What gave rise to the current trend of Globalism we are seeing today?

What gave rise to the current trend of Globalism we are seeing today?

>ww1 gets my vote

Gommunism

the internet is making the concept of the nation state obsolete

Gabidalism

The Age of Exploration

capitalism in teh form of john locke that espoused it was adopted by baby boomers.

>globalization is making the concept of the nation state obsolete

FTFY

>t. cyber entity that doesn't need to eat sleep or reproduce

A desperate, last attempt by ex-communists who got mugged by reality to immanetize the eschaton.

>There's nothing neo about Bush and there's nothing con about Blair. Yet they are the principal advocates of what might be called democratic globalism, a foreign policy that defines the national interest not as power but as values, and that identifies one supreme value, what John Kennedy called "the success of liberty." As President Bush put it in his speech at Whitehall last November: "The United States and Great Britain share a mission in the world beyond the balance of power or the simple pursuit of interest. We seek the advance of freedom and the peace that freedom brings." Beyond power. Beyond interest. Beyond interest defined as power. That is the credo of democratic globalism.

Jews

Anglos

what the fuck is globalism again?

transportation really improved.

It's not desperate. It is the inevitable and it began in 1492. As technology to communicate improved the world became smaller. Desperate are the tribal people like nationalists, tribes and such who still resist the wave sweeping the world.

Cold war and the realization a single government can start a chain reaction that kills everyone.

the one world soviet government

The buildermen group and satanic communists.

The internet, improved transportation, industrialization, and nuclear weapons.

This globalism shit is being weighed down by way too much baggage.

We aren't anywhere near advanced enough culturally for one world government.

Doing it by subterfuge, misinformation and the financial power of an elite who'll make sure they stay such is just a recipe for the biggest shit storm the species has yet seen.

"Globalism".

It's called Capitalism bud.

>The bourgeoisie has through its exploitation of the world market given a cosmopolitan character to production and consumption in every country. To the great chagrin of Reactionists, it has drawn from under the feet of industry the national ground on which it stood. All old-established national industries have been destroyed or are daily being destroyed. They are dislodged by new industries, whose introduction becomes a life and death question for all civilised nations, by industries that no longer work up indigenous raw material, but raw material drawn from the remotest zones; industries whose products are consumed, not only at home, but in every quarter of the globe. In place of the old wants, satisfied by the production of the country, we find new wants, requiring for their satisfaction the products of distant lands and climes. In place of the old local and national seclusion and self-sufficiency, we have intercourse in every direction, universal inter-dependence of nations. And as in material, so also in intellectual production. The intellectual creations of individual nations become common property. National one-sidedness and narrow-mindedness become more and more impossible, and from the numerous national and local literatures, there arises a world literature.

>The bourgeoisie, by the rapid improvement of all instruments of production, by the immensely facilitated means of communication, draws all, even the most barbarian, nations into civilisation. The cheap prices of commodities are the heavy artillery with which it batters down all Chinese walls, with which it forces the barbarians’ intensely obstinate hatred of foreigners to capitulate. It compels all nations, on pain of extinction, to adopt the bourgeois mode of production; it compels them to introduce what it calls civilisation into their midst, i.e., to become bourgeois themselves. In one word, it creates a world after its own image.

People who are against globalism are objectively against free trade capitalism.

Comparative advantage.

No such thing as “free trade”

Connection to all parts of the globe
If you bought a Japanese TV, that's thanks to globalism

Historical inevitability is bunk, there's no chain of logic or scientific theory that sustains it. If one observes how history from the 20th century moves, it seems that there's a seesaw between optimism for the abolition of frontiers with sudden nationalist moments that nobody foresaw. This'll probably repeat itself many more times.

Well, indeed they are. I like free trade, but I don't want mooning to corporate power.

>What gave rise to the current trend of Globalism we are seeing today?
People like money.

Are niggers and muslims in my town also thanks to globalism?

What if I'm just against black and brown people in my town? I don't mind being able to import a Japanese TV, I mind having sandniggers shitting up the place with their existence.

The fall of the Berlin wall and the internet

Depends what you mean by globalism. In the technical sense it always existed. But in the sense of "global capital with little barriers, mass migrations, supranational unions, supposed world values" ect is correct.

Globalism is uber capatilist

>tfw if you traveled to a foreign land years ago people were intrigued by you
>now it’s nothing special because they’ve already seen everything on TV.

Neoliberal capitalism. More specifically, the rise of international corporations.

The world was more globalist before WW1 than before WW2

Globalism is an economics term about supply-chains so you need to look to economics for the answer.
The answer is the 1970s inflationary crisis which was responded to with the undermining of unions and industry regulations and introduction of new post-nationalist trade agreements that set the stage for corporations and banking bean-counters to run the economies of the large western nations at the expense of their middle classes.
When you hear the political terms "neolibs" and "neocons" it refers to these post-70s ideologies where the left and right met an agreement on the structure of the economy being passed off to private interests so that politically these democracies don't provide an actual ideological choice among their candidates on the economic issues that actually affect voters the most.

The industrial revolution

the industrial revolution

>>ITT: retards

GLOBALISM is a EUPHEMISM for EMPIRE

specifically the dominance and rule of totalitarian western policies and entities over the planet