Were his actions justified?

Were his actions justified?

Sacrificing a few kikes for the well being of his countrymen? Definitly.

Yes, he was a great man and a war hero.

Yeah

Did he have a choice?

I suppose he could have run off to Afrique with De Gualle.

...but then some other sucker would have had to do what he did anyway.

Sure, less jews in France thanks to him

>lose 10% of country
>all hope is gone, better start learning Erika

>lose 10% of country where 90% of the army is
> lets stop the german from going in south of france with our baguettes

why the french civilians did nothing to put a halt to the blitzkrieg uh?

by your logic UdSSR should have collapsed by December 41

The victory of Germany over France didn't have the same outcomes as it would in the Soviet Union if they had capitulated.

Lot of military manpower in the non-invaded russia, unlike france

Try again

The USSR retreated on a territory 4 times the size of France before being able to stop the German advance

He did good in WWI, and in WWII he saved his country and countrymen from more damage than neccessary.surely he could have fought on, but that would just have eant that more of french blood would be spilled over a more destroyed country.

literally did nothing wrong

They were justified,but I believe he could have defeated us "Krauts",we know that most German casualties were inflicted in the second half of Fall Gelb,as the Allied troops were getting more aware of what the German Divisions were actually doing.

I would have liked him more if he would have aided Hitler in the Mediteranean Campaigns,but he did his best to save his countrymen,especially during WW1.

Because of him, we're seen as cowards

fuck you, Philippe...!

idk what'd he do?

some yes , other no . But it is a ww1 hero and act the way he think was better for the country in some way. He should be respected .

honnestly , you are wrong , his policie help a lot of jew to escape death . It is not for nothing that we have the lower percentage of jewish casualtie.

>mfw seeing all the collaborationist scalawags in this thread

>he doesn't realize we're pan-Europeans

wew

He takes territory I want in hoi4 so yes

More like sacrificing the well being of his country to off a few kikes.

He was a traitor and quisling but considering the high amount of casualties French suffered during WW1 his actions are at least somewhat understandable.

Yes, he had no choice. But his "state" was ridiculously awful. Even nowadays in the gay France, Vichy is portrayed as the evil nazi dog (which it was) but Pétain is somehow spared.

Nice quads but wasn't Pétain to be executed but they decided on life imprisionment, doesn't seem like he was spared.