Strength does NOT equal size

Strength does NOT equal size.

If this was true, then every single powerlifter would look like a bodybuilder.

Have you seen a powerlifting gym? Sure there's tons of strong guys there, but most just look skinnyfat/fat while being able to pull some insane numbers relative to how muscular they look.

I have a friend that specifically trains/competes in powerlifting, he is far stronger than me, I am talking far stronger, as in his lifts literally dwarf mine and make me look like a girl, and yet he just looks like some average dude off the street, while I actually look like I lift.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g0R68g184ag
strengtheory.com/complete-strength-training-guide/#Why_some_people_lift_more_and_others_lift_less
youtube.com/watch?v=9cz6l_ZPY2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>babby's first intro to fast and slow twitch muscles

no shit man

All about dat power:weight ratio brah

"ok"

Literally any respectable powerlifting program involves plenty of muscle building exercises.

My 1RM squat is like 140kg, my PL friend 1RM squat is like 240kg, we're both 85kg.

He trains mostly sets of 5/4/3/2/1 and does all that block training/peroidisation stuff, focusing on explosive type movements etc.

I train in the 8-10 range and stay there and maybe try a 1RM once every blue moon, no specialized type of training, just focus on pumping out the reps and squeezing the muscle/contracting.

My quads are bigger, more muscular and more developed. Explain this fucking shit to me

>what are insertions

Called CNS brah

Insertions aren't the problem here.

My friend literally just does not look like he lifts, despite being strong as fuck and out-lifting 100% of the people at my gym, the vast majority of which look like they actually lift, despite training like utter retards and being weak as shit in comparison.

Your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean shit.

Pics? And what program/routine do you run?

No, it is his insertions. I have seen no powerlifters with small quads that squat that much.

Maybe if he literally only squats in a super forward low bar fashion, but if he does that at all times and never use any variations in training, his programming is unsophisticated and he will have a hard time ever breaking 240kg.

There's a lot that goes into absolute strength besides the size of the muscle, just read any exercise physiology textbook

your friend can weight like 100kg at low bf and you wold be a fat fag

he dosent want to gain weight if hes getting stronger at 85kg

>deadlifts around the 600lbs mark
>looks like a marathon runner

By Veeky Forums logic max chewing should be insanely muscular and shredded based on his compound lift stats.

Unfortunately in reality, gains aren't black and white. You can look like you lift without lifting huge amounts of weight, and you can lift huge amount of weights without looking like you lift. It goes both ways.

Just be honest with yourselves, if you saw a guy like this walk into the gym with legs like that, would you honestly expect him to be a guy that can pull 600?

You're fucking lying if you say yes. 100% you would all be surprised if he could deadlift more than 1 plate with legs like this.

Guys like that are an outlier though.

If you actually go look at footage of IPF World's every single one of them are extremely muscular.

>single powerlifter would look like a bodybuilder.
shut up faggot. Bodybuilders also emphasize definition. And can output far more volume than your autistic powerlifter.

>And can output far more volume than your autistic powerlifter.
I doubt it.

>By Veeky Forums logic max chewing should be insanely muscular and shredded based on his compound lift stats.

qhwn has this ever been fit logic? I thought this concept was well understood

"No"

youtu.be/g0R68g184ag

has nothing to do with that
this is true, Texas Method or whatever garbage rippetoe meme program you run is not a PL program

read through this
strengtheory.com/complete-strength-training-guide/#Why_some_people_lift_more_and_others_lift_less

a bigger person will not necessarily be stronger, but a bigger version of YOU will be stronger than a smaller version of you

attachment points, leverages, neurological adaptations, technical efficiency, all factor into the ability to lift weights

when you see some skeleton pulling 600lbs, that is someone who has all those other factors fall into place so that they need little muscle mass to move massive weights compared to someone less genetically gifted

doubting the truth isn't going to make it less true.
Trash. Your shitty anecdotal evidence isn't data.

Good powerlifting programming involves extremely high volume, remember that's it's a cubic measure, not a square.

Bodybuilders are optimized to do volume at lower percentages 1rm, powerlifters are optimized to do volume at higher percentages.

PLers can't hang with BBers around 65-75%, but PLers would smoke BBers at 80-90%.

Your claim backed by zero evidence doesn't make what you say any more true.

are you comparing training volume to muscle volume

are you retarded or something

t. DYEL that has never actually ran a powerlifting program

Isn't that what he was talking about? Outputting volume?

training volume, not muscle volume

those are not the same things
i've been running Sheiko for over a year, have some experience with GZCL and TSA programs as well

if you think powerlifters can match bodybuilders at lower percentages of 1rm, you are a complete and total idiot and should never give advice to anyone on here

If you don't think a power lifter can then your work capacity is dogshit and you should go back to SS.

I never said anything of the sort

I said that if a powerlifter and bodybuilder both took a low percentage of their 1rm, the bodybuilder would be better at doing volume with that percentage

because that's where bodybuilders train, you fucking retarded faggot

Yes, but it wasn't clear that he was talking about the volume of the muscle as opposed to output volume.

"outputting" didn't really make sense to me in the context of muscle size desu

post body idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=9cz6l_ZPY2U

Powerlifter vs. Bodybuilder in terms of strength and volume, see for yourselves

I was thinking in terms of ability to output strength, like lifting the most weight in a session by volume.

Sorry if my english is too shit to convey this properly

That's literally where powelifters train as well. Or did you not realize that when you "trained powerlifting" for so long?

The cry of the BTFO DYEL.

doing a few sets at 60-70% is not the same as training there exclusively

you sound a little butthurt and delusional that a bodybuilder could outlift a powerlifter in a certain intensity range

it's ok little guy, you will learn

until then stop giving advice

Maybe "workload" or "work" is a better word to describe what I meant.

ITT: idiots arguing over dumb things

>Lift heavy on your main compound lifts
>Higher reps/form-focused on assistance lifts
>also do your accessories
>become strong AND aesthetic

fuck off with this shit

But average intensity of Sheiko is literally ~70%

But people on here actually recommend over and over that you shouldn't ever bother doing anything bodybuilding related (especially as a natty) if you want to be muscular. That you should ONLY Focus all your effort into squats/deads/bench, just train like a powerlifter and the gains will magically come to you in time.

It's the biggest myth spread on this place, and it hasn't gone away.

yeah what you said made sense in that context

expect PLer to dominate at higher percentages and BBer to dominate at lower percentages

unless you're this delusional DYEL and think doubles and triples at 80-85% on sheiko will confer the same ability to do many sets of 10-12 on squat like a bbing routine would

What? My workout intensities are more frequently at 70-80% and rarely go above 80%.

You've obviously never actually ran Sheiko, TSA, or any other programs you claim to have done. It's okay little guy, you'll definitely get big benching 1pl8 for 12 reps.

I literally only use Sheiko for meet prep. Outside of that I do other programs that have lower percentages and more reps, like any intelligent powerlifter does.

it's a meme and a retarded one at that

You obviously don't understand how a powerlifter actually trains.

>If this was true, then every single powerlifter would look like a bodybuilder.
the biggest powerlifters are as big as the bodybuilders, they're just not lean. for example, ronnie coleman and benedikt magnusson are the same height, but coleman was 140kg while magnusson was 180kg.

Nor are they mutually exclusive. You can train both. Furthermore, no style of lifting will make you fat, despite what you're trying to imply with your pic. If you don't eat like shit, you won't look like shit.