Ask for a credible source to back some argument/assertion

>ask for a credible source to back some argument/assertion
>wikipedia article
Why do people do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_hoaxes_on_Wikipedia/Baldock_Beer_Disaster
youtube.com/user/stefbot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's a good source
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

If you're a bitch boy about Wikiped, then just go to the sources Wikipedia lists in their articles.

10/10

The absolute state of his

Meta as fuck

OP BTFO

Why should we spend twenty minutes searching scholarly databases for free pdfs that support our points when the people we're arguing against almost never have the rigor needed to read the articles we post? It's quicker and easier just to find online articles and Wikipedia.

Better than your personal blog where you try to rewrite history you nasty revisionist.

BBC is already doing that though. Revisionism is mainstream

Because they don't care or don't have a proper source otherwise.

Would you kindly show me?

Why must you request evidence

favorite fake Wikipedia article? one of my favs is the "Baldock Beer disaster"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_hoaxes_on_Wikipedia/Baldock_Beer_Disaster
>"Although the beer disaster did have its plus side. Due to great number of beer barrels rolling along the steets and careering into old coaching inns, people collected these and opened there own public houses. One of the most famous Public Houses that used the resources from the disaster was The White Lion. However, many lives were taken and it would not do to be flippant about the matter."

>WIKIPEDIA ISN'T RELIABLE!!!!!

Is it 2005 again?

>ask someone for source
>lol just google it user
why do people think this is ok?

>When discussing history, please reference credible source material, and provide as much supporting information as possible in your posts.

Wikipedia is credible, unless you're litterally an old man who hasn't caught up with the last decade.

Because when someone asks me to give them a source 99% of the time I'm googling my own fucking post and giving them the first result. It's very annoying that some anons are so dumb that they will take the time to type out a response and wait for me to reply to them when they could find my source and write me a real response instead of trying to waste my time.

Learn 2 debate faggot.

but every second you spend on this board is a wasted second

Could you give me a good source?

youtube.com/user/stefbot

Haha el perro caga

Wikipedia generally has a lot of information and is reliable most of the time, many academic papers are not public.

Wikipedia is okay, but what not just use their sources directly?