Cesar was pretty evil

Just listened to Dan Carlin’s Celtic Holocaust and damn, Cesar did some murdering of their people, like crazy. I just found out, nobody teached me at school about this why ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2xTMZNFHUu4
desuarchive.org/his/thread/3664509/#3664687
youtube.com/watch?v=ONLv2gr97-c
youtube.com/watch?v=8A0ZIc6-0Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=-R5g05Sf5_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you want to view history like that then there are literally no good guys. Ceasar was a brilliant commander and in the context of the age he was pretty merciful. Even if it was simply to further his political ends.

Roman patricians control the US government. The free masons and the Israeli government are under direct rule. You need to wake up. #FreeCeltKnowledge

Sorry, let me rephrase then : I was thought in school and in discussions with friends that Cesar was a great man in history, one of the best tacticians of ancient history and political leader, tyrannical but served the people but nobody shows his flaws or i never seen them portraid untill i listened to the podcast, he butchered the celtic people, might be a genocide by today’s standards

>Be Caesar
>Military genius, understand the struggles of the average person, fight alongside my legionnaires and grant them riches and fame
>Constantly spare my enemies and show mercy
>Devote my dictatorship to enriching the poor
>Get assassinated by the crusty old aristocracy because I was too much of a benevolent force
>More than 2000 years later, get judged by some literal-who Gaul-shill applying presentism
>ask myself "was it worth it?"
Don't you ever insult Gaius Julius Caesar again.

Everyone knows about the Nazi concentration camps today because when they were liberated people like Eisenhower made a big deal out of how horrible they were to try to make sure Germans wouldn't be able to downplay it or pretend it didn't happen afterwards.
Obviously nobody in recent history has had an incentive to do the same thing for Julius Caesar's war crimes. Anyone you could believe held some shared responsibility in that case are all long since dead.

Its a pretty well known historical fact that Caesar fucked the Gauls hard.

But who cares, they're Gauls?

Caesar never wanted to intentionally cause people suffering. Which is proven by the fact that he gave his enemies quick deaths. You could say he was 'bad' because he did not help the patricians or soldiers he fought against. The reason he was a tyrant was because of how he came to power, not what he did while he was IN power.

>Roman patricians control the US government. The free masons and the Israeli government are under direct rule.

I only control the souls of the US Government - they make a choice to commit treason or not.

Thus far, they have ignored all my lawful orders.

youtube.com/watch?v=2xTMZNFHUu4

this

Nigga. In ancient history this happened all the time

Your school and friends didn't know shit about Caesar then. I mean the fucker went into Gaul and slaughtered the shit out of the people there just for his personal profit. Not even for the glory of Rome or some shit, for him-fucking-self.

On another note. Why is caesar such a popular roman figure?

Gods. I hate Gauls.

C*lts aren't people, so I don't see the problem

>tfw your legacy is so strong that Romans thought a passing comet was your soul ascending to Godhood
>tfw your legacy is so strong that future kings would take on your first name as a synonym for Emperor
>tfw your legacy is so strong that foreigners admire you and tries to emulate you
Caesar was rewarded by the world in the end.

My grandfather hated them too, even before they put out his eyes.

He is the Senate.

>war with your neighbors for centuries in a grimdark world where any neighboring tribe would genocide your people and viciously torture your children to death while laughing and masturbating just for a few cows and sheep
>your own tribe did such things in the past so you are well aware of what could happen
>superior civilization offers you chance to join
>offers you gibsmedats and trade
>offers help against aggressive tribes
>all you have to do is stay in your designated territory and not harass their legions as they march through
>send observers to other friendly tribes to confirm they are more interested in unfettered supply lines than provoking the locals
>the only drawback is taxes, but then they are only taxing the increased trade pax romana allows
>decide to be friendly to romans
>some severely retarded members of your tribe sperg out
>"muh ethnostate" "le evil merchants" "ah hates em different lookin types"
>they murder you
>megasperg takes over and begins warring and raping everyone
>Imperivm Romana rightly recognizes you as a threat and promptly exterminates your tribe for the greater good

The only lesson to be gained from this is to keep irrational people down.

Propagation of Caesar could only help Augustus look like the good guy, so of course he made sure that shit stayed in the public's mind

Your autism is getting worse every day

desuarchive.org/his/thread/3664509/#3664687

This Nigger putting bis own political View in Caesars actions lmao

They were foreigners though so it would've been ok

exactly this, kill yourself OP

I think a lot of people, teachers included, respect imperialism and nationalism even when leaders go to the lengths of genocide to attain it. Universal goodwill is unrealistic. We want those who do us harm or drain our resources to be stopped. That's why most people say the Holocaust is "fascinating" or get a kick out of it, Hitler fulfilled the dark wishes many of us hold.

He let 20 000 Averni and Adeui enemies free;

"I restored to the Aedui and the Arverni about 20,000 prisoners." "[7.90.3]

he was merciful and generous to anyone who did not resist.

Dan Carlin does sensationalist history and purposefully exaggerates the storyline.

Nobody in their right mind believes Caesar enslaved 1 million people and killed 1 million more with 50 000 men in his command.

The funny thing is I listened to the podcast in question and Dan hardly criticizes Caesar. At most he compares him to "Vader" in the sense that Caesar's the conqueror. He outright says he does not believe that it was a genocide.
Sounds like OP is just a butthurt Gaul who forgets that it was Caesar's campaign was a deterrence against further Gallic aggression in Italy, as had already happened.

He was good for his own people though, that's why he is a great man.

>Dan Carlin
You have to go back.

>quick deaths
Vercingetorix

>Obviously nobody in recent history has had an incentive to do the same thing

You dumb nigga?

>Gauls be good boys, they dindu nuffin

He showed too much mercy, in my opinion

Exception that proves the rule. He was the leader of the last coalition of Gallic tribes and thus was a symbol of Caesar's victory. Any other Roman would have done the same thing- and much worse.

What's the problem with Dan?

>I just found out, nobody teached me at school about this why ?

We never talked about Caesars conquests in school.

>i never seen them portraid untill i listened to the podcast, he butchered the celtic people, might be a genocide by today’s standards
So what. If Rome didn't conquer Gaul, French culture wouldn't be the same. The language, wine, the culture.

In the long run Gaul benefitted from Rome. Just like black slaves in the US are way better than their counterparts in Africa.

Sure it sucks but you know what, if you look at history with this "muh genocide" "muh feelings" lens then you're not going to learn anything but every great leader involved some oppression. It's human nature and retarded to not acknowledge that for one to grow another must decline. It is the way

> aggression in Italy

I also love how everyone bitches about the mutilation of Gaul, but tens of thousands of Italians dying in the civil war is just wave off as natural collateral.

>might be a genocide by today’s standards

people greatly understate the amount of historical genocides.

Several hundred tribes where hunted to extinction, and many cultures where nearly exterminated at times.

The ancient world was a savage place and what Caesar did to the Gauls is no different than what pretty much every other civilization did to conquered peoples. Enslaving or slaughtering entire tribes/cities for rising up against you or helping your enemies was standard.

thankfully they were just some gay ass whitebois killing each other

he is a conqueror op god dammit

he was beheaded in Rome with much pomf.

Everyone was perfectly fine with genocides until Jews threw a hissy fit.
Even in last century Turks and Japs got away just fine.

The Jews did it

Japs get shit from other asians about it
Turks are the ones who got off scot fucking free and made it illegal to talk about it.

>C*ltic holohoax
No such thing, my clothless (friend).

Dont you know? Murder is only bad when it's a genocide to this people

He made gauls into provincial citizens and senators too, his genocide was not driven by hate, he just wanted Gaul under his control for political and military reasons. Applying the standards of today to an ancient civilization from 2000 fucking years ago is autistic, everyone fucked kids, enslaved people and burned cities bacm then.

>Your autism is getting worse every day

I'm only sharing with you the knowledge I have accumulated from living on this planet - you can do with it as you will.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Do you?

>Why is the guy whose name become the highest title in monarchies all across the globe for the next 2000 years such a popular roman figure?
I have no idea user. Ask one of the roman Caesars or the german Kaiser or the russian Zar. Perhaps they know.

>Be Hitler
>Political genius, understand the struggles of the average person, fight alongside my fellow germans and grant them riches and fame
>Constantly spare enemies and show mercy, allow them to leave the country peacefully
>Devote my dictatorship to enriching the poor
>Get character-assassinated by crusty communcy because I was too much of a benevolent force
>More than 70 years later, get judged by some literal-who kike-shill applying merchantism
>Ask myself "was it worth it?"

I see people posting these pyramid Bible memes but I don't understand it, none of the numbers line up or anything. What's the joke?

>people
It's just the one guy, at least for now.
He's either a dedicated shitposter or actually schizophrenic.

But the numbers don't even line up, there's no connection between any of the information in the infographics at all.

>But the numbers don't even line up, there's no connection between any of the information in the infographics at all.

What do you mean there's no connection? The Shakespeare quote has come to pass as a prophecy.

You saying that the speed of light isn't more constant than the northern star?

Or are you saying Caesar and Pharaoh aren't both God-Kings? Both deified by their states?

Are you saying the Great Pyramid isn't a tomb to a Pharaoh?

Are you saying there's no connection between Caesar, Pharaoh, and Imperial Cults worldwide?

Sorry, turns out God is almost certainly very real - and considers itself a friend of Emperors and an enemy of traitors and iconoclasts. You're either someone who accepts facts as they are or you are someone who lives in denial.

youtube.com/watch?v=8A0ZIc6-0Pg

Who are you stop talking to me

>Who are you

God

Sounds pretty gay

>Dan Carlin’s Celtic Holocaust
I'm sorry.

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep." - 2nd Peter 2:1-3

>Sounds like OP is just a butthurt Gaul who forgets that it was Caesar's campaign was a deterrence against further Gallic aggression in Italy, as had already happened.
Sucking Caesar's cock isn't better either. Nobody believes Caesar went into Gaul for some pre-emptive stirke. It was a war of profit on his part, nothing else.

Just fuck off.

Young student a great man does not mean a more gooder.

Good =/= Great

He's right, there are no "good guys", just heroes of their people.

Yes, the Jews are chief among the false teachers.

Welcome to Earth - where Pharaoh is a god and Jews are serial-killing LARPers.

youtube.com/watch?v=-R5g05Sf5_o

>Celtic Holocaust
>bad

>Constantly spare my enemies and show mercy
Source: his own book.

Sparing a few for propagandistic purposes doesn't mean the rest of the defeated weren't genocided.

Alesia: Nevar 4get.

u wot m8?

>one of the best tacticians
Have you ever in your entire life looked in a dictionary what this word means and entails?

>So what. If Rome didn't conquer Gaul, French culture wouldn't be the same. The language, wine, the culture.

Yeah no shit the language and culture would have been different... but wine? Wine was already introduced into Gaul by the Greeks, and the Greek alphabet was already in use for the Gallic language by the time the Romans showed up. And the Gauls were already making "fromage" and "jambon" and all that stuff.

Anyway...
>implying being involved in the creation of the French is something to be proud of.
LOL