Trezor vs ledger nano s

Which hardware wallet would you recommend trezor or ledger nano s

I use the nano and love it

I can't fit a trezor up my asshole. Makes it unusable pretty much.

Write the wallet seed down on a piece of paper and keep it in a drawer.

Trezor got hacked so i choose ledger.

Ledger got hacked too retard. It's better to bet on a device that has already been hacked and fixed rather than a device that has never been breached.

this, all these hds esp ones in op look shady af, whats stopping someone from preloading scripts on those devices

That is not how it works. I can't believe that actually makes sense in your head.

Literally all known hardware wallets have been hacked/breached/snooped either physically or through software. If you think someone makes V1.0 and it's perfect you're so retarded it's actually hard to put into words.

speak for yourself big boy

How has the ledger been "hacked"?

this
stop paying the jews for some fancy usb sticks

I have no idea what I'm talking about, the post.

power supply snooping, requires opening it up for access to the power rails and a logic analyzer. They updated the firmware and it's fixed now though.

IIRC that was a Trezor exploit. I looked all over for a Ledger specific writeup and couldn't find any.

Link/Source?

ofc ledger. why do you even ask ?

I prefer the ledger. I've heard good things about their support and apparently they're more secure than Trezor...keepkey I know little about but I've heard their support is not as good

I'm not sure what the difference is between keeping coins on a private key that you just have written down though, aside from it being more convenient to move your coins than manually typing in the private key each time. Anyone care to weigh in?

I want a Nano S, but I think I will wait for a Nano Blue come Christmas time.

You don't need a cold wallet and can use your ledger on insecure/infected computers

convenience pretty much. I suppose there's another vague layer of security that in a paper wallet your keys are sitting right there on the slip while something like a trezor using a mnemonic could allow you to memorize it and keep the only route to your coin in your head. Granted you could do that with any HD wallet but it's just another pro stacked on top of a HW's other features.

If you wanted to, you could memorize a 24 word mnemonic for a paper wallet to and recover into electrum or other bip39 wallets.

Like said above, the only benefit from a hardware wallet is that you can transact from an insecure computer if you needed too. If you wanted to transact with a paper wallet and loaded your seed into an infected computer, then you're fucked. Also, I guess the hardware wallet more easily handles forks like BCC.

This

If you know where serach you can find scripts to generate your own private keys

Stupid normies, you can buy more btc if you dont pay for that bs

Because the keys never leave the device, unlike when you type it in and any shitty malware steals it easily.

Literally none have been hacked