Philosophical thoughts on revenge?

Philosophical thoughts on revenge?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PUE8fYxjq8
george-orwell.org/Revenge_is_Sour/0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At first I thought that he had raped his son´s rapist´s son.

revenge is a vague term

Top tier.

Respektckczk

How very Roman

>implying he did anything wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=_PUE8fYxjq8

what do you mean philosophically? hot revenge is the product of a burst of emotions. it has no fundaments and is not a legitimate system of justice

What would be perfect justice.

Gary did nothing wrong

A rape for rape makes the whole world horny

#metoo

see that's good but even better would be to gouge their eyes and voicebox out with a knife so they can't see or scream and leave them in the wilderness to wander around aimlessly til they die

>Properly speaking, there is no such thing as revenge. Revenge is an act which you want to commit when you are powerless and because you are powerless: as soon as the sense of impotence is removed, the desire evaporates also.

>Who would not have jumped for joy, in 1940, at the thought of seeing S.S. officers kicked and humiliated? But when the thing becomes possible, it is merely pathetic and disgusting.

george-orwell.org/Revenge_is_Sour/0.html

when does the impotence of someone being raped go away?

yeh imagine if that were true ay

If there was more revenge like that, I would become the biggest rapist on the planet, just so I can get revenged raped in return

Not even gay, but the idea of getting brutally buttfucked turns me on

Yup

>Not even gay, but the idea of getting brutally buttfucked turns me on
WHAT

Wasn't there a movie like this with Antonio Banderas?

He's a surgeon, some dude rapes his daughter and she kills herself, so he abducts the guy, makes the rapist into a woman, does a facial transplant of his daughter's face onto the rapist, and then rapes the MtF tranny. It was at Cannes a few years back.

>5 years probation for murder

How!?!

And found it. It's called "The Skin I Live In"

>Vera, too, dreams about the same event: Vicente, a young man who works in his mother's dress shop, crashes the wedding and meets Norma. Like others at the party, he is under the influence of drugs. He walks with Norma into the garden. Norma begins to take off some of her clothes, stating she would be naked all the time if she could. Vicente kisses her and compliments her. While they are lying down with Vicente on top of her, she suddenly starts repeating "no, no, no" and begins screaming. She bites his hand. Surprised, he slaps her, knocking her unconscious. He flees the scene, confused and nervous, just before Robert arrives.

>Robert tracks down Vicente, kidnaps him, and subjects him to sex reassignment surgery. Over a period of six years, Robert physically transforms Vicente into a replica of his late wife, and calls him Vera. During this period of time, Vicente struggles to keep himself sane and cling to the core of his true identity.

it is morally justified, the golden rule, do unto others as they would do unto others

Law enforcement exists for a reason, if everybody took law into their own hands it would end up in an endless cycle of revenge.

>”You rape my son, I rape YOU!”

If that actually happened, it’s a flagrant instance of how evil degenerates use righteousness as a facade to excuse their degenerate actions.

>If you kill the Joker you’re as bad as he is!

There is nothing better than revenge on the person that did something horrible to you, unless you're a pussy full of regrets.

Then again, you aren't really a man, but some docile product of the modern era. Revenge feels orgasmic.

He could have castrated him, he could have killed him, but instead he chose to... rape him back?

That is analogous to killing yourself out of spite along with your son’s murderer when there was no need for it.

The father just found an excuse for his degenerate urges.

>Dad raped the giy who raped his kid
>Films it
>distributes it
holy shit DOTY.

Pay evil unto evil

Remember Azerbaijan is a muslim country and the idea of beign raped as an adult man is arguably the epitome of humillation.

Vengeance is something derided by the weak to feel better about themselves

That’s not how revenge works, idiot. Also, you don’t even seem to comprehend how raping the rapist back is futile, abominable, and absurd, so you’re either stupid, or pretending to be stupid.

You're one of the docile specimens I was talking about. If someone does something wrong to you and gets away with it, you will never feel good about it.

You either take the matters in your own hand or despise yourself till you die, full of regrets, humiliated.

>He could have castrated him, he could have killed him, but instead he chose to... rape him back?

neither of those would have truly given him the same damage and shame that the rape did, he truly made him experience what he inflicted on the boy, he didn't just harm him, he burned his powerlessness into his mind, that's a more worthy punishment than any brutality.

>Shoot my son
>I shoot you back

>Rape my son
>I rape you back

>Beat my son
>I beat you back

What makes rape so magically worse?

Didn't know Orwell was such a cuck
Literally nothing wrong with enacting revenge against mass murderers

maybe moses was working off bad intel

the cycle of revenge is a meme, if someone rapes your brother in revenge for your brother raping his son it is not a regular rape, it is revenge rape, so it would not be revenge to rape him, if anything you should help hold him down

you're the fucking idiot
who can't understand poetic justice

there is no URGE to rape the person as a fantasy of their degeneration
It's about paying it back, you fucking mongoloid

Haha Jesus what the fuck
Worse than Oldboy

This

Why not both?

I realise that you’re probably a cro-magnon, but anyway, what Orwell mean is not that the revenge is not justified but that most people feel a need for revenge only when they find themselves powerless in a given situation, and that when they later get to a position of power above the other man to enact revenge they start viewing the person as beneath them instead, and more pathetic than anything (like an insect or other minor annoyances), so the need for revenge diminishes

Revenge is fine, but you're a better person if you can forgive. This only applies if YOU are the victim, if its something like OP's pic, then revenge is required.

Revenge is at at the very core of the philosophy of justice (retributive justice), but has fallen out of vogue in the current age of psychoanalysis and determinism which tends to prioritize rehabilitation as a more worthy goal

Rehabilitation IS a more worthy goal from the perspective of the state. Societies that encourage revenge end up with terrible cycles of endemic tribal feuding.

Revenge is a primitive animalistic emotional act.

Punishing people as a deterrent is not revenge, the purpose is to deter not to sate emotions.

Also one can be determined and brave while not indulging in revenge. An übermensch will tolerate much in the pursuit of their ambitions rather than waste resources trying to avenge every slight.

You sound like an incel.

>Revenge is a primitive animalistic emotional act.
You mean like love, and friendship, and kindness?

lowkey gay.

They were mass murderings when they were mass murdering. You couldn't kill them then.
But now they are subdued men trapped in a cell. You can kill the subdued men trapped in the jail, but you cannot kill the mass murderes, because they are not there. They are in the past, free, powerful, mass murdering.

Good post.

>dude incel soyboy cuck numale lmao
the funny thing is genuine alpha males don't give 3 fucks about any of this
technically those are primitive animalistic emotions too

>technically those are primitive animalistic emotions too
Yes, that's literally what I said. Are you retarded or just illiterate?

>the funny thing is genuine alpha males don't give 3 fucks about any of this
I highly doubt that a man that respects himself would allow other man to go unpunished.

I'm lazy. I'm sure you have a point along the lines of "there is nothing wrong with primitive animalistic emotions" but I can't be bothered to write a detailed explanation unless you state your point clearly.
If it serves no deterrent effect and only costs resources a "man that respects himself" could easily allow someone to go unpunished, as I explained. If you know your boss is screwing you yet your job is a stepping stone to greater things it is in you self-interest to let it slide.

Also how do you go about "respecting yourself"? Do you jerk off over yourself in the mirror each morning? What does it mean? Surely simply not disrespecting yourself will suffice.

>I'm lazy. I'm sure you have a point along the lines of "there is nothing wrong with primitive animalistic emotions" but I can't be bothered to write a detailed explanation unless you state your point clearly.
Why don't you try asking then you moron? My point is that if you dismiss revenge because "it's a primitive animal emotion" then you have to dismiss love as well.

I don't expect you to understand what a man is. We're already through that you're an incel

No this is nonsense. The persons who committed the mass-murders are in prison now and deserving of whatever punishment deemed fitting. Frankly I have to agree with the people calling Bertrand Russell a faggot. You kill my family and I will do whatever I can to make you suffer and die. This is one of the reasons why the nazis were punished so severely.

meant for

>Bertrand Russell
That's clearly Orwell you dumbfuck. And anyone who thinks he's a faggot doesn't know he was literally shot in the throat while fighting for what he believes in.

>>Orwell
My apologies, I got them confused for a moment. And I stand by my opinion that he's a faggot. Any man who doesn't desire revenge on those who inflict terrible atrocities on those he cares for is a fucking wuss, cuck, numale, soyboy bitch unworthy of being called a man.

Revenge is one of the finest things in life, anyone who says otherwise is a weak and incapable coward.

That's not even what that quote is saying. His point is that once you have defeated your enemies, taking revenge becomes pathetic, not just. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, just that you shouldn't feel righteous while killing defenseless people.

Not that guy but please come up with an actual argument instead of blabbering out buzzwords.

somewhat relevant

Hahahaha what the fuck?
The black guy took care of a child? Get outta here.

I understand what he is saying to an extent for petty things but rapists and murderers of family members will recieve death from me if given the chance.

Orwell was a faggot though, he had sex with multiple men during the war

We like to think emotion is never a valid reason for anything, but emotion will always be a strong part of us. We strive for logic but we aren't inherently logical.

Nice citation faggot.

We aren't even incidentally logical, look at all those logic puzzles with counter-intuitive outcomes, we SUCK at logic.

But he didn't rape her.

>wasting quads on this
is it actually though?

>I will allow myself to be fucked over if it "pays off"
So you're a moral prostitute. Got it.

Fuck off and die in a gutter, since you wouldn't mind?

It is shadman, he has been doing a new style recently, for better or worse.

>since you wouldn't mind?
Yes I would, that would strongly be against my self interest.

And you're a homo soiens

Good fucking job Garry. All honour to you.

You sound like a fucking pussy.

>American 'cinema'

Sounds like that movie about a guy that's modified to be a walrus.

Hey, sometimes all someone needs to understand what they're doing is wrong is experiencing it for themselves. I'm not saying it's a 100%, but it might have worked.

Very true in my experience but I'm not sure the same would apply if someone had raped a family member of mine.

cuck

You seem confused about your own sexuality. Has anyone ever told you that before?

>genuine alpha males

Not a thing. Humans aren't wolves.

t. guy who has never enacted revenge on anyone ever.

When revenge is legitimized it's called justice.

t. beta

Why not just dig a massgrave instead of two graves?

it's a spanish movie

He's not advocating "turn the other cheek" or pacifism. He's saying that once they've been arrested, the need and feeling of vengeance ceases.