MINING GOLD

My family ranch is LITERALLY on top of a gold mine.

The mine was excavated during the 1700s but they stopped mining after water got inside. Is there any way with today's tech to excavate the mine for gold (with minimal damage to the rest of the ranch)? Please help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdskTUeFiFA&index=18&list=PLKhDkilF5o6-rhIm0T7UUuDVYodezk8H0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mining is only worth it if you have really cheap electricity and lots of gpus

Get a shovel and get to digging

just go down and get the gold

you can use special detectors to measure gold, chances are if the mine was flooded and closed prematurely there is still gold in there, might be worth doing more research into it and getting some experts in, if there is gold you can sell sections of the land to let them mine, or even better rent it to them and take a % of whatever is dug up.

dont want to get your hopes up but if you do find gold there are alot of legal hurdles with mining this particular metal

Maybe you should ask an actual gold miner.

Go watch a season of gold rush you fucking brainlet its fucking easy

Why not mine Bitcoin? It's easier.

Find a way to drain the water first. Underwater mining is twice as expensive.

underground is completely full of water

nope, you dont even know if its an underground river, lake or cavern full of water

we need the water for cattle and farming. i'm trying to find a way to get to the gold without fucking up our water supply.

use the water to cool your miners so you can overclock them

to clarify this its possible but youd spend a lot more than youll actually profit, try again in 50 to 100 years when its cost effective enough and we havent mined astroids yet or killed ourselves with nuclear war

Well fuckin swim and shovel then. Havent you ever played minecraft or skyrim or some shit?

>cattle
then just modernize your ranch

>Jim gets machine stuck in mud
> Find 80 ounces
>end season

This is also possible as is hydroelectric

pump the water out? if you need to build some kind of dam it wouldn't worth it, would it?

>low margin industries being subsidized by cable entertainment

Not possible
All existent forms of mining require either the water to be drained or chemicals like mercury etc that will contaminate the water.
Do u think we can transport gold from the mines into the surface magically
Fuck off op.

naw it possible if you throw enough money at it and your crazy enough, the real/fake (depending on your opinion) moon landing has proved this

>Used to be a gold miner
No this is too difficult and not worth the effort.
To extract the gold in an efficient manner you would need lots of water that you can mess with, and a lot of space for the water.
But since you need to keep it clean for animals and farming, there is no way for you to do this in a profitable manner.

Just forget about it. Mining gold is like taking a shot in the dark. Can easily spend tons of money and time and end up with nothing if there isn't enough down there.

Besides it sounds like they had an underground mine, those are dangerous af.

what was mining like the 1700s?

youtube.com/watch?v=gdskTUeFiFA&index=18&list=PLKhDkilF5o6-rhIm0T7UUuDVYodezk8H0
look how hard mining is

do a survey to get a ballpark estimate of what the yield would actually be, then go to a firm that can securitize the mineral rights in a with a clause that precludes tenancy. you might be able to sell it for like 10% of the estimated value of the gold. of course this only makes sense if this is a very high grade mine.

you need to check why theres water.
if they hit an underground river, youre never gonna pump that shit out

lold

>open farm as a tourist stop
>allow people to pay you $5/hr to snorkel for gold
>make them sign liability forms
>profit

best answer so far. thanks.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Why can't you take a diving suit with oxygen and a pickaxe/flashlight?

lmfao

lmao that sounds fucking dangerous

They make underwater flash lights. Would be easy as fuck to mine a pound of gold before your oxygen ran out.

You will want to get a seismic survey to see how much potential gold is left in the mine. If you have history of it being a rich vein, then you will be a great shape. Back in the 1700s, they didn't have the machinery invented to pump large amounts of water. Gold mines in South Africa are miles deep with large pumps and shafts and they are very profitable.

Due to the process, you will have contaminants from the mine, so you will have to deal with that. However, it can be controlled with the right designs and reputable companies.

Gee, I wonder how they found all of that gold in the 1700s/1800s? Fucking government, keeping technology hidden from us