Dropped out of high school

>Dropped out of high school
>My knowledge of history is almost exclusively from Veeky Forums
>I can keep up with normies and know more than them when discussing the 19th century and onwards
Has Veeky Forums helped anyone else?
Also are there any subjects you're wanting to expand knowledge on? I want to learn more about Rome and the Bronze Age.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fmO-ziHU_D8
youtu.be/UQfRdl3GTw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>He thinks school teaches you things
I dropped out and passed the GED test with flying colors after having to have gone to summer school every year since middle school. I was introduced to a lot of topics through wiki before Veeky Forums even existed.

>interacting with normies

>american education

Lol keep sending us your experts.

whered you fly to? bubbas organ harvest?

youtube.com/watch?v=fmO-ziHU_D8

fabled american scholars

>Australian
>only history taught in public schools is Australian and boong dreamtime shit
>only Australian literature read in school
>immediately know more about history than 90% of the people in the country by reading one paragraph about anything in history on Wikipedia
>know more about literature by reading the first page of literally any classic
My younger brother is in high school right now and it hasn't improved one bit since I left. I have two nieces and I can't even imagine what they're going to be taught when they get there.
If you have kids put in the effort and teach them yourself or put them into a good private school.

>Give me some chips cunt
>*Sucker punches you before you can reply*
>*Starts raping you
>MOI LAND

I flew with colors that don't run.

Private schools are probably struggling to keep up as well and atm relying on their prestige more than anything. I think everything beyond basic math and literacy is a warmup for greater things and one would probably find oneself going over the basics again when taking a specialized course.

>Australian literature
that YA novel about chinks invading Australia?

history is for retards, so who cares
You are a normie
The GED is for literal retards.

Highschool diplomas are for normietards. Enjoy your college debt.

>debt
Nope
>college
I'm not a tradescuck

t. useless studies cuck

>I dropped out and passed the GED test with flying colors after having to have gone to summer school every year since middle school
>dropped out of one school for another and managed to pass >american education standards
do you think this is impressive

It just goes to show school is really a meme.

school isn't a meme dingus, anyone who knows about public schooling institutions has known for a long time that a large part of education happens outside of a school curriculum
public school is really just an institution to receive a general idea of your ability in certain subjects and fields, and to accredit you as being above a neanderthal in intelligence
that doesn't mean it's useless, it's a pretty important institution for guiding people into academia

>It's pretty much an important institution for housing children during the daytime and robbing you of your shekels
ftfy

Now if your talking about socialized education barring what the degree of competency in countries with it may or may not be, you may have something. Also a lot of information can be attained online and there's a growing increase in online courses.

>>It's pretty much an important institution for housing children during the daytime and robbing you of your shekels
my school wasn't much like that, it offered a fuckton of trades opportunities with certification that led directly to apprenticeship programs
most of my friends are either in or have graduated post-secondary programs
my country in general has the highest level of tertiary school graduates in general, so I may be a bit biased but the amount of kids who just floated through school and didn't give a shit was pretty damn small
i guess it all depends on your cunt's public school environment, i can see your case fitting most developing nations

you are everything wrong with this place.

The US's public education system can be unequal in it's investment of funds. Schools in lower income areas get the short end of the stick while attention is focused on more productive schools in wealthier middle class areas. Districts also appear to be divided officially on geographic lines but in practice it seems to be more along income.
While all this is going on superintendents and school administrations and employees clamor for more government support. GEDs and scholarship are like a crutch for this.
Standards can be more unforgiving in other countries but it doesn't amount to much when they have to emigrate to find a job.

>Duh-ropp-uhd out of hi skool
>My noo-lidguh of his story is almost X-klusivuhlie from /pol/
>all ways show those n-normies how smurt i am

Thats you right now.

Inflated ego.png is a perfect filename for that meme.

>I can keep up with normies and know more than them when discussing the 19th century and onwards
This is impressive?

All this butthurt over one post.

Her balls are so cute.

You're not wrong, but you're just as pedantic.

This is not impressive.

When I was 7 years old I had read the entire Age of Empires Rise of Rome manuals and help files detailing the history of every major civilization. From then I moved at 10 to a huge tome my mom owned "Western Civilizations: Their History and Culture Vol. I and II".

I could name Egypt's dynasties, wars, basic history, religion and government forms of Ancient Greece, Persia, the Hittites, Sumeria, Babylon, Assyria, Phoenicia, Minoan Crete, key Roman Emperors and their wars, the Palmyrene Empire, Carthage, the Shang Dynasty, the Choson and the Yamato. I could also name the time period on which each of these civilizations existed.

By the time I was 13 I had moved on from Ancient History. I knew about the fall of Rome, the Middle Ages, the Cruzades, the 100 years war, the Rennaissance, Da Vinci's main inventions, the discovery of the Americas, colonialism, WW1 and WW2 and the Cold War as well as Argentine history, where I'm from.

I knew Thermopilae, Zama, Chalons, Tours, Poitiers, Agincourt, Manzikert, Vienna.

I'm pretty sure at 13 I knew more history than my teacher, let alone most normies.
Wikipedia did not even exist back then. (I'm 30)

How bout' virginity losing age. Art thou a wizard?

*The Crusades, my bad

Another game that got me into Ancient History was Pharaoh, from Sierra. Obviously from there I moved on from books, what you can learn from a game help file and the manual annex is very limited, but it did spark that drive.

Great game.

Nope, I lost my virginity at 17.

I never talk about history with normies.
You learn to hide your knowledge because it puts people off. I didn't even participate in history class.

I'm knowledgeable but not a social autist. I'ma nerd that learned to hide it.

You should start preaching to plebs. Make the world a more informed place.

If you do that they resent you for knowing more than them. People are strange, bitter, insecure creatures.

It's better for your social life to act like the "normies" and settle for dropping the occassional bit of knowledge every now and then if the conversation calls for it. That way you end up looking "smart" without looking "pedantic".

Just like the allegory of the cave.
youtu.be/UQfRdl3GTw4

In the end it says “It is the task of the enlightened not only to ascend to learning and to see the good but to be willing to descend again to those prisoners and to share their troubles and their honors, whether they are worth having or not. And this they must do, even with the prospect of death.” Looking at a full translation don't know how much of a condensation and interpolation this may be though.

Exactly. Your analogy is perfect.

Too much knowledge all of a sudden can "dazzle" someone and put them off. They might think you are trying to show off, or humilliate them, or maybe they simply might feel threatened because of some underlying insecurity. I usually keep my contributions to one liners if the subject comes up and it's pertinent to the conversation, and expand a little more if someone asks me about it.

Modesty is also an important aspect of maturity - Humilitas - One of the 7 Heavenly Virtues according to Prudentius.

There is much I yet do not know. For example, my knowledge of pre-1700s Indian history is very lacking. I have also learned some historical nugget from my normie friends occasionally, so it's not entirely a one-way street.

> tell gf about stuff I read on Veeky Forums

>she thinks I'm smart and knowledgeable

>she's left wing and anti racist, I'm right wing racist

>i show her pictures of nazis

>she admits the Schutzstaffel looked cool

>slowly she admits that racists and nationalists make a lot of sense

Muahaha

fucking kek