Does Veeky Forums have any Veeky Forums related tattoos of note?

Does Veeky Forums have any Veeky Forums related tattoos of note?

I have the Bayeux tapestry on my scrotum

I have a tattoo across my ass cheeks saying "Jésus is coming, look busy" in Latin.

I have a swastika on my chest

>having a tattoo

I have Memento Homo on my ass.

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum.

I really, really like Cicero.

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>MUTILATING ONE'S BODY.

I'm a habsburg so i got AIEOU on my chest in gangster writing

Bracing for shitstorm. But I got some cuneiform script from the tomb of Cyrus done after I visited Persepolis. Thinking about getting a bust of Plato done on my thigh this year. If you don't like tattoos just don't get any. I work at sea, so it's not really a big deal.

That's actually dope as fuck.

I have a black maltese cross on my left pectoral :^)

No. I think tattoos are supposed to be more than that, it's meant to be something very spiritual or meaningful about yourself.

I really want a malofie but I'm not Samoan. I am a huge hawaiiboo and polynesiaboo in general despite never living there. I've been working on a malofie like design based on celto-Nordic art

>yes I am 100% Irish-danish-Bavarian amerimutt

You know it's a pretty huge faux pa to get a Samoan/Maori tattoo when you're not culturally a member right? To the point where some islanders might actually beat you up for it.

Hence why I'm designing my own European style piece mimicking the malofie and the ideas behind it

Just get fucked by enough Samoan that you absorb enough semen to alter you DNA to become partially Samoan.

was going to shitpost abuse but that looks breddy gud actually

>You know it's a pretty huge faux pa to get a Samoan/Maori tattoo when you're not culturally a member right?

hasn't stopped literally millions of cunts getting them though, muh tribal meme

I'm a blue-eyed scandinavian, not a "Skol xDD"-posting skyrim-american.

Translated and designed this on my own, by the way. Thinking of getting either a latin tattoo, or more runes, for my next one.

>scandinavian
Tvek

>Tvekpostande på ett spanskt nätvevarforum
Really makes you think, eh.

Want to get a tattoo of Trajan's column as a sleeve.

That's actually really cool, doubt anybody here would give ya shit for it. I wouldn't recommended a bust. Faces are extremely hard to pull off on tattoos and rarely age well.

Looks really dope, user. (What does it say?) I wouldn't recommend faces because of what previous poster said, but a favourite quote is almost always a good idea.

That's a cool idea but that level of detail on a tattoo is incredibly difficult. And depicting that many people can be difficult.

Not bad dude. How do you even get to Persepolis in this day and age? Bus/ drive out of Isfahan?

Did cultures ever use tattoos to mark criminals so they would be known as such for the rest of their lives after their punishment for the crime they committed? I thought I had read something about medieval or otherwise historical usage or tattoos to mark people guilty of certain crimes.

why tatoo them when you can firebrand them?

Yes, Chinese did. Also, criminals in general tattoo themselves.

Unless you're a criminal or a barbarian you probably shouldn't get at tattoo.

Was this common?

I know criminals tattoo themselves. But I'm talking about historically was it ever used to mark criminals. I didn't know the Chinese did it, I thought I heard that the Japanese did and some Europeans may have, but I don't know.

I got "We The People" on my back left shoulder.

I'm from a Celtic/Germanic country and thus would like to have a boar tattoo as it symbolizes male strength and virility as it was represented in both peoples.

Actually pretty cool.

Is it at least in the same script as on the Declaration?

Good idea. Try for something more obviously porcine than your pic, though. I honestly thought it was a horse at first.

I knew an archaeologist who found a really nice Celtiberian brooch kinda like pic related, so he got a tattoo of it.

He was really cool.

Forgot pic. :P

You know it's been so long I can't quite remember. It may have even been from Shiraz. You could get a bus ride out there. But I hooked up with a random Serb and we split a taxi fare there. I think it was 50 US return for the driver including him waiting there, so only 25 each. It was hot as fuck but I'll never forget walking through the gates that Alexander rode through and being awestruck. Place was deserted other than me, my friend and a bunch of Iranian schoolgirls there on a field trip. Couldn't be more different from the Acropolis or Troy. Iran is such an incredible place, I feel so privileged to have had the chance to spend so long there. Hence the commemorative tattoo. If you ever get the chance, go.

Yes, the ancient Greeks (and romans iirc) would tattoo slaves and criminals. Often on the face

criminally underrated

I want to get a Macedonian cross, aka Veljusa cross, first seen in a church build during the times of Alexios I, he personally visited the Church.

If I ever get a tattoo, which I highly doubt it will be pic related in my chest or in my back. But before I do it, I will make sure I have read everything about ancient Macedonia.
Might do some other ancient Greek symbols, maybe even Hittite or summerian or Babylonian.

Why do I have to be so dumb

>Getting tattoos
Do not make you sexier, do not make you more interesting, and do not age well.

The only excuse for having a tattoo is if it's war related. Even then, it is minor. A tattoo needs to be a trophy, not """body art"""

for you

Why would you tattoo yourself

It's trendy

I got a boar tattoo. His name is Boaris.

You should have got a spider and named it Sporis

Thats fucking cool, and what it mean?

I'll be getting a wolf and naming him Wolfram.

You should name him Xavier

fpbp

China and East Asia did. Hence the taboo on Tattoos there that exists to this day.

Also why extensive Tattoo Art by Criminal organizations like Triads and Yakuzas happened. In both an effort to cover up the shameful brand while also saying FUCK YOU to society, they tattooed themselves extensively in a riot of patterns.

This was especially made worse when the novel "Water Margin" came out in the 1300s, which was about a dogooder noble bandit group. It had characters who tattooed themselves quite extensively, most famously Shi Jin who had Nine Dragons on his skin.

What happened was every criminal in 1400s-1700s China and Japan aped the heroes of the novel by covering themselves in Tatts.

>plato

I knew a guy who got tattoos of everything he found he thought was really cool. We all made fun of him for it; it's really not a common thing for archaeologists to do, and it's pretty cringey when finding artifacts is a mundane part of the job.

Yeah for the decleration

90% of your replies are basically "that's actually really cool"
As if no tattoo ever has been cool