Britannia rule the wa-

Britannia rule the wa-

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_of_9_August_1780
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botafogo_(galleon)
m.usni.org/magazines/navalhistory/2008-08/british-view-naval-war-1812
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How will the British ever recover?

How will the world ever recover?

Inb4 eternal anglo

This is how you rule the waves

No, this is how you rule the waves in the end.
>largest EEZ

None of those "victories" count I am afraid. The Americans were cheating by using larger more heavily armed ships and trying to pass them off as ships of a similar class. In addition they had picked crews of British veterans, while all the British had in these engagements were impressed Americans who were useless in a fight.

And a British frigate still managed to take a US "frigate" in Boston Harbour

It's like a destroyer taking on a cruiser and taking her as a prize

Lmao seriously what was up with britbongs in this war? Like, I thought your main advantage would be your navy when you tried to stop our FREEDOM but in fac that was one of your worst parts of the war. Literally all you did was lose in ship duels and then even lost vs the fucking FRENCH at chesapeake. Must have been bad luck

>The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching

British Sea Power was just a numbers game after Nelson. In most encounters their enemies had superior officers and better ships, and they only maintained supremacy thanks to their massive fleet size.

Literally, patently, not true.

I know this is a bait thread but all the battles in the image the US has the advantage: larger ships, more cannons, more men

> Worst part of the war.

And yet the Royal Navy still...

Captured/sank more ships.
Captured more merchantmen.
Kept the Atlantic blockade intact throughout the war fucking the US economy in the process.

you just described any military power ever

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_of_9_August_1780

R-rule B-britania, B-britania r-rules the s-s-seas

You know, wouldn't it be better to show Britain being fucked during Pax Britannia (when the rule Britannia thing was actually a thing)?

>merchant fleet
>against a proper fleet

Hmmm

>The Spaniards behaved with great humanity to their prisoners, repaying the generous treatment which their countrymen had been given by Admiral Rodney.[20]

How nice of all of them.

That's really ridiculous. Were the muslims just shit at naval battles or were the portuguese too good?

Portuguese is the Master Race

And then the American army still blew the fuck out of the British army despite peace talks being already underway. Dumb Britshits.

Ich habe dieses Bild gespeichert und werde es in jedem Thread verwenden woher Br*ten Anspruch Überlegenheit
Danke

This is why we should have allied with Napoleon!

why were the portuguese so good at war, and always in minority?

>1 ship vs 1 ship

Wow, how impressive

They had better boats and equipament than their opponents which would allow them to get naval supremacy pretty much anywhere they went during the 16/17th centuries

Here's an example
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botafogo_(galleon)

>In 1810 Britain had 152 ships-of-the-line and 183 frigates. The loss of several frigates to the U.S. Navy was humiliating. Indeed, the British responded to their shame by exaggerating the strength of the American warships and underplaying those of the British ships.
m.usni.org/magazines/navalhistory/2008-08/british-view-naval-war-1812

My god. Can we just nuke the place already?

Absolutely Halal! Allah save the Queen!

>Loses to a downgraded Ming Navy.
>Twice.

even today the British navy is a joke. even Russia could kick their asses.

now tell me Nigel, who won the war?

Looks like dad could use a few of our Veterans to stir some shit up, just take them off their meds for a week and they'll be a force to be reckoned with!

You'd hope so given the difference on defense spending. However, you will be hard press to find anyone else who can deploy and sustain an expeditionary force beyond the divisional level.

There's literally only two nations in the world who have a modern track record and force structure for that US and UK.

>Try to steal Canada while the UK is distracted by Napoleon
>Miserably fail and get your capital burned down
You tell me.

More than half of these are extremely small engagements involving 1 or 2 ships on both side. On the whole, they had a very effective navy.

The French.

>tfw you don't have to worry about any of this living in rural Wales
>mfw 'Welsh' is an oppressed minority so we get to keep pumping money into cultural programs

>even lost vs the fucking FRENCH
Nobody on Veeky Forums should be posting this retarded meme.

I'm glad they're out of the union really.

Was unaware that Britain won the battle of Chesapeake

One of my favorites

How is that a naval battle

Lmao find me a battle with more than one british ship involved

BIN

t. Collingsworth with Google translate