Im talkin to my grandpa about life when he was my age and hes saying a brand new car cost about 3k...

Im talkin to my grandpa about life when he was my age and hes saying a brand new car cost about 3k. In 1955 the average price of a new car was 2k.. when you account for inflation this doesnt even come close to being related. Hes also saying gas was 17 cents a gallon, cigarettes were 5 cents a pack. The one thing he noticed hasnt gone up in price too much are televisions, is this to make sure every home has one to advertise? Also what is the reason that all this stuff has gone up in price so significantly? Are corporations just trying to make some more sheks? This is so blatant hyperinflation, i just want to know the explanation. He also just said a full meal was less than a dollar, including a burger, fries, a shake and a drink. This was the same time he was making $5 an hour. Today if you want something like that from even mcdonalds youre gonna be looking at 12 dollarsish. Please someone that knows more than mr explain this phenomenon. Makes me think the commies are right in that capitalism only breeds greed. But everyone in America is too fat and stupid to see for themselves. Whats the problems goys? (Tried posting this on pol and adv bit it kept saying i didn't solve the captcha so here i am)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/10/11/china-will-compel-saudi-arabia-to-trade-oil-in-yuan--and-thats-going-to-affect-the-us-dollar.html
in2013dollars.com/1955-dollars-in-2017?amount=3000
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>capitalism only breeds greed
yeah pretty much. our politicians have forsaken us for those sweet backdoor deals

Cars are more expensive because requirements are much, much higher. than in the 50s. They have to have back up cameras, front and side airbags, electronic stability controls, seatbelts, crumple zones, pass about a dozen crash tests and meet fuel standards. They'll also last 200k+ miles when a car in the 50s would die at 50k. Also way more horsepower.

TVs are less expensive because automation and competition have driven the parts down. Importantly, the switch to LCDs/LEDs instead of CRTs means you need a hell of a lot less materials to make a TV. They're a lot lighter too. It's cheaper to send a 50lb TV someplace than a 300lb one.

Minimum wage costs have pushed up meal prices.

Otherwise you're looking at inflation generally, and not really hyper inflation. Single digit percentage inflation, compounded will add up over decades to be really significant.

Read "modern money mechanics"
Written by the federal reserve to explain how they print money based on debt and even more afterwards

Also notice how the gross debt is over 100% of the gdp
Last time that happened the US got into WWII, just sayin'

im not sure i believe that, some simple shit like cameras and airbags and tests cause the price to go up 10x in some cases? that cant be the case. the Tv makes sense. could you also talk some more about the inflation and how it compounds?

When a bank gives you a loan you have to pay them back the full amount and then some with the money you earn from your job. Except the maximum amount of money the bank is allowed to give out as loans is 9 times the amount of of money they actually have. So if the bank has 1 billion dollars it can lend a total of 9 billion dollars in loans, 8 billion of which don't actually exist. Over time they get paid back and the imaginary 8 billion turns into real money.
The federal reserve is also constantly printing money and giving it to the government and banks.
So basically
>the jews keep printing money for themselves
>dollars are created out of thin air
>your money loses its value
Fiat money is one of the worst things to store your wealth in. Literally anything that doesn't go bad or otherwise deprecate is better. If you buy any book (and it can be any shitty book) it's going to hold its value better than money over the course of 50 years. If you buy a chair it will hold its value better. The trick is to never hoard money, and instead immediately spend it on something that will retain its value.

You wrote the retarded and bigot version of what I told OP

>blaming capitalism

It's got nothing to do with capitalism, it's got everything to do with inflation, regulation and migration. Do you seriously think shit will cost the same when states are running up billion dollar debts and companies have regulations up the ass?

The actual price increase is the figure after you account for compounded USD inflation over the time period.

Also keep in mind they didn't have 9 dollar minimum wages back then. Don't blame capitalism, blame crony capitalism. Modern american economics are very left wing and not at all based on a free market. When the government decides that someone scanning barcodes and putting items in bags should get 9 dollars an hour someone has to pay for that. You can't just decide the value of things on a whim, someone somewhere has to pay for them. So the average Joe pays by paying a shitton of money for groceries, because the wage of everyone is included in the price. And yes this includes the manager and the CEO both of which are overinflated as well, but most of the time these people work 80 hours a week and do jobs that only a few percentage of people are willing/able to do so they have little competition and pretty much have the freedom to demand unreasonable salaries.

Blame the economy based on eternal gains in production and benefits when we have limited resources

Its so fucking stupid, all important authors contradict eachother
Adam Smith "wealth of nations" is so filled with fallacies
And when you try to talk about rhis to a boomer they will say "you dont know enough"
Fuck you I know more than you you fucking boomer, easy to like economy when you grew up on the single largest economic expansion in history
Goddamn... Im getting cranky again

The US spends HALF the income they get from taxes (and can choose how to spend) on their fucking military because
1) we so strong use our dollars
2) we buy 1billlion in guns, our gdp is now 1billion bigger!

The real jewish thing in all this is how certain products have gotten smaller over time as well

Take an Econ course, looks up Econ topic related videos, read a little Jesus Christ, most of it is rooted in regulation and monetary/banking policy, don't just blame capitalism and corporations cause that's trendy

>retarded
How exactly?
>bigot
Do you know which website you're on? Also the majority of people behind the fed and most banks are either jews themselves or have very close relations with jewish families and israel. If you think calling jewish people jews is bigoted, or "bigot" as you say, you really have to check your sjw paranoia.
>US doesn't spend half its taxes on the military
>countries around the world stop using the US dollar for petroleum deals since the US isn't holding a literal gun to their heads anymore to do do
>US dollar loses 80% of its value
Damn user, people like you and bernie should be president. Everything in modern economics and politics is so simple. Just stop spending on the military and start giving more money to people! Problem solved.

LEARN TO FORMAT YOUR PARAGRAPHS HOW IS THIS SO DIFFICULT DID YOU NOT TAKE 2ND GRADE WRITING

The takeaway from this is that, being a wagecuck wont get you anywhere.
Why does it take like 10 fking something years to save up enough money to buy a house?
It doesnt make any sense
There are obviously faster ways of making money. Just gotta get the balls to accept the risk and lack of security of not having a job, worry less about the day to day and more about the bigger picture.

Gl pointing a gun at china's head now that they're trading oil with yuans backed by gold

Im not saying banking isnt full of jews, I just think insulting jews is srupod and bigoted since not all jews are bankers (even though loads of bankers are jews but that has a really simple reason ans that is their religion allowed interest on debt while christianism didnt allow it)

>to do do
Meant to say to do so, stupid fucking phone posting.
The US also doesn't really "buy 1billion in guns" as much as they sell guns they manufacture to the countries that need to defend themselves from the US military. And since the US is the largest supplier they have to buy at their inflated prices. It's actually really lucrative and profitable for the (((select few)))
>I posted an image so no one is allowed to talk about the same thing in their own world, please don't forget about me I brought this up first
Pathetic

You don't have many friends, do you?

I linked those posts because he was saying he should read and I was telling hik what to read to answer these questions

The rest is all in your head, faggot

I didn't insult them in that post, I just pointed out that they're jews which is true. The reason I pointed it out is that it seems to make jews and jews very uncomfortable, almost as if they didn't want to be found out.
>china and "yuans backed by gold"
China's economy is trash, they fake most of their reports and spend their money on the most retarded things, like entire cities and metro lines in unpopulated areas.
And calling the yuan a gold backed currency is just dumb.

We sound like autists, thanks faggot

>buying a car

Unless you live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere Nebraska you don't really need a car, just take the subway.

If you really insist on buying a car, buy a second hand one, less taxes to pay and the rate of depreciation for new cars are so much that your equity margins are slashes almost in half when you buy a new one.

If you think cars are too expensice nothing stops you from founding a car factory wirh lower prices

Yeah whatever user. That's also why the first thing you replied to me was that my post was a "retarded version of your post", which was really just one sentence with an image.
>You don't have many friends, do you?
I'm going to close this thread now, since you have obviously ran out of meaningful things to say.

give me more details on this. what are these high risk low security high rewards jobs you speak of.

cnbc.com/2017/10/11/china-will-compel-saudi-arabia-to-trade-oil-in-yuan--and-thats-going-to-affect-the-us-dollar.html
I really dont want to continue the autistic screeching

Also read Manifesto for the Abolition of Enslavement to Interest on Money by Gottfried Feder
I bet you'll like that one more, by dear bigoted friend

>thinks you only need a car in the midwest
>forgets about california

Your post was a really vague explanation of that book
I do consider that a retarded version

in2013dollars.com/1955-dollars-in-2017?amount=3000

27000$ seems pretty close to inflation to me.

Most of this is inflation. Of course there's other factors like increasing demand. Families want more than one car and are willing to pay to have a better car than the neighbour.

With food there's much more factors. Employees are more expensive. People will always be hungry so it's easier to up the price.

Gas and Cigs rightfully have extra tax and extra regulation.

So often it's inflation+some other factors. Don't forget that because women started working family now have like 1.5-2 times the purchasing power and so are willing to simply pay more for shit that they want because they have more money.

But still, it's mostly inflation.

Faggot comes on here to call this guy a biggot. Rich, does he know where he is?

>a Veeky Forums post by some Veeky Forumstard is less detailed than a book written by an economist
really made me think