SHE'S BACK

Enough with the fear of fat | Kelli Jean Drinkwater

youtube.com/watch?v=bzlYyhh3X0w

Thoughts?

Holy shit.
You can see HEAR HER become out of breath and see the sweat building up on her forehead.

If thing went on any longer she would have either passed out or sat on the floor.

lmao. Wasn't even too bad until 2:05, literally 1-100000000

>drinkwater
if only

>this is what passes for a tedtalk these days
>Christ

I though only tedX was this shitty

it is Ted X

Ave Maria. I just saw it in the talk as well

If she wants to be Fat and happy that's good for Her, so many people don't like their body. What I don't like is these people claiming they are perfectly healthy and ignoring the increased health risks.

I don't want to have to pay for her lifestyle. I don't want my premiums to go up because of her.

No one is "denied humanity" because they are fat as she puts it. She is claiming to be a victim of something more than people having a vocal opinion and sexual preferences.

is the 539 on the floor a scale or how much time she has left. HAHAHAHHA see jokes like that. Tuffin up. Grow some thicker skin. You can change your weight if it means that much to you. I have to ignore people all the time that I disagree with, why cant these Fat SJWs do that? Why cant they ignore people?

i think she's gotten fatter

>I am the elephant in the room

lost it

she does have a point, i would be less likely to hire a very fat person than a thin person even if the job had nothing to do with weight or physical activity

>outdated BMI chart

yeah the BMI chart is the problem

TED knows the TEDX brand is dead

to be fair, this man is obese on said chart with 6% bodyfat

regardless she must weigh 500lbs the bmi chart is not at fault in her case

>Kelli Jean Drinkwater
she should drinkwater instead of 2 liters of coca cola a day

Being overweight does imply poor discipline and self control so it's not surprising an overweight person would be chosen last for a job.

Exactly. Would you be more likely to hire someone with rotten teeth?

>grow some thicker skin
I wouldn't wanna challenge her to get any thicker

it is discrimination though

Definitely not. Really bad teeth, besides being obvious bad hygiene, is a sign of laziness.

No matter what the job is, if you can't even take care of your own body, how the fuck can I expect them to care about their job?

it's not like height discrimination that is out of someones control

Fat people are lazier, dumber, slower workers, etc. on average. It's rightful discrimination imo.

Let's say you show up at an interview in a t-shirt, shitty jeans and sandals. Is it discrimination to not hire a person based on that? Nope. Poor presentation and laziness is not something an employer is going to like.

>B-BUT I DRESS HOW I WANT TO I AM WHO I AM

I gave it a chance I really did, but I dropped that shit as soon as she spouted the PATRIARCHY! RACISM! bs.

>Let's not sugar coat it

This is a cry for help. I can't believe she's even fatter than in those old photos.

yeah and tall people are more likely to be hired than short people, don't like it? Good luck trying to change basic human biology

I can't believe she wouldn't want something sugar coated tobh

Why waste the energy and time required to coat it when you can just eat the sugar?

Not all fat people are lazy.
I hate fat people that think they are healthy as much as the next time.
But it is discrimination to base someone's weight on laziness.

as much as they next guy

Is it discrimination to consider someones poor clothing choice as lazy?

>Not all fat people are lazy.
well duh user

But if you get a room of 1000 fit people and a room of 1000 fat people and do tests on both. You will find the fit people have a higher IQ, function better, work harder, take less sick days, etc. etc.

So when you see a fat person and a fit person at an interview, of course you are going to naturally discriminate against the fat person.

There are fucking brilliant fat people out there, who aren't lazy. But I'll still take the fit person 99 times out of 100

You could make your same straw man if we were talking about race.
To think all black people are lazy and not hire them because of that is discrimination.

The magnified embodiment of SJW hogwash
I read a study once that correlated obesity with low IQ

More like 2 gallons
t. guy who drank 2 liters of soda a day

>if you get a room of 1000 fit people and a room of 1000 fat people and do tests on both. You will find the fit people have a higher IQ, function better, work harder, take less sick days

Look, I am saying that is not a fact. It sounds reasonable, but there is no scientific data to back up what you are saying.

All fat people are either

> Okay with their body and how they look and don't want to change

Or

> Lazy

This bitch is clearly unhappy with herself (The lady doth protest too much) and is too lazy to change it so she's trying to make everyone else change to accommodate her life choices

So yeah, I wouldn't hire this bitch. Also she's way too preachy to be able to function properly in a workplace

>Not all fat people are lazy.

True, but they are certainly the minority of that group.

There are links between lower IQ and being overweight, but it might be a chicken and an egg scenario.

It's not a straw man and your black person example is not the same Kelly, a person can't help being black or short, they can help being a fatty mc fatfat

I probably wouldn't hire this woman either because of her attitude.
Yet, to look at someone fat and implicitly think they are lazy sounds irrational. Because we can't conclude anything about a person based on their appearance before we get to know them.

Black people don't choose to be colored black retard.
Poor dressers choose their clothes, fat people choose to eat a lot.

I knew you would say something like
>you can't help being black
That's not the point.
You are the one who jumps to the conclusion that if someone is fat, they are lazy. How do you know if the person is not ACTUALLY trying to lose weight? There are tons of Veeky Forums users all the time in those current body threads who post their progress on their weight. They clearly aren't lazy.
Unless you are reading this fat person's resume and it sounds lazy, you can't just discard him because of his appearance of his weight.

>he thinks people can choose their race

1. he isn't morbidly obese.
2. Muscle mass is not directly comparable to visceral fat which fucks with organs
3. Most bodybuilders with even an ounce of integrity will not claim that they are the epitome of health.

You are making a thought on someone's look and assuming they are lazy.
It doesn't make a difference if they can fix it or not. You are the one who is not hiring them because you have this belief they are lazy.

If they are morbidly obese like her then there is a 500% chance that they eat too much, badly, and rarely do anything physical at all.

This isn't me or anyone being prejudiced, this is a fact. Taking part in a marathon once or working out every other half year or so does not change the fact that they are medically obese because of their personal life choices.

Guess what? It's his company so he can choose what he thinks is best. If you're going to feed his family, then you get to choose.

This woman claimed she swam 1.5 kilometers a day. The body shape isn't the only thing to consider, but it's part of it. When the person is obviously delusional nobody in their right mind would hire them.

But you can assume several things, they will have more health issues and so will require more sick days, they will get tired faster (Poor diet = low energy and carrying 300lb of fat around all day will tire you out) and so be less productive, they may start the day just as productive but they will burn out faster and recover slower

Also it's pretty safe to assume they lack willpower and determination, while some fat people are happy with their body and how they look, most aren't. Being unhappy with your appearance but unwilling to change it implies your lazy or can't follow through with things or both. While this is not a gaurentee it is highly likely.

Some fit people will be extremely depressed and mentally unstable and some fat people will be happy with how they appear but you gotta play the odds here

You can do tons physical labor and still be fat as fuck. It most certainly is not a fact that morbidly obese people hardly do physical work.
As long as you are eating more shit than you are doing work, then you are going to be fat.

>"fat phobia is rooted in capitalism"
fucking dogshit, I would love to see her on a tour to DPRK and see a society of liberated fat people. Also, people pay thousands of dollars to see these talks.

I agree. That still doesn't mean it's not discrimination.
As a libertarian, he has the full right not to hire someone if he doesn't want to. You are correct.

> I knew you would say this

Yes, because even you realize how shitty your argument is. You're trying to correlate discrimination of black people with discrimination of fat people because they are both appearances.

However there are several things you can assume about a fat person that are statically likely to be true (Unhealthy, unhappy, lazy) whilst not guaranteed to be true. All you can assume about a black dude is they're black. That's the difference

If they are delusional, then you have a reason not to hire them.
However, if I saw let's say a Veeky Forums user who weighed 400 lbs one time and now is down to 300 lbs (still fat mind you) would you still not hire him because of that?
How do you know that the fat person on the other side of the desk is not trying to lose their weight and was once bigger than they were now?

Yes, it's also statistically likely for a black man to be just as lazy because of their unemployment rates. You can also assume that their IQ is lower because of the Bell Curve Argument.
My point is that you guys are still "assuming" things. We can't do that. You have to know for a fact that this person is not qualified. Not assume.

Same way or don't know they aren't going to die tomorrow from a stroke, you gotta make the best choices based on the limited information you have. Looking at a fat person and an average person you can assume some information on their personalities that will be correct more often than not

Go ahead then. Tell the person that hard working fat person who is genuinely trying to lose weight that you aren't going to hire them because you believe they might have a stroke tomorrow. If that is what you believe, you are discriminating.

Man when did Veeky Forums start trying to defend whales. This place use to be brutal.

There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe they should have had a modicum of self control. Now they pay the consequences.

Look, I agree it is absurd for a fat person to claim they are healthy.
However, if you are going to tell me you see person and automatically come to the conclusion they are lazy, that is ridiculous in my eyes. We have to know more about the person in order to have that analysis.

she's sweating so much and out of breath after a few minutes in

My point is that you don't know that they might be fixing themselves at the point of the job interview.
If you know for a fact that they are lazy, then I can see your point completely on why you shouldn't hire them.

>Just standing and talking makes her breathing audible

@7:00

"There are fat athletes who run marathons, teach yoga, or do kickboxing"

I will guarantee that any non-disabled person would outperform any of these fat cunts within one month of training at any "athletic pursuit"

25 seconds in and you can hear shes out of breath.
Also
>comments disabled for video
HAHAHA

Yes, you can't know. For all I know they're doing the opposite and getting bigger and bigger.

The dislikes on that vid say a lot more than any comments could.

No one said all fat people are lazy.

No reasonable employer would hire solely on that characteristic. But I would strongly assume that given two reasonably identical candidates, a personal appearance trait like weight may (consciously or unconsciously) be factored in.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Being fat is undesirable and reflects poorly on a person. It is indicative of a flaw in ones lifestyle. It doesn't devalue them as a human being, but it doesn't improve their suitability to almost every form of employment

Exactly. In fact, that can be said for literally everyone.

If a guy that's fairly fit comes in, I'm going to assume he's keeping fit and hasn't decided "you know what, being fat is what I want to be".

The guy I replied to stated he would not hire a fat person just for being fat because he assumed they are lazy.

Nah, she's just a power broker hoping to make money from being fat and push the "Fat is okay" thing to secure and solidify the horrifyingly obese base of customers for certain markets.

Fat is bug business don't you know.

Brb gonna go dislike video.
As a fatguy ill strongly tell anyone that shes full of shit.

But, again, we can't make assumptions on these people. All you have is their resume in order to hire them. Everything about the person is on that paper. You aren't given more information.
You keep adding things to the equation. We can't keep assuming these things about people.

So, how about this- You decide if you want to hire someone based on what's on the paper. If they do come into the job interview with poor clothing even though it's a wide known fact that you should dress professionally, you can also decide if you want to hire them on that.

And before you give me some more B.S. It is not a wide known fact to "lose weight" in order to impress the employer in a job interview.

Do you have diabeetus?

>ideas worth spreading

My point still stands.

It is a reasonable assumption that, all things being equal, a fat person is a worse candidate for pretty much all employment. I'm not saying that fatties shouldn't be hired. Indeed a good proportion of the first world workforce is made of fatties. But that doesn't mean its a desirable trait.

It's actually ridiculous that'd you go to such lengths to defend the fats as though they're some protected class of citizens experiencing wide spread discrimination. Fat people are, by virtue of their appearance, health and ability, less desirable for basically every human activity. A fitter, healthier counterpart would always be preferable. People know being fat is bad, they choose to remain fat. They bare the consequences.

More like Kilo Cheese Eatburger amirite

he's also on roids lmao

>I'm not saying that fatties shouldn't be hired
That's all I needed to read. Then I agree wit you completely. To say you won't hire someone because they are fat is discrimination which is my whole point.

>I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I'm fat
>Cough

golden

Then, that is like, your opinion.
Fat people suck so I wouldn't hire a fat person.

it's really not unreasonable to assume someone is lazy because they are fat. That is literally one of the easiest indicators that someone is lazy in their bodily upkeep, and thus very likely that they are generally lazy. Sure, you can be wrong if you make that assumption. But most of the time you'll be right, and you would be completely reasonable in your assumption, unlike what you clearly seem to think.

I know plenty of fat people who are hard/reliable workers. They just prefer to put their time/effort into their work, so they never make time to work out or make healthy meals, so they end up eating fast food.
It's not an excuse, but fat doesn't always mean lazy/shitty person.

>make time to work out or make healthy meals

It doesn't require one second of time or one cent to eat less. It's becoming increasingly clear what your motivations are.

I love how the comment section is disabled but on a majority of their videos the comment section is open.

I never said it wasn't unreasonable to assume fat people are lazy. If I did, I might have mis-spoken.
What I am saying is that if you aren't going to hire someone because you assume they are lazy is unreasonable. You should hire someone solely on what their resume says. Unless you know for a fact the person is lazy, then you aren't able to make a logical conclusion that they MUST be lazy because they are fat.

You have two candidates for a job opening for a delivery person. One is 400 pounds. One is 180. Who would you pick?

test

>You should hire someone solely on what their resume says.

this itself is an unreasonable request for a multitude of reasons, including the fact that you are asking someone not to hire others at an increased chance of finding an undesirable employee, which is an employer's job. Hiring people solely off their resumes is a bizarre idealized concept, because it has really no fundamental benefit and leaves employers without the option of assessing people as people. This not only cuts out undesirable employees that may have a good resume, but can also include desirable employees that might not have such a great resume. There's really no reason to think that this should be the way that employers do things, plenty of reasons to see why it might be dumb, and frankly that just makes it strange.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that this is coming from someone who got fucked out of a job because of employer discrimination.

Is her actual name Drinkwater ? How ironic..

I would pick the 180lb person.
Why? Less chance of them to die due to a related disease/illness that effects obese people. I also know that the 180lb persons body will be able to handle stress much better than someone who is obese.

I need more information than that.
You might as well ask me one has blonde hair and one is bald.

Why are you dumb fucks still responding to the obvious fat ass in this thread

I know this whole body positive and HAES movement is just a means of mentally ill obese people to justify being fat to themselves, but have these people actually convinced themselves that they are beautiful ? Or is it just a front to appear confident to others.

False confidence or do they actually believe their shit?

>fat is genetics

Actually I am a hungry skeleton (162 lbs).

When you're drowning, any life line, no matter how dangerous, is a godsend.

And there is way too much money in keeping people fat and out of shape and manipulating them into thinking that it's tough to lose weight and keep it off.

Way too much money.