So I'm reading a memoir of a soldier who fought in the Battle of Inchon during the Korean War, and this man...

So I'm reading a memoir of a soldier who fought in the Battle of Inchon during the Korean War, and this man, Thomas Cork, describes being in "about the thirteenth wave" of marines in the battle.

Just how many fucking waves were there in the battle?

Source: "The Marines of Montford Point: America's First Black Marines" by Melton A. McLaurin

Evidently many

thanks

Anytime

Atleast 13. Maybe even 12.

Come on Veeky Forums, this isn't even a shitpost, I cited my source and everything.

Unsourced statements gets more replies for some reason.

Inchon is an amphibious landing, which just means that he's the 13th wave to hit the beach, since there is a severe bottleneck in landing ships. Keep in mind Inchon wasn't well defended, and the first waves had moved well inland by the time the 13th wave happened. More troops were being continuously landed in order to reinforce the landing zone and protect against a counter attack.

Damn that's frustrating.

Yeah, he describes how he saw dead guys from earlier waves when he landed.

Blacks were actually over-represented in the Korean War. The military post-WWII didn't want Germany to have the same autism over the Rheinlandbastarde and refuel Nazism, so black soldiers were largely kept in Japan, not Europe. Thus when the Korean War broke out, an unusually large number of soldiers available in East Asia were black.

How could there be fewer than 13 waves if the memoir describes being on "about the 13th wave" with no mention of being among the last?

Bump

Bump

Unless you can find the original operational plan from the landings you probably wont get an answer. Or possibly try and find a field manual with US landing doctrine in it.
I don't see why it really matters though.

but that's not overrepresentation, that'd be like if the gov't claimed that every soldier that had fought in the korean war was black when that was obviously not the case. this is something else entirely.

That symbol means greater than 13.

hi brainlet
that symbol means less than 13.

What you should have used was 13≥

Damn, okay.

Maybe I should have said "American soldiers in the Korean war were disproportionately black."

Thank you user.

Bump for actual history instead of P*ki shitposting.

bump

wrong