Lost Peoples/Uncommon Ethnic groups

Do you guys know of any good resources for seeing how lost populations of people looked in the past? Books or good reconstructive/concept artists? Like how Phoenicians/Bronze age Celts/other Chinese ethnic groups looked? Or even rare ethnic groups today.

Post them here, I'll post some from Atelier Daynes which are pretty good (and some other random ones I have collected)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_I-M170
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you read "nutrition and physical degeneration"? Might not apply to "lost" ethnicities, but it shows how early modern diets have profoundly distorted the normal bone structure of global populations.

HOMO SLAVIETICUS

Interesting. Tell me more about this.

I'll check it out, thanks

pic related

Bump this is great

>Phoenicians/
like lebanese
>Bronze age Celts/
like ginger whites
>other Chinese ethnic groups looked?
depends
either like the tanned modern version or the pale modern chinese version

those aren't that ancient

woman you posted looks pretty white to me
wouldn't think twice if i saw someone on the street, though i guess if every single person in the population had the ayy lmao look in the OP i'd notice it

so my question is, why post the pictures when they look pretty much the same
id fuck tut in a drag and im not the first to say that

It's one of my favorites. The gist is that the modern "dolichocephalic" European physiognomy, or at least what was considered ideal at the time, can really be accounted for by a history of alcohol and refined sugar adaptation, softening and thinning the mandible. Prehistoric Europeans wouldn't have been much different than modern Mongolians or Finns, with huge as fuck cheekbones and broad, stout faces, like the woman in the OP.

>we wuz khans an shit

>so my question is, why post the pictures when they look pretty much the same
most people look similar user, we are the same species after all. It's the slight differences that make it interesting, like "they could fit in today but slightly off".

By ancient I don't mean homo habilis or anything

interesting, I found this.

I have always equated longer heads/dolichocephalic to farmers in my head haha.

I also think the mandible softening has to do with a higher meat consumption the past few thousand years, leading to jaw thinning (not needing the wisdom teeth/large molars for plant-based diet, therefore thinner jaw)

the"farmer" phenotype in my head

pic rel typical western slavic phenotype

Why do sikhs always look so cool?

Since we're speaking about phenotypes?
Among which population/races is cleft chin the most common?

Where does it come from?

4th century BC Iberian

Lmao looks like a black Ron Prelman

'Young man of Byrsa', a Phoenician man from 2,500 years ago

Damn, looks like an ultra Jew

What's the difference between a Semite and a Hamite?

different branches of the Afro-Asiatic language tree

Ainus, Japan's indigenous people, one of the most unusual looking ethnic groups, characterized by light colored skin, epicanthic folds, curly hair and very thick facial and body hair.

They live!

literal Abos

>Damn, looks like an ultra Jew
well, what do you think Phoenicians were?

Subtle details like that are minor traits that aren't ethnicity exclusive, I think.

Like how the opposite of the Jew-nose, the "Roman" nose, is as common among Pakis as it is English people.

the original homo s. iberians I guess

Blemmyes.

THAT (((((((((((((NOSE)))))))))))

here you have another pic

I NEED to have those lips around my _____

I can easily imagine Bosnians as being resemblant of Paleolithic Europeans, beadier eyed, darker skin from exposure to the elements but judging from reconstructions neolithic Europeans also match those characteristics.

why does he look chink
he looks like a guy you can find in central asia, where you have the light eyed chinks

bbc. com/news/science-environment-25885519
>Two hunter-gatherer skeletons were discovered in a cave in the mountains of north-west Spain in 2006.
>The cool, dark conditions meant the remains (called La Brana 1 and 2) were remarkably well preserved. Scientists were able to extract DNA from a tooth of one of the ancient men and sequence his genome.
>The team found that the early European was most closely genetically related to people in Sweden and Finland.
>But while his eyes were blue, his genes reveal that his hair was black or brown and his skin was dark.

dark elves

What am i looking at here, exactly?

Ossetians are actually an Iranic people

Tocharian woman from Western China.

Were Paleolithic Europeans as tall as Bosniaks?

Cranium != maxilla and mandible

Australian Aboriginals before they abandoned their traditional diet.
After they started eating Western food, their teeth got really fucked up.

he;s showing off his colgate smile

Fuuuuk, imagine an olive skinned qt with afro braids and dem Egypt eyeliner eyes in real life, fuuuuuuuuukk

>olive skinned
>qt
Pick one

Dolichocephaly has nothing to do with mandibles faggot

Doesn't look very abbo? Wtf. Looks more West African in top right than any Abbo

>Celts
>ginger
If anything the original Celts were shitskins.

You do realize that what you call Bosniaks are actually Slavs that converted to Islam? That is the only characteristic that differentiates them from Serbs and Croats from the same area.

There are no real Slavs in the Balkans, just natives who got slavicized.

Well, sure, south slavs today and the slavs who settled in the region 1000 odd years ago aren't alike, but I would add they/we got Turkicized afterwards too, but in general yes.

Do we have any idea what the Guanche people actually looked like? I heard they were related to Berbers but (and I'm not sure if this is true or if its just a /pol/tier meme) that they were blondish with green/blue eyes and pretty much cave people

>south slavs today and the slavs who settled in the region 1000 odd years ago
I think he meant that South Slavs are mainly native paleolithic people

I don't know what he meant or didn't mean, but people living in Bosnia, or anywhere around the Balkans today while probably nor "purely" Slavs are definitely not native paleolithic people.

i imagine olive skinned qts often

None of them have curly hair.

They are not Abos at all what are you talking about they are clearly Pacific Islanders, they look completely different to abos.

I guess I am going by the high presence of haplogroup I2 in Herzegovinians.

The haplogroup reaches its maximum frequency in the Balkans (with the highest concentration in present-day Herzegovina). It may be associated with unusually tall males, since those in the Dinaric Alps have been reported to be the tallest in the world, with an average male height of the range 180 cm (5 ft 11 in)-182 cm (6 ft 0 in) in the cantons of Bosnia, 184 cm (6 ft 0 in) in Sarajevo, 182 cm (6 ft 0 in)-186 cm (6 ft 1 in) in the cantons of Herzegovina.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_I-M170

>mongoloids
>turks

Bumping for interest

He looks like I just demanded a ridiculously low price on his dates

>tfw there are no more Guanches
Most descriptions liken them to Berbers, but with lighter hair and eyes

She looks just like Lauren Southern before she became self hating and dyed her hair pretending to be a blonde bimbo.

Nuristani

Herzegovinians =/= Bosniaks

I am nitpicking here a bit, Bosniaks are a made up ethnicity and they are literally just people who lived in Bosnia and converted to Islam. Herzegovina is a region where Serbs, Croats, and Muslims/Bosniaks live and they all look like on that pic related.

Why did the Spaniard BTFO them so fucking hard? We barely know anything about them

Big, but neatly-styled beard, fancy turban, nice clothes.

Was the i haplogroup more than likely the original inhabitants of europe before the PIE (R1) group migrated in?

Kind of looks like Danny Avadan

Yep. It is present among some Basques also.

iirc he was from the Iberian peninsula, so not really Phoenician.

kek

l1, G, C, l2 in some places

Well yes and no. Some islands were filled with blondes and others not. In all honesty that blondeness is not hereditary and likely just comes from the use of lime.

That's a Tiwi Islander. I've had the books since I was 14 and have been posting pictures on here for about 6 years.

Q3 masterrace

Dolich euros unironically look better than any "healthy" native though

Same thing happened there tho, abos and a lot of islanders had amazing white healthy teeth without brushin them often or using any products except herbs. They started eating western food with all the shit in it and their teeth began to rival those of the english.
tl:dr sugar and processed foods are shit for your body, more news at eleven.

The Kalash. In that one autosomal map someone should post, the Kalash appear as an isolate for k=6, with the other 5 clusters being negroid, caucasoid, east asian, australoid and native american. Basically they're the last couple thousand people from a lost race.

Snow nigger detected

Original Celts looked like Iberians or vaguely like northern Spaniards. Imagine Russell Brand but a little bit paler and maybe brown haired.

Is M417 (R1a1a1) white

The whitest.

Does anyone know where M377 would be

tatars literally are Turkic, not mongoloid

Looks like the kind of guy who could smell how much change you have in your pocket.

>dark skin
>dark eyes
>dark hair

master race

pics related

Homo Cheekius Breekius