Western Civilization

Why is Western Civilization portrayed as evil in video games?
>Nilfgaardian emperor is titled: Ker'zaer, similiar to Caesar/Kaiser
>they worship "Great Sun": similar to Sol Invictus
>their most famous division was named after Fernando Álvarez de Toledo, 3rd Duke of Alba was the name of a Spanish military commander and governor of the Netherlands during the Dutch revolt. He was brutal and cruel genocidal maniac
>their invasion of Northern Kingdoms is based on Operation Barbarossa: Nilfgaardian ambassador Henry var Attre tells us, that their invasion went smoothly, they destroyed every Northern Army in their path, Northern armies were runing away from them, but the tide of war has turned with winter, doesn't sound familiar?
>Nilfgaardian names sound Germanic, in fact their language sounds like Dutch
>Nilfgaard strikes similiarties to Roman Empire, HRE and Spanish Empire

What did polacks mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Głogów
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Poles having a somewhat negative take on germans
Oh gee I wonder what might be behind this? Certainly it couldn't be the historical relationship they have with them.

>Why does this one game series that happens to be from Poland have a negative opinion of Germans?
Maybe read a history book

>Germany
>western
>civilized

>their invasion of Northern Kingdoms is based on Operation Barbarossa
how do you function with this shit rattling around in your head?

>germany
>being in charge of representation of western civilization
sorry sweety but that would be france/italy/england

>their invasion of Northern Kingdoms is based on Operation Barbarossa:
>Northern armies were runing away from them, but the tide of war has turned with winter, doesn't sound familiar?
No because the reason the initial phases of Barbarossa were so successful was precisely because the Soviets didn't retreat you fucking dipshit

There are German testimonies that Soviet armies were in fact retreating in the first months.

Nilfgaard is not portraid as evil imo, just powerful and rigid. Toussaint (part of nilfgaard) is in fact a very jolly place, and its people portraid as good, even if a bit extravagant

Those were individual units because the command and coordination was so completely destroyed in the early hours no general retreat could even be organized, and their orders from STAVKA were to launch a retarded and highly unrealistic counter offensive anyway

Except it's not. You have a persecution complex

>being surprised by the eternal butthurt of Poles

Also nilfgaard is very little german. I agree the name sounds dutch, but they are most surely french inspired regarding all else

you know what both Nilfgaardians and NAZIS also have in common?
they both drank water

>mfw drank water this morning
Shit, am I a Nazi now? Should I contact the authorities?

i just came here for the ass

>they are most surely french inspired regarding all else
They're not. They're not enough faggy to be French.

Ebin

Yes they are lmao
Did you even see the servents and the painter fella?

the west's imperialism is by definition evil to their enemies at the time of conquest and for much of the occupation. As for why, so people are taught that it's cool to conquer things.

In the books, nilfgaard starts out as an evil nazi expy before getting more character. Similar in witcher 2/3.

That's what HRE often was to western slavs. The author of books loves Czech history and writing on how fucked they were by German imperialism. There was one german-polish war where Germans would tie noble hostages and kids to siege machines in hopes that it would help them capture one city.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Głogów

I only played witcher 3 and it gives me a french vibe, but I suppose it's just my wrong impression then

I just came in her ass*

we wuz germans

>germs represent all western civilization

lmao neck yourself. germans are not civilized and aren't people either

>Why is Western Civilization portrayed as evil in video games?
Because you are a dirty goyim and need to be sent to a Gender Studies and African History gulag for reeducation.

Spaniards, Romans and Dutch aren't Germans.

name 1 video game

I just did.

Dutch are just swamp Germs

Because you are.

They could be if they wanted though. We take anyone in these days.

>unironically playing the Shitter
There’s your first problem

But Redania is portrayed as way more evil? Also one with Germany made by fucking POLES is not evidence of a trend, of course they would portray Germany negatively, and that isn't even what they're doing since the pogroms are supposed to make Nilfgaard seem like the lesser evil and helping your friends leads to Redania getting buttfucked.

No you JUSTed

>Why is Western Civilization portrayed as evil in video games?
>their invasion of Northern Kingdoms
what are the Northern Kingdoms if not the Western Civilisation? Like only one of them is more than just vaguely Slavic, and they're all just a pan-European mishmash.

And reading the books, I never got the impression that Nilfgaard is supposed to be Germans, they were more like Rome/Spain/Ottomans.

Witcher 2 dev diary:
>Nilfgaard. Totalitarianism. We wanted it to remind people of conquistadors, of the Third Reich, of, I don't know, an Empire of Evil.Ambassador Shilard is the representative of Nilfgaard in the Witcher 2.

Redania is portrayed as a kingdom ruled by a corrupt, evil asshole you have an option to assassinate later on.

Take France and Italy out and you've got it.

More important. Who were they?

jews

Nice try br*t
France is much more representative of the west

The wild hunt.

The GAELIC Warrior.

They're literally the wild hunt. That's not something the devs made up.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt

THEY. ARE. THE. MIGHTY. GAELIC. WARRIOR.

Germanic.

celts were subhumans
they're Finns

Dark elves.

Doesn’t look like a Tartar to me

>g*rman civilization

Alternate dimension whites that fought back the mongrel races but ultimately succumbed to global warming.

When you visit Toussaint, it is god damn awesome.

Were the Mongolians evil? Or the Muslims? These are the only other people who ever made a realistic attempt to take over the world. And they didn't succeed.

Toussaint reminds me of modern western Europe. They're rich and their life consists mostly of leisure and laziness, and when they're facing an actual threat they have no idea what to do.

>Although a historical power, last 200 years have been a series of humiliating defeats and quick submission to foreign invaders
sounds about accurate

>Nilfgaard is the bad guy
Nordling?

seek help you schizo

BRAAAP

The northern kingdoms are western culture too. Your comparison makes no sense.

>so ugly you die when you see them
They are the eternal a*glos or merchants

>western civilisation
>war

Guess the darkies are right about you.

was radovid a chad?

You do know the Witcher was a book.

>Nilfgaardian names sound Germanic, in fact their language sounds like Dutch

Is this another G*rman we wuz episode ?

Nilfgaardian nobles are French:
Antoine Moire
D'Arvy
Vattier de Rideaux
Henry var Attre
Rhetz de Mellis-Stoke
Restif de Montholon
Antoine Moire
Jan Calveit(Obviously Jean Calvin)

Some French Nilfgaardian seem to belong to the lower class:
Ouder de Wyngalt

Nilfgaardian merchants are Dutch :
Declan Leuvaarden(firstname name is French, lastname is Dutch-like)
Dominik Bombastus Houvenaghel

Nilfgaardian lower class are Germans:
Lamarr Flaut
Arnoldaep Bluhm
Fulko Artevelde

>Declan
My bad, it is Irish

KARA BOGA

Emis Var Emreis
Cahir Mawr Dyffryn aep Ceallach
Shilard Fitz Oesterlen

What language are the real Nilfgaardian names based on?

Also, there is an emperor "Torres" and some prominent Nilfgaardians are dark-haired sucha s the emperor and Cahir in the books.

>What language are the real Nilfgaardian names based on?
It's heavily influenced by Welsh

aep = ap = son (welsh)

>Also, there is an emperor "Torres" and some prominent Nilfgaardians are dark-haired
The nobility is most likely Celto-Roman(Welsh, Italian, Spanish, French)

>We wanted this feudalistic civilization to remind people of a modern nation-state
I hate video game devs so much

The empire in starwars is just like the roman empire... why do cultural marxists hate white people?

>Around Elves, watch yourselves.
Jews, obviously.