Why was sub-saharan Africa incapable of creating any civilization or culture of great value?

Why was sub-saharan Africa incapable of creating any civilization or culture of great value?

They were the proto-Americans.

Define great value.

Nordics.

snowniggers didn't create any great civilizations either.

>what is ancient Greece

Their civilizations were comprised of sub-saharan africans

>a chinese colony

Same reason ergaster or floriensis had no civilizations they were never meant to, they are simply tribal african hunter gatherer predators that are meant to stay like that forever.

I'd recommend looking into the writings and videos of Ryan Faulk, who has the answers to why Africa and its diaspora are the way they are.

timeline for this good sttuff?

The bronzes busts and sculptures are Yoruba (Benin in particular) and are from the around the 12th-14th centuries.

>inb4 someone posts the mudmosque

The ivories like are from the Kingdom of Kongo however, and can come from a wide period from pre-European contact, post-European contact, and the colonial era. Pre-colonial would have been from the 14th-17th centuries.

the great mosque of djenne in its current state was designed by a frenchman

>around the 12th-14th centuries.
Are you joking? This crap looks like stuff Europeans in 7000 B.C made.

No it wasn't. It was paid for by the French, but it was designed by Ismaila Traoré who was a Djenne native.

You don't really have to create any civilization if you just hunt and grind some plants.

Give me one piece of art, from any place on earth, that even closely resembles this.

Great thread. Definitely NO political agenda here whatsoever.

from 7000 BC I mean

my mistake, this was my source

>Dubois revisited Djenné in 1910 and was shocked by the new building. He believed that the French colonial administration were responsible for the design and wrote that it looked like a cross between a hedgehog and a church organ. He thought that the cones made the building resemble a baroque temple dedicated to the god of suppositories.

looks like an aubergine dressed as a mayan

>they made pottery, see great civilizations!
ill wait until you post a worthwhile civilzation from sub sahara

I dont mean the buildings I mean the artwork my friend.

>this is pottery

What buildings? The post you're replying is a sculpture, i.e. artwork.

Africa has some great medieval art.
why do people find that so hard to believe?

woops, forgot the pic

Can you post some? Legit interested

You're the judge of what civilization is and what is not?

Look at the thread.

A subtle modification the Finns introduced into the African genepool that gradually reduced their intelligence over the millenia as revenge for not decisively siding against the Hwan in the Hyperwar.

>Judging the merit of another civilisation by your own cultural standards
>"lol i'm the best at everything!!1!1!!!"
grow up and read a book, /pol/tard

Where are these from?

The white man stopped natural selection from taking place.

The first is a Tokouba, also known as a Tuareg sword, used by many different groups throughout the Sahel. What's interesting about them is that, despite using them prolifically, the Tuareg were never the craftsmen of their own blades, because their beliefs prevent them from touching iron. Therefore they'd outsource their smithing to other ethnic groups in the region.
This one is an Ada, which was used by the Yoruba who primarily live in Nigeria and Benin.
These are spears made by the Yakoma people who live in the modern day Central African Republic.

It created a quite a few kingdoms in west and east Africa which both had nations that independently developed writing.
The real hurdle blocking their path was and still is disease effecting both the people and their life stock. For example the Tutsi fly which greatly reduced their ability to cultivate the land and left them economies to be dependent on owning slaves to farm land.
They did develop cataract removals, c-sections which allowed the mother to survive and had independently developed iron forging which allowed for the Bantu expansion.

Tsetse fly and accompanying disease made large scale agriculture much more difficult.

Except for the extreme left these all look impractical as fuck.

Most swords with these kinds of designs were ceremonial and thus were not intended for actual combat. For a really good example of this, look up Akrafenas and see how varied the designs can be. Generally speaking, the weirder and more ornate they get, the more likely it was that they weren't used for war.

So a bunch of ugly looking, mostly impractical blades

Europeans had this

>A WEAPON TO SURPASS THE METAL GEAR

No it doesn't, Europeans didn't even have the lost wax technique until 1500-1100 bc and even then they never made sculptures that realistic during that time

Funny

Europeans were claiming west african art was from the lost civilization of Atlantis because they refused to believed Africans possessed such skill and craftsmanship

But keep sucking those sour grapes

why do you have to compare everything to what the europeans had in the 19th century just appreciate the art my guy

He’s a fucking Australian retard with no life

So wait if they could make shit like that how did they become the sub 80 iq retards that bathe in cow piss? Why didn't they have institutions that kept them out of the pit and let them relearn shit like the west did in the enlightenment?

they had institutions foist on them to do the exact opposite

It dont take much smarts to make artwork.

What did they go Khemere Rouge or something?

Their own institutions were effectively ended by colonization. Now most of them live in frankenstein creations masquerading as countries, designed for cheap resource extraction.

So why did the japanese and chinese keep their institutions but the africans decide to drop theirs?

Fuck outta here

Downies are not making fine art anywhere in the world

Depends on where you went

In Ghana traditional kings & chiefs kept their traditional powe structures in limited capacity

In other places everything was dismantled

And China/Japan were never conquered by Europe

They just happened to create the civilization that is currently dominating the world

Japan and China were never completely conquered in the way that Africans were. As well, the Japanese and Chinese have dropped a good amount of their social institutions in the past 150 years. Difference is, is that they themselves had a significant hand in it, and it was done over a much longer period of time. The same cannot be said for most African nations. Also, China and Japan didn't have most of their borders redrawn along culturally and economically irrelevant lines.

So why did they get striped when most of the other cultures kept most of their shit intact?

No need to. They lived in small tribal populations in a land that was a paradise. The explosive population growth brought on by modern aid is what fucked Africa.

Colonies in Asia were intended to be markets and military outposts

African colonies were built to bring resources to Europe as quickly as possible

They didn't get stripped of their cultures, they got stripped of their social institutions. Those two things aren't the same. Their social hierarchies and the ways they went about distribution of labor, goods, and wealth were all shaken up dramatically and over the course of a relatively short time. Their economies and societies were changed to focus purely on labor and resource extraction. Artisans, academics, traders, warriors, and more were largely un-needed in this new set up. By the time that they became sovereign again, they didn't have the proper balance of skilled people to run a functioning society, let alone one built on the principles of modern democracy.

Why were africans 5000 years behind whites in terms of civilization?

Asians in most colonies were used in the government at various levels.

africans had no presence in colonial governance barring some entry tier dead end clerk jobs with little promotion since the euros both despised and feared you.

They weren't. Pic related was made circa 1300. In 3700 BC it would have been the single most sophisticated piece of art on the face of the planet.