Slave

Slave
Sklave
Esclave
Esclavo
Schiavo

How did the slavic people become synonymous with slavery in pretty much all European languages?

Other urls found in this thread:

jassa.org/?p=4516
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was more than one slave trade in history.

Stop being retarded.

Yeah ok, but why did the Slavics became synonymous with slavery and not somebody else? Was it something like a quality brand?

Also, in Slavic languages it sounds "Suovianie" not 'Slavs' like in English.
Propaganda.

>this is what slavs believe

the "slav is subhuman" meme is spread by weak jawed manlets in germany and northern europe as propaganda against the slavs.
The slavs are descendants of the proto indo european warriors, who worshipped the sky and war gods.

Ancient burials also prove that the ancient peoples living in slavic regions of europe were predominantly red/blonde haired, tall, pale and blue eyed.
Eastern europe is also whiter than western europe.

Slavic word for Slavs is "Słowianie/Sloveni/Slaveni". It comes from "słowo" (word) or "sława" (fame, glory) (doesn't matter from which exactly, because both of these words ultimately come from PIE "klew" (to hear)). Slavic word "Słowianie" has nothing to do with English "slave" and no one will negate this. It is impossible that Slavs called themselves "slaves".

In Finnish the word for slave (orja) is derived from Aryan.

Now, the problem is with the English word "slave". Official etymology says that it comes from Latin word "sclavus" (slave), which supposedly comes from "Slovenin" (Slav). And this is exactly where 19th century manipulation and propaganda steps in. That’s because Latin "sclavus" has nothing to do with "Slovenin". In fact it comes from “inclavare” (to lock in), ultimately from "clavis" (key) or "clavus” (nail). Cognates of English “slave” are words like “enclave” and “exclave”. None of these words have anything to do with Slavs.
On the other hand, Latin name for Slavs was “Sclavinii” (actually it was only one of several names). This word is simply nothing more than latinized Slavic “Sloveni/Slaveni”. Latin phonetics doesn’t allow “s” and “l” sounds to be next to each other so it was pronounced with “c” in between: Slavieni --> Sclavinii (it was common process when Latin borrowed foreign words, another example would be Vistula: Polish “Wisła”, German “Weichsel”, but Latin “VisCla”). Due to this shift, Latin word for Slavs became very similar to another Latin word meaning “slave”. This is just how the manipulation was possible (Sclavinii = sclavus).

And that’s it.
>2017
>we still have to deal with 150 year old German propaganda bullshit created for imperial expansionist purposes

Sure, Hans. Refute Protip, you can't.

>Slavic nationalists: No Slave is totally not derived from the heroic white and based Slavic people
>everybody else: Yeah, it is taken from the Slavic people, because they got enslaved so much during the early medieval.

I don't see any arguments, just personal vendetta of some sorts. You should've said from the begining that you're a biased mofo.

The argument is that no linguist is following your "interpretation".

I don't see any counter argument still.

Pathetic cringe

The only person pathetic here is you. You desperately try to tie "slave" to "slavs", even though Slavs didn't call themselves slaves, that would be absurd.

Slav comes from 'slovo' or 'slava'. And no amount of propaganda will change that.

>Not totally not from Slavs!
>because I say so!

This, Le "slave is slav" is a meme.

You might want to look at again, this time without butthurt or personal grudge.

Perhaps I should hold your hand and tutor you through? Because it's obvious to me that you have problems with reading comprehension.

*sigh*
>WE

>unsourced pic
>complete opposite of what all historians and linguist say
>makes the Slav happy
wew lad, now you really convinced me.

look at pic and tell me with serious face that it's the slavs wewuzzing
you're twisting facts and pretending to be retarder. slavs didn't come from slaves. deal with it.

No one has to convince you to anything. if you think that Slavs called themselves slaves, then you're simply stupid.

How does inclavare → sclavus?

Do you have any other examples of this supposed incl → scl / #__ phonological rule?

Slavs never called themselves slaves, the word just came to mean slave in other languages.

finns were slaves of Swedes and Russians, very often sold by Crimean Tatars as blonde fucktoys for Turks and Arabs. i wouldn't boast about being finnic as your whole existence is one big slavery.

The words "Swarthy" and "Slav" are cognates. Let us first examine the English word Swarthy, which means “dark-complexioned”. The English word Swarthy is derived from Old English Sweart (black, dark), which is derived from Proto-Germanic *Swarta with the PIE root *Swordo (dirty, dark, black). Now, hypothetically, if Proto-Slavs were darker than their neighbours, could they perhaps have referred to themselves as “dark”, “black”, “dirt”, “soil”, “poo”, or “swarthoid”? The linguistic evidence seems to suggest so. The Slavic autonym *Slověninъ is most likely a derivation from *Swordo, as the Proto-Slavs would have referred to themselves as perhaps “the dark ones” or "the black ones". Over time this autonym evolved to refer to “people of the word” (i.e. people who share a language), leading to the Proto-Slavic Slovo (word) replacing the original Proto-Slavic derivation from PIE *werdʰom (word), and ultimately leading to the Slavic autonym *Slověninъ. Thus we can conclude that Slavs were probably swarthy, if not outright dark, until mixing with lighter populations following their expansion from the Pripet Marshes/Dnieper region.

Also type "kara boga" into Google Translate and translate from Polish.

We Slavs are part of the BLACK race, we have nothing to do with western wh*teoids.

preach on brotha.

soon we will destroy the wh*Te subhumanoids KARA BOGA comes for you g*Rmanoid monkeys

>German propaganda
>same same in pretty much every other language in Europe, including French and English

>Slavs never called themselves slaves, the word just came to mean slave in other languages.

This, like Lombard became the medieval term for a banker.

In Old French a slave is "esclave", while a Slav is an "esclavon"

>I will never buy cute slavic slave girls at the market
why even live in this timeline

As if French and English weren't under German influence when it came to pseudo-science. It benefited you so you agreed upon your own version of history.

Protip: It's all lies and it's shattering before your own very eyes with each dig and genetic research.

>It's all lies and it's shattering before your own very eyes with each dig and genetic research.
Ah yes, we are very forunate that genetic research is helping us in the re-evaluation of etymology.

Is it? So far germanic domination over bronze age and iron age poland is getting completely trashed.

the first slaves were slavs obviously.
greeks called them that

What the fuck are you talking about? First you brought up the etmologies of "Slav" and "slave", then you somehow tried to tie this in with genetics, and now you're talking about archaeology and prehistoric cultures? None of your posts have any cohesion or relevance.

slavs were the one who were masters in charge of selling wh*te germanoid subhumans to romans thats why they are synonymous with that word
slavs = slave masters
g*rmanoid = servus = servants

venetians

>all this salt
>all this chauvinism
sorry mate, but the etymology of about a dozen European languages links slaves with Slavic people, without having second thoughts about racism or untermensch or propaganda, because the word was coined a thousand years ago, long before people would think in such categories. The only reason they enslaved slavs was because those were the nearest heathens around and enslaving Christians was haram.

Your opinion is irrelevant. XIX-XX century propaganda goes to sleep. Soon, there will be nothing left of your anti-slavic theories.

Eat shit and die, German niggers.

Hows the weather in Punta Cana?

He is right tho

G*rmans went from HERREN RASSE to mongrelized pre-IEs

>etymology is from the 9th century
>every scingle scientific article states so
>disregard, it's all XX century propaganda

>finns descend from aryan slaves with blonde hair
>end up enslaved later on too

Is that what happened?

>muh XIX-XX
>muh propaganda
I feel like I should be experiencing deja vu every time I read your posts, you repeat the same spiel in every thread.

My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Imagine being a pan-germanistic trash in modern day of age. hhahahahaahahahahahaha

Soon you will be reduced to irrelevant fucking monkeys, as it slowly turns out that majority of relevant Germanic tribes were in fact Celts, Balts and Slavs.

also g*rmanoid subhumans are known in SLAV languages as "mute" people which means that they were too retarded to communicate with them so they abandoned their shitty lands and went east where they could practice agriculture in peace leaving cities like berlin (swamp in old slavic) to g*rmanoids which probably started their civilization

Go fuck off back to Sarmatia idiot

I find it hilarious that you were the one who brought up pan-German theories here , not us.

Maybe you don't remember, but the topic of conversation was the etymologies of "Slav" and "slave", not the cultural/linguistic affiliations of irrelevant prehistoric cultures.

You clearly have some kind of obsession or fixation on Germans and archaeological cultures. I suggest you check out The Apricity, you will find yourself in good company there.

i would bash your fucking small skull you wh*Te subhuman

prepare to die, n*Rdoid mongrel

i suggest you shut your whore mouth you wh*Te subhumanoid cuckold

it's a slaVic century and you're not invited, mongrel

g*rmonid archaeology is a joke, they tried to appropriate slavic settlements as their own to fabricate their ancient relevance forgetting that it were slavs who introduced them to civilization by selling them to romans

Not even a slav, but have some cultural influence from them.
Slav is deeply in words related to speech(word, praise, whatever).

>euphoricfrench
mightyEb1brews *

this
BLACK sea belonged to slavs and crimean peninsula was center of slave trade where slavs (slave masters) sold g*rmonids to romans and then byzantines for centuries

slav = black

you will never defeat the black warrior you subhumanoid wh*Te g*Rmanoid trash

webm related, g*Rmanoid woman with the black warrior

>and then they wonder why no one takes them serious...

what the fuck is wh*Te g*Rmanoid problem

pic related, their "Aryan" """""men""""

what the fuck, they were made for the black saRmatian warrior

>WE WUZ INDO ARYAN N SHIT

lmao, what the fuck

suck my slaVoid dick, you wh*Te subhumans

it only takes few seconds for aRyan female to suck BIG POLISH KIEŁBASA

>no, I totally don't have an autistic condition, why do you ask?

Suevi = Slavs, based Suovianie were rekting g*Rmanoid asshole since forever

g*rmans tried to steal Suevi for themsleves, but they forgot that Schwaben means "Suaby - weak" in Slavic

i'm fucking laffin at you wh*Te subhumanoids

serbs got their name from the word "servus" as well and were identified as "servians" and country "servia" untill the late 19th century

so are they like double slaves or something

my black ancestors, to this day there are traces of sLavic settlement in Bretagna, Spain and Portugal.

jassa.org/?p=4516

g*Rmanoid scum will pay for stealing our history

RHINELAND SPOKE FRENCH until the 9th century, Western """"G*rmans"""" are G*rmanized French.Western Germans must abandon their barbarous tongue and go back to their French roots.

>Rex (a) in pagum Warmacensem, locuturus Heinrico Transrhenensi, concesserat. Huc quoque Erlebaldus comesadvenit, apud regem deploraturus a Remensium metropolitano sese immaniter habitum. Heinricus apud regemde (b) rerum dispositionibus fidelissime satagebat. Cui reicum (c) admodum intenderet, Germanorum Gallorumquejuvenes linguarum (d) idiomate (d) offensi, ut eorummos est, cum multa animositate maledictis sese lacessire (e)coeperunt; consertique gladios exerunt, ac se adorsi, letaliter sauciant.

>Charles(the Fat) went to the country of Worms to discuss with Heinrich from beyond the Rhine. The count Erlebald came to complain to the king how the metropolitan of Rheims mistreated him. While Heinrich was busy discussing with the king, young Gauls and Germans, shocked by the difference of language, became angry (according to their habits) until the point they cursed at each others, and, unsheating their swords, started to kill each others.

>until the 9th century
i mean the 10th century

>Charles(the Fat)
I mean Charles the Simple

Meh, that doesn't necessarily need to a be a bad thing, like the Venetians called their Dalmatians Schiavo, but that didn't stop them from being the finest warriors in the Adriatic region. They even named a sword after them, how cool is that?

time to take your pills

I thought they were both slaves AND slavers. Basically people associated with the institution. Slav meeans "people of the word"

But if they were slaves in the 9th century what happened next that it stopped? In the 9th and 10th century the first slavic states emerged and by the year 1000 they were already a strong and important part of European christendom.

They just were unlucky to be heathen at the high time of the Frankish empire(s), back then slavery was a cherished institution, but it was totally taboo to enslave fellow Christians, so they just attacked the nearest non Christians they could take on. The name stuck in many languages. Same mechanism why all European looking people are called Franks (Farangi) in large parts of the oriental world to this day.
Wouldn't be a big deal, but apparently Slavics still get triggered by that bit of history, which makes it all the sweeter.

In the 10th and 11th century German "bishops" tried to explain Slavic dominance over Central-Eastern Europe by memeing that they're Eastern Germanics. Adam of Bremen stated that West Slavs are Vandals. But Germans quickly changed their policy towards Slav to justify their push to the East with the Pripet marches bullshit. They even tried to put Slavs at Urals.

Slav comes from slovo/slava. Not from "slave". That's what triggers people.

German ancestors were slaves to everyone for centuries, how come no one shits on that?

Samo mozes prihvatiti da nam popusis kurac kada opet razvalimo Berlin i obnovimo genetsku strukturu Njemacke sa jos slovenskih gena.

Looks like they were calling themselves that and other peoples just took this word and used it to describe something else.

Stop being a fucking retard. see Why the fuck would they call themselves slaves you moron?

They named their children, for example "Boguslavus" meaning "Glory to god"

I assume you refer to the Chronica Slavorum by Helmond von Bosau, because there is no primary source preserved of Adam von Bremen. That would be 12th century. Also he didn't identify anybody as eastern Germanics (state source/quote please if you disagree), though he misidentified the Prussi as Slavics albeit they are Baltics.

>Slav comes from slovo/slava. Not from "slave". That's what triggers people.
Yes we agree on that. It is just that Slave comes from Slav in most European languages. It is not that complicated.

It didn't. It's just a misinterpretation to fit the political agenda.

>Why the fuck would they call themselves slaves you moron?
They didn't calle themselves slaves. Everbody else called a forced labourer a slave because so many slavs were made slaves during the time. Too complicated for you?

You fucking retard. G*rmnoid scum could never beat slavs. They were losing most of their wars against SARMATIAN WARRIORS and had to use tactics like
>The Polish duke however had no intention to hand over the city and ordered the defense of Głogów. After the five days were up, King Henry began to barrage the town. Breaking his promise, he chained the child hostages to his siege engines, hoping that the people of Głogów would not shoot their own offspring
as you can see g*rmnoids were pathetic even thousands of years ago
When one of g*rman emperors visited Poland he shat himself when he saw how huge SARMATIAN army is and how rich they are, he received many gifts from SARMATIAN king who wanted to give g*rmonids another chance but once he returned to his g*rmnoid brethren they immediately assassinated him because they got jealous by how suddenly rich he became

In their language it didn't mean slave.
Kind of like "Polack" is simply derived from the way Poles pronounce the name of their nationality and is completely a neutral term.

etymology is pretty clear on that one, in a dozen different European languages. deal with it.

shut the fuck up wh*Te subhuman

oTtoid subhuman was delued to think that he would simply return from saRmatian land to his g*Rmanoid shithole unharmed

it's in g*Rmanoid blood to be greedy jewish,pieces of dog's asshole, they would kill their own for a piece of gold

based BoleSlav made a mistake of not exterminating g*Rmanoid subhuman trash

>For Latins it's: servus, escravo, schiavu, esclavo, esclau, esclave (Someone who serves)
>For Slavs it's Rob, Rab, Rub (Someone who always works)
>For Greek it's doúlos (Someone who is bounded)
>For germanics it's an ethnic group...
I guess, soon we will have a new word for people who intermix to extinction...

>"Kara Boga" in slavic literally means "Wrath of God"

I think whats most interesting ITT are the fanciful answers from our Slavic friends.

Fight the fire with fire.

More like talking to a 12 year old ADHD patient with Ritalin withdrawal syndrome.

don't speak to me wh*Te subhuman

You're getting trolled to oblivion by a kara boga shitposter.

You mean like the posts nobody answers or even reads? Sure thing mate.

Slavs were extremely overpopulated, so they were selling a lot of their generic trash (and captured men in wars like Finnics, called "Chuds" by them) mainly to Arabs and Vikings.

Wrong. Original Slavs were Nordic Aryans ;)

Is this The perfect NORDIC MAN?

Looks Ashkenazi

He's not a man... He's A NORIC GOTT!

If you don't look remotely like this perfect embodiment of nordicism, you should kill yourself, untermenschen.

>untermenschen
That's a plural you monkey.

No, eyes too wide from eachother, hair too dark, mongrelized lips, too wide nose.

Pic related Icelander is an example of the most archaic-looking modern Nordic (Indo-European) survivors.