The Abolition of Woman

I am an Orthodox Christian, and I am not infrequently confronted with the question, "Why cannot women be priests?" The rudamentary answer is simply that it is dogma that they cannot; dogma needs no justification, because dogma is what is premise. I therefore will not attempt to justify this dogma, but I do seek to elucidate it with, I pray, Christ's blessing.
Foremost it should be stressed that women and men are alike created in the image of God. One's vocation does not concern that, else only clergy would be made in the image of God. However, the vocation of the priesthood does require a masculine trait: boldness. God, in His Wisdom, fitted Adam with a beard, a constant redminder of manly forcefulness always at the ready; even in its whitened form it conveys an intensity befitting a man. His body and voice rugged and austere, man is most becoming when he is bold. It is true that his boldness can be excessive, and in times diffidence is called for in a man: Christ praises meekness, and is crucified as a lamb. But Christ is nonetheless a man, the God-man, and therefore bold enough to drive the moneychangers from the temple with a scourge; this act would not have been becoming were He a woman, but because He is a man, it was virtuous.

This is not to say that women cannot be bold, indeed sometimes they ought. But as a norm, they are not, they are diffident. "Norm" here does not mean "on average" or "regularly", but is used in Russell Kirk's sense: a normative principle. I understand and regret that my position here is controversial, but please do not presume I am slighting women or saying
Cont

Cont
they should "know their place" as footstools of men. Yet it is apperent to any man who has engaged with women romantically, that women tend toward diffidence, and it is the part of the man to be bold, the onus is typically on him to initate things. Women tend to admire and expect boldness from men (let us not conflate virtuous boldness with being obnoxious, for being obnoxious is perverse boldness). I do not plead that women are biologically diffident or anything so crude, because very often they are not. I rather assert that diffidence is becoming in a women: it suits a woman's body, which is supple and tender; her breasts, for instance, inspire tenderness in a man's heart, and I do not refer to lust: Clytemnestra sought to stay her son's murderous hand, albeit unsuccessfully, by unveiling her breasts. And to complement Eve's womanly body, God saw fit to furnish her with a womanly voice possessing the same qualities.

Richard Weaver did not err when he said that the modern contempt for feminine norms has to do with a devaluation of "being" in favor of "doing", the irreverence of the timeless in neurotic fixation on the now, now, now, the mechanical march of the trousers over the ethereal majesty of the dress, the industrial and technological exalted with the organic scorned as so much inefficient rubbish (we see Shulamith Firestone as a perfect illustration of this; the Futurist hatred of the feminine, another). Diffidence in a woman is graceful, and in our time grace is increasingly rare because it is not fungible. The feminine grace adds much to our lives. The boldness of a man is often not truly fulfilling without the diffident grace of a woman--wonderful is the sacrament of marriage!

In our individualistic age, norms are becoming almost taboo--a bizairre contradiction. I know that some will consider me an ape, a sexist tyrant for my words, but I do not speak them in judgement. Please consider them before abhoring them.

begone, sodomite

As an Orthodox Christian, why do you believe that Jesus was the product of anal sex?

That or the fact that it was Eve who committed original sin. Wouldn’t make sense to give such a holy position to those of her kind.

Adam and Eve both comitted the sin. Both fell.

I agree with you. So what's your point?

You mean, what utility value does the OP have?

Satan tempted Eve. Eve tempted Adam. Had Adam not had Eve, he would not have been tempted. Man is more manipulated by a woman than by a devil. It was on Eve’s head.

Man and Woman both became subject to death

So does that mean that a man who can't grow a beard is not, in god's plan, fit to be a priest ?

My, but you're clever.

Typical cunt behavor, inability to accept accountability so she blames both parties to never be truely at fault.

Doesn’t change my argument. Women have a greater capacity to commit sin and be tempted by Satan than man.

Pretty sure Adam blamed Eve, not the other way around

Men are created in the image of God, women are created in the image of men. Therefore preaching His word is left to those in closer proximity to Him.

No, both are considered in the image of God. Woman is made for the glory omeman though

For pointing out the sloppy self-indulgence in OP's way of thinking? No, anyone could do that.

I am the OP. Pointing out highly irregular circumstances doesn't make them a rule. Ever read Burke on the Glorious Revolution?

kek. Misinterpreting that scripture so hard. Go ahead and blame your mistakes on others just like Adam, user. That's one of the reasons we will always be sinful lol. God does not like ugly. He also doesn't like the concept of a human basically accusing him of making a mistake.
God did not care that Eve influenced Adam to do it the same reason he did not care that the snake influenced Eve to do it. What is personal responsibility?
Men have such a smaller capacity that all it took was for a another person to tell him to do something wrong and he does it? kek.

Women can't become priest because humans(since biblical times) grew up in a culture that said women can't become priest. End of story.We've embraced it.

>Women can't become priest because humans(since biblical times) grew up in a culture that said women can't become priest.
They could in paganism

Women can’t be priests because they’re too permissive, passive, and uncharistmatic.

Condense your shit, dude.

>highly irregular
A significant portion of men worldwide are in this circumstance.
Or is it that Pacific islanders were not supposed to join the church ?

No. This is just irrelevant bullshit, like the rest of your argument.

When you can't tell the difference between a beardless man and a woman, then you might have a point

Have you considered the possibility that your religion was created in an era with false ideas of absolute gender roles, and that these roles where simply codified into religious dogma without any divine involvement whatsoever?

>doing exactly what I just said
Women holy fuck