Tfw intelligent enough to lift thread

>tfw intelligent enough to lift thread

Veeky Forums tell me your current academic position, and your PR on your favorite lift

>University history lecturer, book coming out late 2017

>95KG OHP (100 next workout I swear)

Other urls found in this thread:

differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-thesis-and-dissertation/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ez mode business technology degree from my 3rd choice college

>I'm currently nearing the end of my initial cut before I start lifting seriously for the first time

I'm not an impressive man.

MD/PhD
first authorship in an 18-impact factor journal in print
104kg bench 3x5

hey patients don't like it when their doctor looks like a freak

Finishing up my physics bachelor degree. I always did mediocre on tests, but I excel in doing research and coming up with creative ideas/solutions. The results of my thesis will be turned into a paper and published.

>biking 210km on a day
I do cardio and, dont lift.

mirin'

how many cals do you have to eat when biking that hard?

>bachelor
>thesis
no, you aren't

>claims to push 95kg overhead
>thinks it's in any way shape or form reasonable to even dream about upping it fucking 5kg between workouts
now there's an e-statter if I ever saw one

pursuing physics and compsci double major at top 10-15 national university.

>too intelligent to e-stat

don't crush my dreams user, I need to do it before the end of this year

I don't know, I don't count em. I think I burn most calories whenever I bike out of valleys, those are real time killers. I just stop at supermarkets and eat as much as I can.

Also my tactic is to start at dawn, and bike to a point of no return, such that I have to bike the last 50km's, otherwise I don't have a place to sleep.

You can at least back your argument before spouting diarrea out of your keyboard

>bachelor degree
>creative research

fucking kek

getting an MD next year. I'll be 30 when i graduate, which is kind of depressing though.

I'm a dumbells man, but hitting 2x plates on the bench is the best I've felt with my lifts.

Wut?

I was reading my solid state textbook when I got an idea. I send an e-mail to a professor who does research in that field. He invited me over, we discussed the idea. Then it was developed into my thesis.

You are a mong. Nobody cares about your thesis. Trust me.

>Trusting a random guy from the internet with properly backed claims

What shitty liberal arts college do you go to that a professor would humor an undergrad like that.

Either way post your work or at least your idea. Otherwise no one's gonna believe you/assume your theory sucks

Still not convinced this isn't some cringey nerd fantasy

>my bachelors degree thesis is very serious and people will read about it in a journal

keep going you are entertaining me right now

I made a computer model of the interaction between of two structures, using density functional theory to approach the interaction between all the atoms. Then extended those results to a macroscale model of which the physical properties could be measured.

I go to a university in europe, the number of physics students is pretty small (30 people each year). It is considered normal here that you go to a professor of your field of interest to write your bachelor thesis. You discuss what you like most, and he checks if he has a project that matches your interest.

*farts in hand and throws it in your face*
>"What are the physical properties of that bitchboy?"

That's been done a 1000 times brah that's a project, not a thesis... knew you were full of shit

Not user but lots of universities support undergraduate research. My school puts a focus on it because we're new and need to build a reputation in something.

>intelligent enough to lift
too*

yeah so does mine but you're just doing grunt work for the lab. Not "creative research" which you publish a thesis on which is why we were making fun of that guy.

95kg OHP is impressive.
My record is 80 kg 2x6, reckon that would be about the same, or slightly lower

Undergraduate Chemistry and Biochemistry (it's only two additional classes for the chem. major so you're dumb not to do it).

195 lb Power Clean x 2

>history lecturer
If you ain't STEM you wasted your time and are wasting everyone else's.

t. euphoric atheist

I have a high paying low hour job where I can focus on conducting my own research, tell me how I'm wasting my time :^)

>Sophomore geology student
>545 lb diddylift

What do you do in biochemistry? Am thinking about switching to it.

>urban planner for mid-sized Canadian urban design firm
>MPl, BA, BSc
>Squat 345 for 15 this week trying to PUMP DEM QUADS

doing masters in neurobiology

dl 220x2, haven't been to the gym in a month though cause im recovering from mononucleosis

fml

>95kg OHP
How

bout to go to college for computer engineering, and got a good scholarship for a state school, will cover a lot of the tuition for the first two years and maybe the last two if I keep my grades. I do Calisthenics but just started a scooby custom home workout plan, so I don't know what to put here. I like pistol squats I guess.

not op, but i do 90kg x2 and i dont even think im that strong

why is nu-Veeky Forums so weak?

this is so poorly made

NEET

130kg / 286lb benchpress.

I'd be interested in seeing your delts and your form. What you call weak might be strict form versus a push press on your part.
Regardless, a 2 plate overhead press is elite, if it's done properly, so approaching that is indisputably strong. It's not like the threads full of weenies who are proud of deadlifting 3 plates.

You think someone would lie on the internet? Here I go:

University law lecturer, already 40 books published

120KG OHP

>Don't pursue your interest even if you're good enough to lecture on it, and write books on it
>Do what I do so that society can be all the same
>There is nothing more to love but STEM

What an interesting life you must lead.

If 90 for 2 isnt strong to you then your standards are all kinds of messed up.

Anyway, how did you get there

>t. geography major

Why is aerospace engineering in God tier?

It's basically mechanical engineering except for like 3 classes.

>tfw work at a cinema
>lift

atleast i look good in this gay outfit

Reminder that everything below good is not worth the effort, you're better off as NEET.

I'm not that guy, but I'm a geography graduate who's had some pretty great jobs with reasonably high salaries.
I also know people who did parks admin diplomas at tech schools who love their jobs and make a decent living.
Any degree/diploma in which you learn a definable skill or set of skills can be marketable.
Something like literature or sociology or history, unfortunately, doesn't teach you an easily definable or explainable "skill", though it does (or CAN) teach you about independent research and critical thinking (if your university's department isn't an echo chamber).

GPA IS 2.3 BUT I SQUAT 405 U MAD???

>world would be so much better if it was led by sam harris xd

most of it is plain wrong though, at least the life science ones i'm sure of

he also has law listed twice

Third-year med student.
225lb The Press™.

No. Your tuition money paid my teaching stipend.

Most undergraduate biochemistry classes are just molecular biology classes that use stuff from orgo when necessary (mostly in metabolism).

Upper level classes are often applied p-chem (more math)
>kinetics (differential equations) for quantifying catalytic improvements of enzymes
>thermo for membrane formation
>study of enzyme mechanisms involves QM

Finishing up MD in May, hit a 565 deadlift on Wednesday weighing about 190. Felt good man.

Not necessarily. My uni had an "honors thesis" that you had to complete in order to graduate with university honors. These were creative projects done under the guidance of advisers you choose. These are often published or presented at national conferences. I didn't publish mine, because it was retarded environmental science shit that I don't give a fuck about, but lot of other people did.

Honours is a dissertation, moron. Learn the difference.

No, I'm talking about a thesis. It was called an "honors thesis". It was structured as thesis as defined here: differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-thesis-and-dissertation/

In order to graduate with the distinction of "University honors", you had to complete an "honors thesis" through the "honors college." I know exactly what I'm talking about, faggot.

Call it whatever you like, it's not a thesis. Murder yourself, my man.

What arbitrary definition of thesis are you using?

what kind of autismal county do you come from? Honors thesis is a thing here in Clapistan universities

Why so salty? Jealous of others achievements?

BA. History and English (Melbourne)
Hons. TEFL (Canberra/Osaka)
MA Pedagogy (Helsinki/Amsterdam)

>3d animator by trade (did you like Moana?).

75kg on Bulgarian Split Squat.