Why don't Catholics obey the bible?

Why don't Catholics obey the bible?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uAPXNfav
youtube.com/watch?v=lFPM4ICNy14
christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/5412/why-isnt-the-cross-considered-an-idol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They can't, and still teach what they want to teach. So they elevated their traditions to the level of the bible, and then disregarded the bible completely. They're off doing their own thing.

Daily Reminder that Catholics are not Christians.

>catholics are not christians
They believe in jesus christ, so they are christians. Maybe not very good christians, but christians none the less. Thats like saying isis arent real muslims cuz they kill people, they still believe in muhammed and allah.

Because even Jew worshipers need a watered down version of of Judaism so that they can larp about how European it is.

Underrated post that will be completely ignored.

>Jews does not hate christianism
>implying

>'merikan protestantism

Its funny considering many modern protestants critique Catholics for not following scripture word for word and then go to church on Sunday (a catholic implementation). Real niggas keep things holy from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Shallom brothers.

they stopped reading it and starting thumping people with it (see: spanish)

>Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Matthew 12:30

>And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 16:18-19

>The one who hears you (Peter) hears me, and the one who rejects you rejects me, and the one who rejects me rejects Him who sent me.
Luke 10:16

>I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
John 10:14-16

>When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.”
John 21:15-17

What's the point of Sola Scriptura if you are illiterate?

>Implying Christianity wasn't created as a Trojan horse to weaken the Roman Empire.

>then go to church on Sunday
According to the bible, Sunday is the Christian sabbath.

>Being this stupid

The thing I love about that "Every single action of God took place in that tiny circle" argument is that like the similar comic where God is depicted as explaining his masterful plan to tell illiterate goatherds his plan instead of the Chinese, it completely ignores the fact that the plan was an absolutely overwhelming success, to the point that the largest religion on Earth is the one He founded and the second largest is bad fanfiction of that one.

If the plan works its not a stupid plan.

>Worshiping a Jewish popsicle and taking desert people fairy tales for the word of god.
>Calls others stupid
Pick one

>1. Can’t even call my dad “father”?
>2. Sure, but it’s not the priest forgiving us, it’s God. The priest is just guiding us on how to do penance and do better in the future.
>3. We don’t pray to them, we ask them to pray for us.
>4. Pretty sure that’s never been included in dogma, but I might be wrong.
>5. Again, we don’t pray to Mary, we ask her to pray for us. The prayer litterally goes “Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death”, how could that be mistaken for praying to her?
>6. You do realise people don’t actually worship/pray at the statues, right?

Also, do protestants believe the Bible is litterally the word of God ? I thought only the Muslims with the Coran did that.

>circle doesn’t even include Arabia

>Implying Christianity spread because it was such a "great plan" and not because illiterate goatherds and the fools (((they))) converted slaughtered anyone who dared challenge them.
>pastebin.com/uAPXNfav

Since this is a meme thread, why do Protestant celebrate Christmas when is just some pagan festivity hijacked by some pope

Because it is the only way they can stay relevant in the modern age. They are a dying breed as it is and will do anything to keep people going to church.

>the entire story of the New Testament is litterally “Christians are God’s chosen people, the Jews left are those that rejected the Messiah and are cursed to roam the earth”
>one parable telling you to be the bigger man in an argument, not succumbing to anger means do not defend yourself ever. Is Stoicism a cuck philosophical stance as well?
>Germanic Pagans destroying the Empire, but Christianity is somehow at fault

>slaughtered anyone who dared challenge them.
ohNo_thatSuccs.jpeg
They where just barbarians anyways

>Why don't Catholics obey the bible?

Why don't Catholics worship God?

youtube.com/watch?v=lFPM4ICNy14

Don't worry user it'll eventually be nuked.

>ohNo_thatSuccs.jpeg
No this is the guy that succs.

you got any senpai here you care about? I dont

hell if the gooks got 2 what these cunts deserve. fuck

Because they're Christians. If they obeyed the Bible, they'd be Jews.

Catholics aren't Christian

>Is Stoicism a cuck philosophical stance as well?
It's THE cuck philosophical stance.

Show me the verses that say exactly that

It's funny you should say that.

That wasn't the point of the image though.

There's something wrong with you image, user. It says "word of god", but then it cites the bible, which is a work of man.

May as well just cite any random religous text at that rate; are Christians really so in love with the works of man?

lol the people who decided which books to include in the Bible followed Catholic and Orthodox theology

And who gave you the Bible?

For that matter, why do proddies defend the trinity and the NT canon?

also why are protestan ok with mormons and many other strange protestant sect but get so pedantic about catholics

Uh, it's Jesus's birthday? I mean it might not literally be that day, but we don't know the real date anyways.

Old Testament and there's too many other books we have to read like the Roman missal

What about not celebrating it or choosing another date

This is so fucking stupid lmao
The easiest thing is "praying to mary/saints" only those that do not know very well do it, you're supposed to ask Mary or a saint to pray for you.

Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2, Revelation 1:10

Why would we choose another date when we successfully convinced a bunch of pagans to stop using the solstice to worship their nature gods and instead use it to remember the birth of Christ? It was a complete success.

You tell me, you are the guys that went around saying that the papacy is the anti-christ, satan, whatever and everything not corroborated by the scriptures isn't ok

Probably not the guys who burned to death anyone who dared translate the bible

Choosing a day to remember something significant to the faith is not the same as practicing/believing something outright denied by scripture.

>Proceeds to leap through the fire.

God doesn't exist, but paganism is a nigger-tier religion.

Interesting, I'm pretty sure if you look at statistics for religions in Africa it says quite the contrary. Islam and Christianity are real hot stuff for the negro.

They dead. How are they gonna pray for you?

>We totally don't believe this giuz!
>*worships image*
>*buys indulgence*
>*practices cannibalism*

They live forever in Heaven.

The belief is that they are in Heaven, and able to pray for you up there. I mean isn't that obvious...

>In Jesus name
What's with this grammar? I always hear it from Evangelical types.

You forgot the apostrophe

That's how they write or say it. It sounds weird, like saying "In God Name"

Yes, and they're correct. In Jesus' Name.

English isn't your first language, is it

Look at the OP image: there's no apostrophe.

There's no punctuation at all

The OP image also uses commas to denote verse numbers. Who knows what the fuck is going on with it.

Alright Goldberg that's enough posting

That's why I'm asking.

You might not agree with Protestantism today, but I think we call all agree that the Protestant reformation was a purification of Christianity and a return to an older and more authentic form of the religion. I mean, it's just kind of obvious.

They were trying to prevent this.

It was made by some schizo American prottie, that’s what’s wrong with it.

Americans don't use that format for verses.

>They were trying to prevent true Christianity
I know, but God had other plans

To embarrass Christians? I guess it's working.

Which of the 30000 different denominations is "true Christianity"?

All of them

"Assyrian" isn't considered Orthodox. Orthodox-style iconography and terminology not used.

>that nose

The cross is an Idol.
Worshipping the cross or Jesus, is Idol worship, which is the greatest offence to god according to.
The Torah, the Quran, and certainly the Christian Bible.

We don't worship the cross. christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/5412/why-isnt-the-cross-considered-an-idol

>call no man father
So am I suppose to call my father by his first name or what?

Jesus is talking about spiritual fatherhood, which is what the Romish priests claim.

bump

>call no man father
>I and the Father are one

Looks like a case of "do as I say, not as I do."

>thew jews are the enemy of christians for your sake
agree or disagree you christian dogs who should be fed to Muslim horses?

>he's saying religious authorities can't take the place of God in your life, tnot that you literally can't use the word 'father' to describe priests
>"Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven"- Jesus gave the authority to his apostles
>literally just asking other people to pray to God for you, except they're just already in Heaven
>see above
>see above
>veneration of icons, relics, etc. != adoration of God

>call no one father but the Father
>"wtf Jesus why are you calling the Father father?"

The devil believes in Jesus Christ.

Is the devil a Christian?

What bullshit.

Popes have been calling themselves the Vicar of Christ, i.e. Jesus' stand-in here on earth, for thousands of years.

Vicar of Christ in Latin = Antichrist in Greek.

It's total bullshit. They call Mary the co-mediatrix equal to Jesus, and they call Mary the Mother of God, meaning she is God.

Jesus being the Son of God means Jesus is God.

Mary being the Mother of God means Mary is God.

They're abominations and blasphemers, pagans all.

>They're abominations and blasphemers, pagans all.
desu the more I read about paganism and the surviving lore, the more I wish Christianity hadn't fucked it all up.
That shit was cool as fuck, and now all we have are a handful of sources and bastardized folklore to describe a set of religious beliefs that once spanned a continent. So much history, so much culture, destroyed. All so people could embrace a tradition they don't understand, with a literary elite who can't stop disagreeing with one another.
I mean, paganism was even less homogeneous. But still. Bad feel.
I want to be an abomination, blasphemer, and pagan, but the enlightenment successfully excised my ability to feel spirituality, and I know better than to worship any of the Frankensteinian abominations that people are trying to pass off as the "real" religions of ancient Europe.
Worst feel.

Why would they care about your prayer? Why don't you just pray directly to God like a normal person? Are you implying a lesser being can influence the actions and thoughts of the Almighty?

>They call Mary the co-mediatrix equal to Jesus
no we don't

>they call Mary the Mother of God, meaning she is God
no she isn't

>Jesus being the Son of God means Jesus is God.
technically there are many "sons of God" (angels and good people); there are many complex reasons to call Jesus consubstantial with Father with a title "Son" being only one of them

>Mary being the Mother of God means Mary is God.
No, it doesn't mean that. Mary was, is and will be human. Only very very holy one.