Socrates vs. the Sophists

Socrates vs. the Sophists
Jesus vs. the Pharisees
Paul vs. the Areopagus
Peterson vs. the Postmodernist Neomarxists

Why does this pattern keep repeating?

Does every great teacher have to triumph over a pit of vipers to become great?

It doesn't matter how much you whine. Face it, you are going to get replaced anyway.

Peterson is great?

What are you even talking about?

He is probably a "leftie" that thinks the OP has an agenda against the leftist agenda.

You can't be considered GREAT if your enemies are equal to you. You have to beat the bigbois to be great

This. Peterson is playing on easy mode. Everyone that is well read can btfo of post modernists, now think about how easy it must be for a man like Peterson. He is just shilling for his books.

>millions of shilling for r9k "psychologists" and popular ecelebs
>you are going to get r-
>leftists huuuuuuuuh!
Don't make me post amerigoblins over here, burg.

Whomst are the bigbois?

But the pharisees didn't win

Neither did any of the other vipers.

>comparing Jordan Petersson to Socrates

I think Im having a literal fucking anyeurysm

he doesnt know what post modernism is

Jesus fucking CHrist I have to quit the fucking internet, too much fucking idiots

Jesus was clearly an exception then.

Peterson is playing on easy mode. He is kind of like Dawkins bullying christian fundamentalists.

That explains why to this day Jews will hiss and flee when you show them a cross. Because crucifying Jesus had no blowback for them for the next 2,000 years.

Why do you say that? He does drift away from its definition a bit to further his own views but he has mostly got it right.

In his big anti-postmodernist manifesto, he just attacks a strawman that is based on the etymology of a single statement by Derrida.
Peterson just uses "post-modernism" a dog whistle. What he really means is "feminism".

>What he really means is "feminism".
Well, feminism is derived from post modernism after all.
I always found it funny tht he always dissed Deridda while ignoring other, more important figures just because it fits his narrative.
And he going all religion is salvation and shit while saying nothing bad about the church.
>LIFE
>IS
>SUFFFERING REEEEEEE WATCH MY VIDS

> Well, feminism is derived from post modernism after all.
Third wave feminism, yes, but I think the theories about patriarchy that Peterson disputes are older than that.
>And he going all religion is salvation and shit while saying nothing bad about the church
It's funny to me. He defends his right to free speech by saying that people should get to use their own words, and he does just that. Words like "God" and "pray" lose all of their meaning when they emerge from his mouth in an obvious attempt to appeal to traditional conservatives.

Some of you Petersonfags please tell me the concept of Post-Modernity. How can you say that modernity is over?

>Third wave feminism, yes, but I think the theories about patriarchy that Peterson disputes are older than that.
He focuses on older postmodernists for a very specific reason that you should know already, he is attacking at the base. Like how the leftists are trying to attack fundamentals, he is literally doing the same thing.
Now to tell you the truth I prefer him over them any part of the week jut because he can actually communicate his opinions without spouting memes/being an obnoxious fuck (although his SUFFERING REEE and YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL OF CONSERVATISM came pretty close).

Fair enough. I just can't stand the way he tries to be a surrogate dad for every boy in the audience.

We have reached a certain point where pop "phlisophers" offer emotional supports and good feelings/making you feel superior than the other tht doesn't agree with your own opinions, you can discern this from the absolute complete lack of any dialogue whatsoever.

Please, do.

Oh boy I love the smell of reddit’s favorite ‘academic’ in the morning.

>feminism a political movement from the 19th century, is derived from postmodernism, a postwar movement
Unironically end your life famalam

I dont. The post modernists say that

>third wave feminism is from 19th century
I thought it was obvious but when you want to nitpick and act pompous while contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation aside from memes you are pretty preoccupied I guess

Socrates and Jeezus were executed, not really a triumph.

to become a great meme, yes

if you're just right with no one to oppose you then there's no attention to any of it

>the Postmodernist Neomarxists
>marxism
>postmodern

>Whomst are the bigbois?
(((them)))

It's a triumph when you manage to become a martyr and make your enemies look bad for the rest of eternity, while your own life gets whitewashed and deified.