BTC Noob Here - Please Help

OK guys. I accept that BTC isn't just a meme. So respectfully, I'm asking for help in getting started. I understand the concept of a wallet, and exchanges (generally). I would like to keep fees to an absolute minimum. I live in the USA, if that helps. Right now I'm looking at different wallets, and exchanges. I'm not planning on using BTC for spending. I just want to invest (when the next crash happens) and then hold for a long while.

Can someone please recommend a good desktop wallet (secure, easy-to-use), and a good exchange, with low rates?

Also, I see there is USDT (Tether).... this is a new concept to me. I thought I could just buy BTC with USD, and sell it for USD, like a stock. This is really all I'm hoping to do, with as little fees as possible. I'll worry about ETH and others once I learn more.

Please be nice, Anons. I'm sure there are plenty of other noobs looking to get involved. Any real advice is appreciated.

There's no more crashes left you idiot. It's a non stop rocket from here, you had your chance for weeks now.

Go to Coinbase, use them, trade on Gdax or Bittrex , your welcome

>>calls me an idiot
>>no advice on wallets or exchanges or anything
respectfully, fuck off.
NEXT please

Buy high
sell low

Go back to your stocks faggot.

NO SHIT

thank you, user.
are there fees associated with Coinbase?

Make an account on coinbase. Go to gdax.com and make a limit order and you will pay zero fees.

Gdax.com is just the pro-trading platform for coinbase. Your steps should be deposit on coinbase, wait for deposit to clear (takes like 6 days on average), go to gdax.com and click deposit, use coinbase account as the funding wallet and then set a buy limit order at the price you would like to pay. Zero fees. IF you make a market order maybe you'll pay like .2%.

can I interest you in a little coin called Digibyte? It's basically bitcoin, but better in every way. It avoids all the problems of of bitcoin like slow speeds and a high price.

No thanks. I made 14K betting on Trump last year and would like to roll that into something profitable. I don't trust (((stocks))). Faggot.

If you buy direct from coinbase you'll pay like 3 percent fees last I checked. It's just for lazy and dumb people.

Yup , but in all honesty i consider it worth it, reliable site, as for trading in ETH LTC or BTC ppl say Gdax i have never used it but they say fee's are lower correct me if im wrong. Bittrex in my opinion is best for alt/shit coin trading.

Awesome! Thanks, user.

Looks like I will be checking out GDAX. Thanks, user.

That exchange does not sell Digibyte. Please check out Poloniex and buy the coin there under the ticker DGB.

So, what about USDT? I see that all over the place. I don't have to worry about it? I can just trade straight USD for BTC and vice-versa?

New ath new dumb money in kek

Is it backed in gold ore, or lapis?

Sharpies.

gross. kek.

>Cant even quote well
>Previous nocoiner who thought we were delirious retard
>entitled to answers, thinks Veeky Forumsraelis are here for his personal benefit
I smell a dirty redditor. Lurk moar!

Some use usdt to avoid taxes rather than cashing out to fiat. Some say It's a ticking time bomb.

How quick can you trade bitcoins in the uk?

Easiest wallet is 'electrum' you can send your btc there.

not a redditor, shillbot.
Oy Gevalt.

ok cool; so it's not required, just another step if one chooses. Thanks!

Buy and hodl bitcoin.

Take 10% of your portfolio or whatever you want and research some shitcoins.

With shitcoins work in term of bitcoin value. Your only goal with shitcoin is to accumulate more bitcoin so you invest in shitcoin with bitcoin.

I probably wouldnt get into bitcoin now, it crossed the 5000 threshold for the first time ever so FOMO is rampant. It will correct in a bit. Look at historical graphs to get an idea. That being said, dont try and time the market and wait for the lowest part of the dip, you wont catch it but buying in at the ATH like right now sucks.

Leave your shit on the exchanges if you want to avoid fees. And avoid any unnecessary transfers. If youre paranoid, move everything you dont need for trading to whatever offline wallet.

Prime hodl shitcoins are ark and link. Real cheap right now.

1D85oQtCgWBNg1VE9zcc85Sfw7xPNksf3y

Gimme dem tips. Maybe ill pay you back principle n some interest ya neva know

I'm a dirty American, so I wouldn't know, but I would assume it depends on your internet connection... could be wrong though; I'm totally new to this

Buy a Trezor to hold your coins, no web-wallet bullshit

wow, actual good advice. good on you for not being a cunt.

It depends on the blockchain and miners fag, not internet speed. Also fuck you self deprecating american. Be proud of who you are, did you not make money off trump?

kek, thanks user.

I have looked at the historical chart, and am guessing it will probably drop down somewhere between 2000 and 3500, then go up to around 7,500-10,000 before another crash, and so on

I could be way off. Doesn't matter yet; I don't own any.

Thank you for educating me. And you're right. I'm proud of who I am, but not the Federal Reserve system and its war machine which has tarnished the image of my nation worldwide.

Why would you buy bitcoin now and not at the next dip/correction? There's too much money being pumped into this, too much risk

Might be right might be wrong. Welcome to crypto. Nobody has a clue whats goin on.

I made my desired btc position a while back so im only working with shitcoins.

If it hits anywhere round 4000 id buy buy buy. Even easier, just dollar cost average the downturn and you cant lose.

Or you could, its magic internet beans we're talking about here. Anything goes

*tips hat*
Thank you sir, for all the advice.
I'll see if I can figure out how to send you a tip once I get situated.

Sir pls