>ask him to name three wars besides WWII France lost
>he can't
>neither can I

Napoleonic Wars, Franco-Prussian War, and, demographically, WWI

>when Amerimutt lectures you about your country

>Napoleonic Wars
>win 5 out of 7 coalitions
>still lose

Yeah, that's generally how things go. You win until the other guy gives up or you lose.

Napoleon surrendered twice and he's the #1 frog.
Napoleon III got absolutely buttfucked by the Prussians and I believe he sirrendered too.

>French & Indian war
>Napoleonic wars
>Franco-Prussian war

100 years war

BUGS....!!

wtf

The French Revolution

ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaanges
turn and face the strange
ch-ch-changes

7 years war
Franco prussian war
Revolutionary war????

Lul

Most famous ones besides WW2 pretty much

Napoleons plans also failed

Not fair. We all lost that.

>Hurr durr Carthage won against Rome because Hannibal won 3 battles

England isn't white because it's full of Anglos.

lindy pls go

>can't name the Franco Prussian war of the top of your head

kys

That was actually the only one I knew besides WWII you fucking dip

Haitian revolution :-)

Sure their military was driven out, but on the other hand, they don't have to run Haiti.

So who was the real winner?

7 years. Franco-Prussia, Mexican interventions, Naples, WWII, Vietnman, ALgiers....

Vietnam, Algeria, franco-prussian.
Fucking kids repeating memes instead of studying.

so can someone explain this meme to me pls?

1812 Russo-French War, Haitian Revolution, War of the Sixth Coalition, War of the Seventh Coalition, Franco-Prussian War, Franco-Mexican War, First Indochina War, Algerian War.

Just for its modern incarnation.

Oh dear.

The french get shit for surrendering because they dropped the fucking ball when the world needed them the most

clip from the cartoon Loony Tunes, the character is a rabbit named Bugs Bunny

yes, indeed

vietnam
algeria
prussia

>be an american
>be inna army stationed in europe
>work with french troops
>learn of them slapping shit in africa, combating terrorism, etc.
>out of army, still see the french representing the only stronghold attempting to combat terrorism
>understand that they are a people that seem to be governed by their government, much like my own, and that the average frenchman and french soldier are extremely decent, if standoffish people by american standards
>now in university
>still have to hear "surrender monkey" accompanied by chortling laughter while I am somehow supposed to be amused by this infantile joke
>feel like idiocracy every day when I bring up anything before or after DUBYA DUBYA TOO and get met with blank stares the likes of which I have not seen since a child when I moved cattle

i know so what is the meme

what does it mean?

South East Asia
Mexico
War of Spanish succession
The French have a vast and rich history

>mfw there are more republics than monarchies
France won the long game

indochina war, algeria war, franco-prussian war, intervention in mexico, napoleonic wars, seven years war,

Vietnam, Algeria, Haiti

The French-and-Indian War and the Franco-Prussian War were two theater of the same conflict.

Holy shit wait nevermind I confused the Franco-Prussian War with the Seven years War (which the French also lost).

War the USA lost :
>1812
>Korean war
>Vietnam

>korea
We fulfilled our initial wargoal of preserving the south, that we didn't get to accomplish the tacked-on stuff is of little consequence.

Gallic wars

>1812
a white peace is not a loss, its a ceasing of hostilities without either side giving anything up, the main reasons for the war of 1812 had resolved themselves after Napoleon's defeat and neither side saw the realistic possibility of winning a major victory so there was a mutual decision to stop the fighting.
>korea
ditto

additionally it was an armistice, technically the war never even ended

bugs...easy on the newfaggotry

>We fulfilled our initial wargoal of preserving the south
Yeah, that was the initial wargoal...until the Americans decided it was the right time to unify Korea and were defeated by the Chinese.
>a white peace is not a loss, its a ceasing of hostilities without either side giving anything up
Yeah, but when you start a war intending to conquer new territories and end up with a white peace, it means you lost.

The USA achieved their goal in Korea, protecting the South so they won it moron.

>Y-yeah, we were not defeated by the chinese, it's not like we tried to conquer North Korea or anything.

Italian Wars

>losing a war "demographically"

France also lost Vietnam

>Seven Years' War
>Coalition Wars
>Franco-German War
that was hard...

Haiti was the fucking pearl of the caribbean.

T.Lindy

>1812
>Go home, Britain, and never come back
>Losing

Vietnam and Korea weren't defeats, they were withdrawals. There is a difference. 1812 wasn't even a victory on any side

Unification of the peninsula was never an official goal. Korea was a victory

Napoleon
Vietnam

>1812 wasn't even a victory on any side

Franco-Prussian war, Seven Years' War, Napoleonic Wars, War of the League of Augsburg, War of the Spanish Succession

Also, hilariously, the Siamese revolution. They lost a war to some overseas asians in the 17th century. fucking frogs can't even colonize properly, lel

Only americans are this ridiculous. The UN forces invaded north korea, were defeated when the Chinese came and forced to retreat. It's a defeat, it's seen as such in China.

Like how Russia/the Czar (same thing) lost WWI politically. On the winning side, the Germans were the ones who straight up lost, but you can't say they flat-out won the war.

And how's the US and el Puerto Rico? Or the USSR and Cuba?

The Caribbean became useless the same time there stopped being Incan gold mines.

>War the USA lost
>war on drugs
>war on terror
>war on not being accused of rape when you look at a girl

Forgive my ignorance, but didn't the English technically win since they took the crown, even if it was only for a brief amount of time? (I'm not pro-English)

T.newfag

>:(

And the Nazis didn't lose WW2, they merely withdraw from public.

They didn't "take the crown". They crowned a child in the wrong church and weren't able to control his domain in France. And the war wasn't finished at that, at the end they lost all their mainland territory except Calais.

They took their sweet time losing Calais tho. But they lost it like they lost everything of value they ever had.

Also, the Seven Years war and the Great italian wars. If you count as defeats the loss of territories you could add the independence of the hispanic march, the de facto independence of burgundy in arras and half of the Hundred years war. But this is common for every state in the world more than 400 years old. Except San Marino. That shithole didn't lost a single battle in 2000 years

French and Indian War (7 Years)
War of Spanish Succession
Franco-Prussian War

France did win the spanish succession, but Spain had to make a lot of concessions to achieve that victory

Why do you think France took Haiti from Spain in the first place?

>It's a defeat, it's seen as such in China.
t. Liang Mang Ching

If you follow China's logic, they saw, by that time, The Great Leap Forward as a good idea

>neither can I
Learn more history then

>Except San Marino. That shithole didn't lost a single battle in 2000 years

What was their secret?

French intervention in Mexico

Franco-Prussian war of 1870

War of the 6th Coalition and war of the 7th coalition.

Wars of the Coalition
Seven Years W ar
Nine Years War
Franco - Prussian War

Vietnam?

Sixth Coalition
Seventh Coalition
Franco-Prussian
Franco-Korean
Indochina
Algeria

>1812
That war ended with the status quo going back to the way it was. Nobody won.

>Korea
That is still going on and is currently at an armistice.

>Vietnam
United States got its treaty and won. After it left, several years later North Vietnam went back on the treaty and took over South Vietnam. To be even more fair, Vietnam is not an official war of the United States as Congress never declared war.

It is more of a armed conflict by law.

The United States has never lost war. But it has lost some battles.

France actually won WWII. Their country was liberated and they went on to fight alongside the Allies during the Invasion of Germany

But that also means that Vichy France lost.

Korea and Nam aren't wars. There are no wars after WWE, just bullshit skirmishes. A war is where you do everything possible to kill and wipe out your enemy but with Ur clear restrictions, war is dead

Yeah. They didn't. What's your point

Why are people retarded? The War of 1812 ended in a white peace, Korea is still an on-going war that is an armistice, and Vietnam is not an official war by the United States and it withdrew its assisting forces after the Paris Peace Accord.

How is any of this fucking losing?

>Korea is still an on-going war
Are you retarded

>v-vietnam wasn't legally a war, t-that means it wasn't a war at all, it was just hundreds of thousands of armed men trying to kill each other! y-yeah that's not a war and that means we didn't l-lose heheh

>this is what amerigoblins actually believe

Franco-Prussian war, war of the sixth coalition, war of the seventh coalition. War of the Spanish succesion, Seven years war. Yeah it's still a meme and France dominated europe for two centuries, but I expect more from the average Veeky Forumstorian.

The franco prussian war was in 1870 and the french and indian war were in the 1700's

>thank god they don't have to own the most profitable colony in the entire Americas anymore!
protip Haiti wasnt always a shithole

There are plenty but WWII is not one of them, at the end of the fights they won.

vichy france isn't a real country don't kid yourself

They were liberated. Would you say countries like the Philippines won because they were liberated from the Japs?

absolutely

Hannibal never openly lost any actual battle in the 18 years he was campaigning in Italy ignoring any failed sieges.

>War on Drugs
Wrong
>War on Terror
Wrong
>muh rape culture
Wrong

>Dien
>Bien
>Phu

They didn't have a single battle in 2000 years.

Yes. Russia was occupied then liberated too.