Yeah bro, WWII is like super cool!

>yeah bro, WWII is like super cool!

I bet OP gets all the bitches with a smile like that

Seriously, why does it dominate historical discussion so often? I get that it was instrumental in laying the groundwork for the world we live in today but there's more to history than the 1940s. Was it unironic autism?

Won't you share with us your library of Eva Braun photographs, Andrew?

You mean besides being the largest conflict of all time?

I forgot how often military history is discussed as well.

men like wars and men are the only ones who give a shit about history

yes and because the only history americans studied in school was ww2

>americans should study more history
>when history is a collection of lies we agree to tell ourself

This. They also learn about the rebellion but thats about it.

Military history is like the lowest form of historical studies desu.
It's the biggest red flag if you want to find out who's gonna fail his classes at uni or not.

b..but it is. Not to mention possibly the single most important event in human history

If we're talking about modern history, the Industrial Revolution was the turning point

Thats a good point. Difference is that WW2 is more interesting (jet fighters and nazis vs developments in steel production), more relevant, and happened in a shorter period of time in a well documented sequence of events and as such is easier for most people to understand....just explaining why it's more popular than other significant events.

WW2 has plenty on the steel industry though, especially in Germany where steel bottlenecks had a great impact on their armaments industry creating massive backlogs of steel orders, and allocations were shifted around over the course of the war, changing the strategy of the entire military. The general economic history of WW2 contains a wealth of knowledge, but it isn't really as well appreciated as the jets or tanks in popular history because it isn't as flashy.

Even WW1 was far more important.

underage b8

>do meh in HS because DUDE, still interested in history/politics
>go to college for a year in engineering, drop out because it's not something i would do the rest of my life
>work for two years, spending most of my free time either shitposting or reading about history
>learn about the romans, the greeks, the franks, the scandies, the native americans (to an extent), the italian and flemish renaissances, etc etc
>decide after careful thought to major in history with an education degree afterwards
>first history class
>first person i meet i say hi to after class
>ask what he's into
>"uh... world war two i guess, and communism haha"
and he's fucking majoring in history ffs

>tfw not superior patrician grade intellectual high brow history like me

and btw, I'm no fuggin
>tfw to smart
but shit m8, this guy's planned the next 4 years of his life around a major he doesn't even give a shit about while it makes people who take arts degrees semi-seriously look like dinguses

too slow on the draw mate

oh no he posted it before i could add a comment

How's it feel to get absolutely destroyed on the internet normie?

not as bad as i thought it would be 2bh

Not him but, FUCKING REKT

work on your times m8

no

You must learn about the holocaust go- i mean guy

>coolest tanks
>coolest planes
>coolest ships
>no conflict before or since saw the same amount of tank, naval or air warfare
>the last conflict to have BB's play any role
>Veeky Forums as fuck uniforms
>crazy shit like Fall Gelb or Operation Dynamo
Gee, I sure wonder why WW2 is so popular

ww2 is that one action seen that normies love talking about as if it was the only scene in the movie

recency bias

Pleb tier
>WW2
Ok tier
>Cold War, Ancient Rome
Good tier
>WW1
Ascended tier
>French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars

I could add lots of periods but you know what I mean

wars are boring as fuck desu
not to mention, for fags and weaklings

t.
John Green

>wars are for fags and weaklings
so what manly thing do you care about user, the history of knitting?

There's been barely any innovation since then and nothing as large scale.
Compare the innovation from 1870 to 1940 with ww2 to us. New technology is much rarer it's just more efficient and in different forms.

Also there is no "spiritual" aspect to any of the more recent wars. America trying and failing to spread it's ideology compared to Europe being remade on america's systems. Korea is an exception I suppose.

Euro-centrism has a hand to play too.

30 years war was cooler, because there were like, witches and knights and shit. maybe dragons, I don't know, there might have been.

most important event in human history i'm not too sure about

you think that way because you're living through the product of that war

you're also living through the product of ww1 which directly caused ww2 so by definition ww1 was more important

It was huge and it was important and I fucking love it, but as far as wars go, WW 1 was a much larger shake up. Like you can't even compare the two.