Uni gym thread

ucsc

the gym's fullness comes in cycles

when classes end it is full for 45 minutes and then it is normal again

how is your uni gym

Gym here is pretty good, although the weight room is kinda small and crowded. Better than any public gym I've been to though.

Gym just got all new power racks (now at 12) and all new machines over winter break.

We have 2. Newer one's full of freshman.

Gets pretty crowded after normal class hours and around 8 pm but are overall they're both really nice.

DAERTR?

Eppely is alright sometimes, lots of racks tho

Planning to transfer there in the fall. Already sent in the transfer papers early.

CURRENTLY BEING RENOVATED MOTHER FUCKERS!

applying for grad school there desu. do they actually give a fuck about the personal history statement? I can't stretch "I'm white and middle-class" out into a two pages

Good decision. I'm only a freshman but so far it's been great. The social life is really fun, lots of shit to do. Also academics are great, and the gyms aren't too bad

wut up gio

Eh, it's small. All the weight benches are taken. Rock wall is fun.

yeah its just the area is pretty shitty imo but it better than UMBC and Towson. Hope I still have enough tie for the college lifestyle.

I used to shower in the field house when I first got to Santa Cruz without any place to live

one day I was hitching with an acquaintance up to campus to shower.

We were picked up by two hotties in a small pick up truck who brought us to a dorm and told us we could shower there

I knew some or at least one dorm was co-ed (Kresge?)

and so we went in and found the bathroom on the top floor.

As I was drying off in front of a mirror and girl walked in , freaked and ran out.

I found that odd ..I was not unpleasant looking at that time.

A minute later a short far older guy in a green uniform comes in and says we're trespassing and we will need to come with him while he calls the SCPD to arrest us.

This bathroom had two entries on opposite ends of the room on adjacent walls. I don't know where the idea came from but I extended my hand toward the door through which the security guard had entered and said;"after you, sir"

When he began to waddle toward that door I bolted out the other door, leapt down the stairs and ran out of the building

As I ran past some students I said;"tell him I went that-a-way" pointing in the opposite direction from where I ran.

and I ran I ran so far away.. I just ran i ran well i ran off campus and got on a bus

the other dude went to jail,lol

What year are you going to be?

Fuck if I know, I'm a freshman kek

incorrect

nice

Planning to transfer in as a junior after getting my associates this coming semester.

i know some of you are lurking

Carnegie Mellon University CMU
New gym is sick, but it's still full of asians doing quarter squats. I wish I had a gym bro, but I'm rushing a frat next semester so I'll find one there probably.

Anyone else go here?

>all these shit colleges
Wow it must suck to be dumb

Must also suck to pay through the nose somewhere else only to get to the same place

Oh shit thats late. Seems like campus is very welcoming. Do you play any sports? I'm on club frisbee

Better than all of you

nah, used to play lacrosse in highschool. but now just lift for self enjoyment. I wanna join the lacrosse practice team or coed flag football.

Roll tide

>rogue plates

AUSPA GTFO

If they don't finish this goddamn rec
>inb4 feelin fit buddy

Yeah my friend is actually on club lax he likes it a lot. I played flag football 1st semester with guys only also really fun

>tfw went to the cottages to work out instead

Shit ain't the same without a barbell

By the way, feeling fit buddy?

>lucky guy
if any more cadets take the rack to do curls and skullcrushers I will jump off rudder tower

I agree, those faggots are so fucking annoying

take up all the free weight area like they're the shit, all standing there like some clique when regular people just want to fucking deadlift without your autism

and the girls with the max grip bench only hitting 50kg, lmao

Do the rival teams bring big cans of salt?

They just updated it