Catalonia

Inb4 civil war 2.0
Who's gonna join the international brigades?
Tell me about the first one

That didn't happen 20 years ago

Catalonia becomes anarchist
Catalonia becomes Stalinist
Catalonia becomes fascist

Capiche?

The International Brigades and Catalonia weren't really related though, only the POUM enjoyed much support in an Anarcho-Syndicalist/Anarcho-Communist stronghold

They should be stopped, fuck nationalism.

could someone give me a quick rundown on catalonia?

Shoo shoo subhuman kraut

It's a meme. The sepratist are stupid.
They don't have sufficient reasons to seperate: They're a part of what used to be the kingdom of Aragon, but that was hundreds of years ago. They have their own language but nobody speaks it. The culture is practically spanish for the most part.
It feels like the main argument in the long run, is that they carry the rest of spain financially. As true as this may be, definitely doesn't seem sufficient reason to seperate.

Spain was fucking stupid to use violence and even do anything, thereby making undecided voters to turn separatists and keeping the loyalists at home from fear of the police.
Catalonia isn't culturally different enough to justify indepenence, and even if they get it, their main probelms are European problems -not Spanish: immigration, laws and such.
As long as that is true, catalonia will not get independence and nor do I think it should. i think there is a very big silent majority in catalonia (i've been to barcelona the week of the referendum)
And the very pro independence referendum results are a direct reaponse to Spain's intervention and do not represent the actual people (only 42% turnout rate).

T. Castellano

Fuck Catalonian racists

They are all privileged rich people that don’t want to share their wealth with the poorer parts of Spain, they are not poor oppressed people fighting for independence

@3596250
Nice bait

America and the EU have already sided with Spain, Catalonia will not be allowed to secede and disrupt global peace and security.

They have their own romance language, kinda like a mix of Spanish and French. They're also one of the richest parts of Spain, and historically have been quite left wing. Obviously, this led to friction with fascist Madrid under Franco, and a lot of bad blood remains cos of him and the civil war.

So they want to leave, but it's illegal under the Spanish Constitution, which was drawn up after Franco's death basically so as not to spook fascists in the military who might try (and eventually did attempt) to overthrow democracy, and the current right wing Spanish gov is absolutely refusing to change it.

So it's a standoff. The Catalans held a referendum hoping Spain will blink and agree to negotiations. What Spain's actually done is call their bluff, and now they've forced the Catalan parliament to declare independence giving Madrid more than enough justification under spanish law to dissolve the Catalan government and arrest politicians.

Death to commies, Portugal stands with Spain.

>fascist Madrid under Franco
>Franco
>Fascist

you could only call Franco fascist during the Civil War when he needed the support of the Falange, after the War and when he sent the falange to fight in the Eastern Front, Franco's rule is more accuratly defined as a "Authoritarian Catholic Technocracy", Franco's vision of Spain was shaped by a desire to have an anti-masonic technocratic administration but with a catholic social model, this is a big contrast to Mussolini, who himself despised religion and fascism wanted the Idealized State to be the ultimate source of worship for the individual

This is a radical centrist board, we do not condone far-left or far-right separatist actions here.

Hairsplitting desu.

It's true though, cataluns are selfish greedy bastards

Observe, gentlemen, the bizarre mindset of the oppressor: that of a victim.

I fully support the right of Catalunya (and everyone else) to declare independence

But if that's good to Catalunya, I don't know.
They will probaby set up a far left govnt and fail hard, because that's what far left governments do

You are far from home, bro.