How good are potatoes?

How good are potatoes?

Pretty bad, need to activate them before eating

It's a vegetable with half your daily vitamin c in one potato. Excellent carb source, just don't overload them with butter,bacon, and salt

>Not being on ketosis
You're doing it wrong.

Explain

god tier i eat them everyday
russet potatoes if you are a shitskin
yukon gold if you are a patrician

God tier, I eat 1-2 Yukon Gold potatoes a day, normally just baked in the microwave with a little seasonings and salt, no sour cream or butter or any of that. If I feel frisky I'll chop them up and fry them in a small amount of oil and make chips or potato wedges. Low calories, ton of nutrients, satiating as fuck.

Yukon Gold™ potatoes are the most important thing goys like yourself can use to achieve your goals

no

they have a higher glycemic index than most junk food

you would be healthier just eating fritos for your carbs

Just made some of these hasselbeck style with some ham and collards. Fukking beautiful m8

>glycemic index

Jesus Christ Veeky Forums, you're better than this.

Cheap and tasty source for carbs. .

>he thinks yukon gold is a brand name

This is so goddamned embarrassing

>doing a meme diet
yeah nah lmfao.

Steak and potatoes are the best meal for gains

I mainly eat potatoes, bread, pastas and meat. Can I bulk like this?

very underrated and nutritious

>Take potato, carrots and onions
>Put them in a big pot
>Boil it
>Mash it
>Add butter
>Add pepper, salt and nutmeg
>Keep stirring
>Add sausage
>Add gravy
Typical winter dish desu

meem the fat you eat is the fat you wear

but its not vegan

General consensus is potatoes are fine, it's just extremely easy to make them NOT fine by adding unhealthy toppings

Red potatoes fit in your butt a little easier than idaho ones. You learn early on that they both just require butter for easier usage

Useless food

it's one the few good sources of potassium
other than that it's nothing special but overall it's one of the best sources of carbs
it's relatively difficult to store and cook (compared to grains) but nutrition and taste wise it's top-tier
it's good to eat some potatoes for carbs instead of rice (or whatever grain is your staple) for more variety and potassium

Apparently Potatoes, butter, and eggs have all of the macronutrients you'll ever need and you can live off of that forever.

>difficult to cook
literally slice them up and threw them in a pot to steam or boil in medium heat
wew,lad

compared to grains. can't you read
if you find cooking potatoes to be on the same level of difficulty as cooking oats or rice you're either a retard who can't cook oats/rice or you eat your potatoes raw

it is on the same level
rice all you do is take a cup of rice two cups water
potatoes all you do is slice them up throw them in a pot add a little bit of water basically the same shit

Why sweet potatoes are so popular in the US? Are there any significant differences between sweet potatoes and regular yellow potatoes?

Sweet potatoes are a better alternative. Good to eat post workout to restore glycogen levels.

They're from completely different families. Sweet potatoes are a root vegetable. Regular potatoes are stem vegetables.

try again

>apparently
Potatoes: carbs, butter: fat, eggs: protein

Do you mean micros?

What do you mean? Yes there are significant differences. Are there significant differences between milk and coconut milk? Same thing.

its not hard to understand

higher glycemic index more insulin more fat storing

you can get carbs with foods that dont make you store fat as well

potatoes have higher GI than gummi bears, wonder bread, doritos

Good peer reviewed article, brah

lol carbs make you fat meem

>bake in microwave
Boy your shits nuked

Idahoian here. Norkoath russets are Delicious. Russet burbank is what plebs eat. Yukon gold best. $1.28 for 10 lbs. Potatoes goat

Carlos pls go.