He died on this day 12 years ago

He died on this day 12 years ago.

F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DljWMCqsMtY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_uprisings_in_Iraq
nbcnews.com/id/8420885/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/most-suicide-bombers-iraq-are-foreigners/#.Wka5E9-nHIU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dujail_Massacre
washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/iraq/timeline/062793.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Iraq_War
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ljk71ojFNw
fortune.com/2017/01/20/oil-gas-isis-syria-assad/
newsweek.com/how-syrias-assad-helped-forge-isis-255631
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

Why do they have to kill all the good men?

F

Find me a more based quote, i challenge you

It's a cruel world, boys.

>abloo bloo bloo muh psychopathic kleptocrat
You bootlickers really are the most pathetic faggots alive.

Fuck him. Only reason people like him it's because he was "le based strongman that killed terrorists". Most of the violence that has followed after the invasion is a result of his idiotic management of religious tensions between Sunnis and the Shi'a majority. Hopefully Iraq will now recover and stop being a cultist shithole

>hopefully iraq will now recover
t. average shitraeli/american damage-control political statement.
Iraq will never recover as long as the following exist: USA, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia.
Grow up. Fucking assblasted kurds

>only modern Arab country that came close to a "superpower" or anything better than a degenerate 3rd world shithole
>first (and only?) secular arab country
>smited Islamists
>controlled one of the most volatile, turbulant regions in the world
>ran over rich sister-fucking arab oil lords with his tanks, dropped SCUDs on Israel
Will there ever be a similarly based Arab leader? Assad's only achievements are getting a strong army and keeping Moshe on his toes, but he kept Syria a shithole. While Saddam developed Iraq.

activate democracy

youtube.com/watch?v=DljWMCqsMtY

>>only modern Arab country that came close to a "superpower" or anything better than a degenerate 3rd world shithole
stopped reading there

Saddam was the first Arab leader and country to develop nuclear weapons until Moshe took them out secretly with an airstrike (similar to what they did with Syria).

This fact may challenge you and be inconsistent with your narrow viewpoint, but it is true.

>having nukes makes you a super power
yeah, the world trembles in the shadow of the giant Pakistan and India.

F

Are you dyslexic? I never said Iraq was a superpower, merely it was an approach towards a small 3rd-world superpower (and a real global power compared to what surrounded it
>Nuclear program
>3rd/4th largest army in the world
>highest local GDP
>most geopolitically important and vital country, both east and west trying to maintain and form relations with
fits the profile of a low-key superpower. Are you a Kurd by any chance?

>Are you dyslexic?
are you, the post I responded to said he was close to making iraq the first superpower in the mideast, then you responded with muh nukes. fuck off you alt-right brainlet

Shlomo may have hid like a bitch when a huge gang got his back, but he can't Mossad the Assad.

lol

You're off by a year, OP.

It's almost 2018.

Truly in the footsteps of MLK and Gandhi

Wow the media jissed in your eyes and you fucking took it like a pro

The collapse in religious relations in iraq was mostly the result of islamist terrorists who were only able to even enter the country because of the merican invasion, this is well documented. Furthermore i actually know people from iraq and according to them anyone will tell you it was better under saddam, he was completely secular and there was no religious conflict. Furthermore the economy grew massivley under his rule before the war with iran.

To be fair though the war with iran was a collossal failure.

Also he tried to prevent GREATER KURDISTAN

>islamist terrorists who were only able to even enter the country because Bashir Assad allowed them to flood into the country through Syria

fixed that for you

>Everyone will tell you it was better under Saddam
Implying this needs verification. The only people who would tell you otherwise are either assblasted kurds or Jews. Even Shi'ite Iraqis I know are saying Saddam is better than the prima nocta rape islamic state and millions dead, dying or displaced and the country turned into a hardcore wild-west.

To some people it's challenging to their few brain-cells to comprehend that any middle-eastern war that has moshe's fingerprints, it will instantly mean there will be no future in the region. Just look at Libya, merimutts never learn.

It doesn't work that way, Moshe. You have the politics of the region ass-backwards.

Maybe it's a challenging subject for you. Don't worry that doesn't make you different than any other average amerimutt with his brain turned off.

>prima nocta rape

Correct but also only reinforces the validity of what i said

the terrorist flooded in through Syria you stupid faggot.

>1 guy did it, therefor it's ok that thousands do it
Have you, like, stepped out of your sheltered snow-flake status, dug around, and saw any of the videos that casual ISIS terrorists are recording in their everyday lives in Iraq?

>completely secular

Sunni held almost all government posts.

>no religious conflict

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_uprisings_in_Iraq

The government was slaughtering Shiites pretty openly.

Saddam might have been an improvement over the current state, but he was still the worst ruler in the region by far.

>the us armed forces couldnt even patrol a border properly

No wonder theyre getting overrun by mexicans

No, amerimutt.
Let me explain it to you, I'll try to use simple language so you won't be challenged.

>USA topples Saddam
>we must press the muh freedumb meme, so pull out every sunni from the govt and put in a Shia
>oh shit, the hugely majority-government is now stomping on anyone else, including Sunnis
>sunnis are now pissed off and are turning to terrorism and insurgency
>Iran and Syria reply by moving in their own terrorists
>democrazy ensues
Is that clear enough?

>the worst ruler in the region by far
How do you know? were you there?
Have you been to, say, Saudi Arabia? Answer honestly.

Why do people so blatantly evil bother saying shit like this? I just don't understand the mindset behind it. It's not as if anyone but the most delusional will remember him as anything other than the bloodthirsty psychopath that he actually was, and he clearly didn't believe in what he said, given that his entire regime was built on hatred/fear.

What is fucking wrong with these people, honestly.

>people will remember him as a bloodthirsty psychopath
Jews are not people

you boy Assad is the main reason terrorist flooded into the country. The vast majority of them were foreigners, not Iraqs. This alt-right love for these shitty dictators is so fucking stupid. And your logic makes no sense at all user.

nbcnews.com/id/8420885/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/most-suicide-bombers-iraq-are-foreigners/#.Wka5E9-nHIU

so does the 25 year rule not matter at all any more?

Sunnis held many posts yea, doesnt mean the regime discriminated on religohs grounds or there was significant religious conflict

>1991 uprising

It happened across society, many sunnis were involved aswell and killed aswell, remember the kurds are all sunni

>worst ruler

Literally any ruler of egypt since nasser, the shah

guy did it
No, the son of the glorious leader you are praising so much. He used the peoples money to finance his greedy degenerate life style of partying and drugs while raping the women of Iraq. This is who you are praising in your misguided angsty contrarianism user. sort yourself out

I was born in 1995 and I've never been further east than Switzerland or further west than New Orleans.

I still don't know of any times where the Saudi Arabian government attacked their own citizens with nerve gas or picked a fight with the entire planet and then lost.

The only competitors for Iraq in terms of "race to the bottom" are places like Lebanon and Yemen, that had no centralized leadership of note.

Nope, it's the US occupation banning the leading secular Sunni party, privatizing the economy, and purging the civil service. He wasn't a good guy, but better him than a war-torn shithole or a US client state.

Egypt isn't as shitty as Iraq, and Saddam wasn't contemporaneous with the Shah.

>It happened across society

Yes, including an open Shia insurgency against the ruling Sunni government.

Things didn't just suddenly change direction in 2003, Iraq had been getting worse for at least the decade before that.

>its assads fault iraq fell into sectarian civil war
>not because the west invaded
>not because they didnt have enough troops to occupy the country
>not because they completely disestablished the iraqi army turning them into insurgents overnight
>not because they completely failed to rebuild the iraqi state in the wake of the invasion
>not because they couldnt even secure the countrys borders afer invading it
>not because the invades hab basically zero plan for what to do post war
>it was all assad!

someone should take all these underage naive snowflakes, tie them to a seat and make them watch ISIS's hollywood execution production or a day of Mosul and than beat the shit out of them.

>multiple people cannot be at fault for the same event
>Assad was a gud boi he dindu nuffin

>>its assads fault iraq fell into sectarian civil war
well yeah, it kind of is since hes the one who let those insurgents flood into the country in the first place.

Explain to me, brainlet.
Why would Assad flood terrorists into Iraq.

To decrease American influence in the region and spread the influence of pan-national Shiite paramilitary groups.

The same exact thing they did in Lebanon.

Egypt wasnt invaded by the usa and had worse standards of living than iraq did pre 1991

There was a islamist shia component to the uprisings but there were also communists and democrats and kurdish nationalists and ba'athist oppositionists, it wasnt the sectarian rising your making it out to be

It is true the war with iran was a stupid move that harmed the country, as aas the war with kuwait, which he probably would have gotten away with a year earlier or later, but ultimatley it wasnt that bad, when there wasnt war the country was developing thanks to oil revenue and there was never the kind of sustained national chaos we see post 2003

Why does this man trigger Jews so much?

Also sadda, was contempraneous with the shah, get your dates right

>to decrease the influence of the americans
Americans decreased the influence of americans themselves, they did that fine on their own by a fact small known to you; they put Shi'ites in all positions of power.
Now answer this; are you fucking retarded?

Tell me why did Assad team up with the coalition

>it wasnt that bad

It resulted in the country eventually being invaded and occupied by foreign powers, during which time it descended into civil war.

>it wasnt the sectarian rising your making it out to be

It wasn't exclusively sectarian, but to say that there was no sectarian violence in Iraq prior to 2003 is a straight-up lie.

Even in the 80s, his security services were massacring Shiites for perceived political disloyalty

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dujail_Massacre

Never contradicted either of those statments, but overall the west started the fire, assad just fueled it
Wrong, the insurgency bad already begun before the invasion was over with ba'ath loyalists attacking occupying troops and later the whole iraqi army going insurgent after the occupyers disbanded it. Assads role sending insurgents was significant but ot a primary factor, iran also sent insurgents but neither of these two events were what started the insurgency in iraq, that was the invasion, no one who understands anything about iraq doubts this.

Furthermore if the west had actually thought its shit through and sent sufficent troops and also worked out how to patrol a border it wouldnt have mattered who assad sent

Stop being retarded and avoiding the truth user. This is how real world politics works. He didnt want American influence in Iraq, so he flooded the country with terrorist in an attempt to sabotage their efforts in establishing a new government. Its called a proxy war

Do you think any other Arab leader wouldn't do this?

What are exactly your points in Saddam being a bad guy? he was a meanie who shot a few people who were against the government? are you sure we're talking about the middle east?

>12 years
time flies when your life is a nightmare i guess

>country with substantial Shiite and Sunni population
>stir up trouble between Shia and Sunni
>use the power vacuum to create Shiite paramilitary groups whose true loyalty is to Damascus and Tehran
>use said paramilitary groups to de facto occupy your neighbors and exert influence in the region

This is the same playbook they've been using since Lebanon, and they're currently doing it to Yemen.

You contradicted yourself and resorted to ad-hominem? bravo.

Good

He looks so charming, sorta like your Italian uncle

t. kurd choking on mustard gas

I didnt, and you cant really bitch about ad hominem when you have done nothing this entire thread but call people jews when they dont dick ride saddam

The country being invaded was entierly bush and blairs fault dont be silly

I never said there was never sectarian violence ever, i simply pointed out that youre making it out as if there was some kind of serious religious conflic in iraq pre 2003 and there simply wasnt, there were issues but there are such issues in many countries, protestant catholic issues in northern ireland were far worse than sunni shia relations in iraq pre 2003

The reason the war started was because Sunni Islamists finally got a breath of fresh air and got pissed off at the evil infidels putting their lackies (Shi'ites) into power. Assad and Iran moving their own gangs in was reactionary, retard.

>e-everyone was doing it he only massacred a few people!
youre an idiot user.

>Do you think any other Arab leader wouldn't do this

Well, nobody else did.

I'm not sure there's any stronger evidence then that.

Again, Saddam refused an ultimatum from essentially the entire planet to vacate Kuwait.

He then followed this up by trying to assassinate the man who kicked his ass.

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/iraq/timeline/062793.htm

He then followed this up by violating all of the terms he'd agreed to do to get the US to stop bombing him, including trying to shoot down US aircraft enforcing the No fly zones.

Bush made a mistake in invading Iraq, but Saddam was an absolute idiot to get invaded.

>ISIS is ok in my book
You're a fucking blithering moron, user.

>Assad started it all
yeah, thats what we have argued since the beginning user. keep posting random shit about jews in place of an actual argument or reason for your irrational worship for some shitty dictator who died when you were most likely 7 years old

>protestant catholic issues in northern ireland were far worse than sunni shia relations in iraq pre 2003

More people died in the first month of the 1991 uprisings than in the entire Troubles in Northern Ireland.

except I have done nothing even remotely close as praising ISIS user. Keep being a retard though who worships a mass murdering dictator with a hedonistic rapist son.

>implying Saddam isn't as responsible for ISIS as Bush is

Irrelevant, the 1991 uprising included people from all sections of society and was not a religious conflict as you make it out to be.

>Bush made a mistake in invading Iraq, but Saddam was an absolute idiot to get invaded.
this is the truth, but the thing with these alt-right faggots is that they are binary brained and think there are only good guys and bad guys. So since it was retarded to invade Iraq in 2003, this means Saddam is a heroic leader who dindu nuffin

Absolutley not, pre 2003 iraq was almost devoid of islamist influence, it was the collapse of state control caused by the invasion that made iraq into the world capital of terrorism

>shitty dictator
He did a decent enough job keeping the region stable until the first bush administration used him as a an excuse to advertise the new toys of the military industrial complex.
He was a dick, and kind of brutal, but I don't think you become a national leader in the middle east by inviting everyone over for milk and cookies.

>not all of the participants were Shiite
>this means that it isn't a sectarian conflict when a government kills a shitload of people for being from a specific sect

By dying?
You're desperate to put the blame on Saddam
Tell me why do most Iraqis and Arabs nowdays call Saddam a good guy?

They were killed for rising up not being shi'ite theres a big difference

>keeping the region stable
I know Im not the best historian in the world or anything, but if you post on this board, you are expected to at least know a little bit about history user

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Iraq_War

the entire world ganged up on Saddam in 1991 for a reason user.

Not him but the iran iraq war would have been a far better example

By creating an unstable, corrupt, brutalized shithole, and then starting a fight he couldn't possibly hope to win.

F

F
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ljk71ojFNw

>creating
when and how.
im iraqi and i cant stand the pile of trash you keep saying. saddam was a fuck but he was a strong fuck, the hard love type of man
do u know what fucking happen to iraq before saddam when we had pussy presidents or do you know jackshit about the history of my country
my country was a warzone since british imperialism. you know when it ever only had peace? when saddam was in charge. now im an immigrant living in the gulf like shit, 10 years no citizenship and working like a slave. and some sheltered shiteateing white son of a bitch thinks he can lecture about iraq. go fucking tour iraq nowdays you fucking dumbshit

Any barren shithole's GDP will rise to the stratosphere when basic infrastructre is rebuilt.

None of those things contributed to the creation of isis, the collapse of state control in the wake of the 2003 invasion of iraq is clearly and directly the event that turned a stable non islamist country in a hotbed of terrorism

Saddam had actually thought that 9/11 would lead to better relations with america since he opposed islamism

ISIS is a creation of America, user.
As soon as the proxy gang-war started in Iraq, USA and gulfbros started arming the sunni parties, including ISIS, to tug the country out of the shi'ite insurgents.
It's very basic proxy war phenomena, not sure how much of a brainlet you are to not understand that.

>my country was a warzone since british imperialism.
yeah, those first eight years of Saddams rule being the Iran Iraq war sure were peaceful

>ISIS is a creation of Syria
fixed that for you again. Assad is the one who built up terrorism in order to fight of Americans, and then it blew up in his own retarded face.

fortune.com/2017/01/20/oil-gas-isis-syria-assad/

>abuse the majority of your countries population for decades
>crash the economy with no survivors
>destroy every vestige of rule of law
>people are surprised that the country collapses into chaos as soon as the strongman is gone

Saddam was the knife that created the wound.

Bush was the incompetent asshole who pulled the knife out of the wound and let the blood flow everywhere.

There is a reason that this type of intense social collapse didn't occur after the US occupied places like Panama or Japan, and it's not just the Middle East being shit, it's specifically Iraqi society having been ruled by fear and hatred for generations.

>a war in iran makes iraq turbulent and un-peaceful
woah

>ISIS is the creation of Syria
this is the winner of today's lowest IQ comment

>how does a war make someone un-peacful
are you actually this fucking retarded or just trolling now?

>it's not just the middle east being shit
>its because of Saddam
Open a map and look at Iran and study their history and I dare you to say the same retarded shit again

amazing response
newsweek.com/how-syrias-assad-helped-forge-isis-255631