Bronan the Barbellian

Between the time the dyels drank wheylantis, and the rise of the sons of Scoobius, there was a gym undreamed of. And unto this, Bronan destined to wear the crown of Barbellonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, alone, his gymbro who can tell you of his saga.
Let me tell you of the days of high gainsventure!
*queue thread music* youtube.com/watch?v=K-3fEdzjYC8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAFtiUoq6TE
youtube.com/watch?v=znWCBpWFYPU
bookofbrodin.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Brodin_Wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=C-NQQNjptbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bronan's Father: "Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Gains is your god, Gains and he lives in the earth. Once, skellys lived in the Earth, Bronan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Gains, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Gains was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these skellys, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just gymbros. Not gods. Not skellys. Just gymbros. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Bronan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not gynbros, not QTs, not PTs..." [Points to barbell] "This you can trust."

>gymbro1: What is best in life?
>gynbro2: The open gym, the chalk on your hands, and the sweat in your hair.
>gymbro1: Wrong! Bronan, what is best in life?
>Bronan: To crush your PRs, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the PTs.
>gymbro1: That is good! That is good...

Fun fact; Arnold had to stop working out in order to wield the sword properly for filming.

What films motivate you Veeky Forums?

That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?

>Fun fact; Arnold had to stop working out in order to wield the sword properly for filming.
False: he neither stopped working out nor did he have problems wielding the sword. This is a common myth.

He stopped being super lean for the role, as he thought that a barbarian would have a smoother, heftier look rather than a super vascular bodybuilder.

that line is delivered so fucking well i repeat in my head when i break big PRs

ok good to know.
DIdn't the one actress lose a finger or something because of swordplay?

youtube.com/watch?v=EAFtiUoq6TE

conan the barbarian
braveheart

Love conan. This is my favourite film.

Absolutely timeless.
Wasn't expecting the choir.
What was that insturment early on? Im guessing its an oboe but im not sure.

it's an oboe

the soundtrack to conan is so fucking good. i like watching this scene and then this scene back to back on youtube

Rocky movies
Sly got so Veeky Forums between the second and third rocky movies

I especially like this part of the score, also the part where he's running along the country with that Mongol nigga.

This is the manliest movie ever made. I didn't expect it to be so Nietzschian when I re-watched it.

Thots btfo

>"He is Bronan, the Barbellian, he won't cardio, so I cardio for him"

-Why do you curl?

-He's Bronan... Barbellian. He won't curl... So I curl for him!

youtube.com/watch?v=znWCBpWFYPU

Damn you beat me to it mate

He probably lowered his juice dosage though.

>bookofbrodin.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Brodin_Wiki

youtube.com/watch?v=C-NQQNjptbI

I remember seeing this movie for the first time with my dad when I was 4 years old. I guess he was trying to inspire me to lift.

To this day I can't even see a still from the movie without getting motivated.

>Dat prime Arnold
>Dat James Earl Jones
>Dem Iron Maiden looking henchmen
>Dat soundtrack
>Dat qt Sandahl Bergman

"Do you wanna lift forever?"

And don't forget the demon-witch-thot that tries to rob him of his gains!