What did the Templar do to piss off the Church so much?

What did the Templar do to piss off the Church so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_von_Hammer-Purgstall
tracytwyman.com/found-again-the-templar-artifacts-of-hammer-purgstall/
britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=47760&partId=1
metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/ad_149337029.jpg?quality=80&strip=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It wasn't the church, it was the king of France.

They accumulated an enormous amount of wealth and power, representing a challenge to the authority of church and kings.

Just kidding! They really did worship the Devil and buttfuck each other.

THEY RENOUNCED JUDEOCHRISTIANITY, EMBRACING TRUE —GNOSTIC— CHRISTIANITY.

They didn't piss off the church so much, they just lost their ostensible raison d'etre when the crusades petered out. They still continued with their actual raison d'etre, which was banking essentially.

This activity put Philip the Fair deeply in their debt because of the expense of his wars against Edward Longshanks in Aquitaine and rebels in Flanders. He was already deeply in the debt of Jewish and Lombard bankers and he resolved all three problems from ~1306-1311 by taking successive violent action against all three groups. He expelled and expropriated the Jews and Lombards, but with the templars there was extra motive for him to act decisively because they represented a separate spiritual hierarchy that existed outside of his domination of the papacy. So instead of just kicking them out and keeping their stuff he got as many of them killed as he possibly could.

Even at the time churchmen mostly thought this was bullshit and the pope assisted Philip because he essentially had no choice, he was Philip's puppet. The pope secretly absolved all templars who confessed to heresy (we know this because the order to do so still exists in the Vatican archives), but couldn't very well tell Philip this, so he killed them anyway.

pic related, do a image search if you care to learn more.

^

^

many of these artifacs have been found, many are still just believed to exist. pic related is a twmplar artifact that was believed to not wxist until it was actually found.

the demon worship is not a meme, it's actually pretty interesting, they worshipped the ancient canaanite god Ba'al too.

pic related, another templar artifact depicting ba'al woship.

forgot pic, fug

You mean piss of the French?
Portugal and Spain still had the holy orders.

So were they crusasders or demon-worshippers?

How does that even work.

Read against heresies, pleb

>millions of people still think of the Templar as a meme-tier "LE REMOVE KEBAB AMMIRIGHT?" order
>when they were in fact a bunch of glorified bankers and it was the Knights Hospitallers who held out the longest in Palestina while still protecting the pilgrims instead of selling them debt
>even when they came home they couldn't stop crusading and carved out an entire nation for themselves in Eastern Europe

Fucking Templarboos. I blame Ubisoft.

Piss off the king of France
That's it

Source? Where are these from? I am genuinely curious.

Joseph von Hammer Purgstall wrote a whole book about those Templar artifacts, but no one believed him, since this was before photography he cound never prove it, all he had was drawings like pic-related and everyone thaught they were fakes. Until the artifacts were re-discovered, you can see the real one here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_von_Hammer-Purgstall

Those are also Drawings made by Purgstall, but the actual artifacts are still lost. I will post some more.

>droopy tits
FUCKING HERETICS

Pic related, another found artifact.

Where are demons so fucking spooky and why are angles equally spooky?

They're alien.

The "Arabic" looks kinda fake. I'll save the pic and check.

Because when you want to depict something beyond human understanding you make it look fucked up

Because they are the same things on different sides?

the arabic is fake, it's just gibberish. i'm catholic Lebanese, so the crusades have always interested me, since it's tied into alot of Lebanons history. I don't see why they would put fake arabic on it tho, i saw thories that they used the arabic alphabet but the greek language.

witch would make sense in a way, since only the crusaders would have the chance to learn greek and arabic, since those were the two biggest spoken languages in the middle east at that time. it would also be near impossible for people home in western europe to desypher it since those languages would be alien to western europeans at the time.

Well, it's still remains to be checked if it is really Greek written with Arabic letters or just gibberish. Cool if it really belonged to templars, but it may also be either a hoax or a product of unrelated 16-19th century occultists.

I can't find any source for these besides pinterest.

Ubisoft harnessed Templarbooism, they didn't create it. Templarbooism comes from their association with the Stonemasons, romanticism being attached to them due to repeated attacks from both the Chaldean churches and the grassroots Protestants sects.

I guess it's from here:
tracytwyman.com/found-again-the-templar-artifacts-of-hammer-purgstall/
The author, Tracy R. Twyman doesn't look very reliable, but at least the stone cascet is indeed real and really is in the British Museum.
britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=47760&partId=1

How exactly do a bunch of 'artifacts' with demons on them existing, prove that the Templars where demon worshipers?

So far they're as much prove as Veeky Forums memes are prove that Zhukov killed 50 million soviets in human wave tactics.

Yeah, that's a bit far-fetched. As mentionded here, it all comes down to a 19th century professor who found a bunch of these stone carvings and decided that they belonged to the Templars, while there was no lack of occultists in Europe in the Middle Ages and the Rennaissance, who could also be the creators of this stuff.

he didn't just decide that they belonged to the Templars, the twmplars were accused by the catholic church and the french king of worshipping a "Three faced man idiol" witch could very well be this sodomy human sacrifise

Where did purgstall found the stuff tho?
>Three faced manidols
Could as well be a trifron. Threefacedness as a symbol for the trinity was one of those weirder old symbols that made it into european christianity. The trifron is a rare way of portrayal and if the templars used it, a handwaved fabrication to label them heretics might have been extended to an intentional misunderstanding of the symbology.

These sodomy scenes are pretty strange though. Maybe older then the templars or used as a cautionary sign of sin as some religious orders do so? Like, one stone shows a sin, the next one punishment for it etc...
Or just as an especially crass reminder of evil like this tree of cocks here that is meant to show the errors of lust:
metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/ad_149337029.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

True, but there have already been freemasons and mason-like occult organization who LARPed as Templars by Purgstall's time. I think it's more likely that these were either their works or (even more likely) just hoaxes made by antiquarians taking advantage of the fad.

>Could as well be a trifron. Threefacedness as a symbol for the trinity was one of those weirder old symbols that made it into european christianity. The trifron is a rare way of portrayal and if the templars used it, a handwaved fabrication to label them heretics might have been extended to an intentional misunderstanding of the symbology.

That never actually crossed my mind, came into this thread to try and spread these things, since they aren't really widely known. Didn't expect to learn anything. I think your theory has some merit.

So he did just decide they belonged to the Templars, based on absolutely nothing. Or all images of a man with 3 faces ever now made and owned by the Templars because King fucking Philip said so?