telling people to die
Typical violent thug.
None of that is 'intelligent writing'. It's undergrad pseud writing.

>>where did it start
1973 the bronx, dj kool herc
>>where did it go
nearly all of modern music
very accepting
whatever mobb deep was doing in the mid to late 90's

>whatever mobb deep was doing in the mid to late 90's
ha
hahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
Fuck that's funny

Its messed up right, he knew who shot tupac...

>whatever mobb deep was doing in the mid to late 90's
not picking gfunk

Hip-hop sucked until Grandmaster Flash came along, was alright in the middle of the '80s and didn't become truly great until Eric B. & Rakim raised production and lyricism to art forms.

Listening to Backspin, I'm honestly surprised they still play the original version of Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down with the really out there homophobia and not just calling someone a fag but straight up "I don't like faggots" shit.

There's a conspiracy theory actually that goes that gangster rap was pushed by (((them))) in partnership with the private prison industry in order to turn blacks into thugs and funnel them into the prisons so the record labels and prisons make shitloads of money.

>None of that is 'intelligent writing'
Write something more intelligent given the same syllable constraints.

Both can be true; an octopus has more than one tentacle.

Did Illmatic really historically change hip hop?

>So fuck (((Jerry Heller))) and them (((white))) superpowers.

NWA were always at the cusp of realizing who was ripping them off but they were trapped by the blacks vs whites spook.

Pls, cool it with the tin-foil, why is it strange that someone involved in gang violence gets killed? That Kadafi guy had two months to spread the word about who killed Tupac, not two minutes. Are that conditioned to look for conspiracies in everything?

>cause you let a jew break up my crew
Ice cube said it best in No Vaseline, that shit was one of the best disses. Up there with Ether and Hitemup I reckon.

Its isnt me though mate, its the rappers themselves, go listen to The Rape Over by Mos Def, he spells out who controls the rap game, combine this with the demoraliztion of blacks and the golden handcuffs most black celebrities wear and you will understand this isnt tinfoil, it is legit reenslaving of blackies in america.

I guess history is meant to repeat itself, but with phatter beats that get worse overtime.

No it's not re-enslaving blacks, it's about milking the cash cow. Of course the most lucrative music genre today would be run by someone who wants to make money out of it.

Why are most of those who want to make a lot of money and push agenda jewish?

Because you want them to be. You are blinded by hate for some reason and see a conspiracy at every corner. The only agenda people in music industry have is 'how to make more money'.

>The only agenda people in music industry have is 'how to make more money'.
Have you ever heard of MK-Ultra?

No, I haven't. Why the question though, if it''s relevant, and contradicts what I said, why not just say it?

Mass media is used for social conditioning just as much as it is for profit.

That's just like your opinion man.

>You are blinded by hate for some reason and see a conspiracy at every corner.

But I am not, I dont hate jews, there is no point in hating a whole group, but I can hate members of the whole, no person can be so avarice as to expect not to be hated, even if you think so that is reason alone to hate anyone, that's just human nature.

>Because you want them to be.
Sounds like an excuse for you to label others who dont agree with your 'truthful' world view.
Then why are they so involved in politics and consensus manufacturing?

Its a pretty well researched and backed opinion as opposed to your banal disregard to the statement based purely on personal vapidity.

It is also the opinion of Edward Bernays and E. Michael Jones both of whom express it far more articulately than I ever could. The audio in this video is from Jones' "Libido Dominandi" and is worth listening to:

youtube.com/watch?v=aWM4bJNpch0

> I dont hate jews, there is no point in hating a whole group, but I can hate members of the whole
And yet you didn't call out 'members of the whole' and asked 'why are all of them jews'.
>Sounds like an excuse for you to label others who dont agree with your 'truthful' world view.
Pot calling the kettle black
>Then why are they so involved in politics and consensus manufacturing?
Who is

>Its a pretty well researched and backed opinion as opposed to your banal disregard to the statement based purely on personal vapidity.
Then I guess you can share the sources and the research that's been made on here, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=qQeRu7BUEr8

What? That's your research?

It is indisputable that mass media is controlled by a relatively few people and that those few exert a tremendous influence on popular culture.

And? Are you going to say that all 1%-ers in the world are Jewish?

>'why are all of them jews'.
yes, why are all the record producers and manager all jewish? I never said all jews were doing this, only that jews have a monopoly on those aforementioned jobs.
>Pot calling the kettle black
So you agree your point is redundant since you are the kettle.

>Who is
referring to
The people in music industry are not just there to make money but to push agenda.

I'm saying those people use their control over the media to promote a cultural narrative.

>nearly all of modern music
Wrong, modern music long predates this noise.
It still does suck and always will. The production is fucking awful and the 'lyricism' is a joke.

Just listen to house you fucking pseud.
For what, dickwaving? Sorry, I'm not an overly-proud and 'hypermasculine' young black male.

Not all of them are jewish. You're making an assumption based on your dislike of mainstream music genres

So the narrative is consistent over the decades? Bing Crosby falls in that narrative, Hank Williams, Carl Perkins, Buddy Hollly, Grateful Dead, also do.

Oh look, a list of hack musicians!

Good night

Don't wake up, hacklord.

As pointed out in this post:

There has been significant media consolidation recently so previous generations are not analogous to what we are currently experiencing.

>assumption based on your dislike of mainstream music genres
Are you fucking kidding me I LOVE early 90s rap, hate the shit it has become now.

That's mainstream, idiot.

If you don't believe me, Levis almost went bankrupt because they couldn't make jeans that appeal to 'HERRD THUGZ'.

I'll try to sum it up as quickly as possible, as there are plenty of things people don't really mention when talking about new jack swing, it might take a while though.

With the exception of early acts like Teena Marie, New Edition, and Whodini, the act of combining R&B/Soul music with the newer sound of hip hop was deemed as absurd. It didn't help that many R&B fans deemed hip hop as ghetto trash early on, built on nothing but sampling R&B/disco/funk records or being produced electronically (hypocritical, as most popular music including funk and R&B in the 1980's was made either partially or completely electronically) and by most of America it was deemed a fad, while hip hop fans thought R&B was too soft and somewhat effeminate, and that it was mostly geared towards older people.

During the mid 1980's, hip hop producers started to change their production a little bit, and experimented with a concept from the swing jazz era by using swingbeats in their music, like Mantronix's Bassline and Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick's The Show (which was produced by Teddy Riley when he was 17, we'll get back to him later). Around this time, former members of Prince's backup band named Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis started to use swingbeat hip hop influenced production along with hints of industrial music to help create Janet Jackson's Control, an album that effectively restarted her career as a singer, particularly the song "Nasty". This, along with The Show, were some of the earliest examples of what eventually became a new fusion genre of music: New Jack Swing.

1/3

No the fuck we don't, their belief system is retarded. This is coming from someone who LOVES Rakim and Big Daddy Kane, two of the most mainstream Diver Percenters. If anything, we need a more atheistic wave in hip hop, which I can honestly see coming around the corner, or at least something that doesn't have extremely out there beliefs like "Yakub created white people from grafting them and mixing their DNA with gorillas".

I will say this: their bean pies are delicious and I do appreciate them trying to fix up the community, even though I disagree with their ideology.

>What is cLOUDDEAD