Let's have a strategy discussion for the the Bitcoin Segwit2x fork coming up in November

Let's have a strategy discussion for the the Bitcoin Segwit2x fork coming up in November.

It seems like Bitcoin Gold is pretty much universally viewed as a scam by most major organizations and forums. Segwit2x however, appears to be very legitimate.

1) Do you think the November fork will take Bitcoin to 7k and beyond?

2) If not, is it still a good strategy to dump alts for Bitcoin this time around?

With the gold fork, I didn't even bother. I own zero BTC right now with my 450k valued portfolio completely in alts right now.

I'm thinking of dumping half my alts now, while they are high compared to BTC, and getting 40-45 BTC worth of Segwit2x coins.

I would dump all, but that seems like too risky a move.

If we wait until closer till November we will be forced to (most likely) sell our alts and a very low price as people have already moved into BTC for the fork.

What do you think Biz? Let's put aside the mindless shilling and pink wojacks for a moment and discuss the next few weeks, which could make us all a good amount of money.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bitmex.com/segwit2x-b2x-hardfork-protect-potentially-profit-part-1-split-coins/
github.com/segwit2x/segwit2x.github.io,
99bitcoins.com/segwit2x-uasf-and-the-upcoming-fork-guidelines-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a new coin being issued for segwit x2?

no

yes

which one is it?

and if there's no coin being issued why would BTC rally?

No. the Segwit2x coin will be the actual bitcoin. The legacy blockchain will be deprecated and no longer legitimate. Therefore no new coin will be created.

One fork dies, one lives on.
Forget about your shitcoins.

Yes it is called Bitcoin2x

Not really, both bitcoin and bitcoin2x will co-exist

People are already on BTC for the fork and the free Bitcoin2x that comes with it. That's why BTC is still way above $5k even after the dump from the Bitcoin Gold fork. The alts will keep bleeding all the way until November 16th and the they will pump again and BTC will get dumped en masse and probably go below $5k. I don't see it going above 6,5k before the fork either.

If alts stall this week, it means it's time to leave. Get out while you can and buy it 2 or 3 days before the fork when they're super low and BTC is high.

i don't really dunno
you're talking about short term profits and I only enjoy thinking about long term systems

but won't I miss the fork? I guess we have to measure the difference between alts being low due to fork recovering after to the money to be made from an actual legitimate bitcoin fork.

there is no money to be made
one chain is going to die guaranteed, and if people stage replay attacks after dumbasses dump their coins you'll end up losing all of your bitcoin on both chains

You will. Yes, that's something that has to be measured. How much low your alt dropped and how high you think it can go after.

Can you please elaborate? People who dump their alts for bitcoin to get bitcoin2x could risk losing both bitcoins?

Read this:
blog.bitmex.com/segwit2x-b2x-hardfork-protect-potentially-profit-part-1-split-coins/

There is no "bitcoin2x", thats just coinbase, coinbasing basically. Your coins will coexist on two chains. One will die guaranteed. One doesn't have replay protection. Make sure you dont do something stupid and gamble at the wrong time.

Bitcoin is spawning its own shitcoin branches. Alts are doomed.

the article doesn't mention anything about one of the block chains dying. It also says a method to protect yourself during the split is to allow an exchange to handle it. I know coinbase isn't an exchange, but they promise to credit BTC holders with B2x, and as they are a enormous company already wouldn't it be better to trust them than risk messing it up myself?

Again, you are not getting B2x. What coinbase calls it is irrelevant. What you need to understand is that this is not about a separate coin. This is about core vs. segwit and trying to wrestle control from core. Whatever lives on and gets accepted will become the true chain. And thats the distinction from gold and cash. Segwit has wide institutional support. Also, read about what replay protection means. If you think you can outcompete bots, then yeah take a punt.

Then what does coinbase mean by this-

Any customer with a Bitcoin balance on Coinbase at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of the Bitcoin2x asset on the Bitcoin2x blockchain. No action is required—we will automatically credit your account. So, if you have 5 Bitcoin stored on Coinbase before the fork; you will have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x following the event.

? I'm not doubting you, I'm just still unclear as why they would send that email then.

>the true chain

unless this fork destroys both chains leading to a four year loss of value until bitcoiners get their shit together.

either that or some alt will end up being the new king of crypto

Yes and thats fine, you will obviously have the same amount of coins on both chains. Coinbase calls them B2x for convenience purposes and not to confuse normies even further.
What matters is the motivation. Notice how segwit team refers to their fork as Bitcoin. Nothing else. Read about the support (especially from miners and business) behind segwit.
Lets suppose chain A gets adopted over chain B, but you dumped all your chain A coins for 1/8 the price while your chain B coins are essentially worthless now.

Lets suppose you send bitcoins from chain A (segwit, wtihout replay protection), mass reply attacks are staged and you lose chain B coins as well.

Honestly, its worth a punt, but make sure you know what you are doing. This is absolutely not a given like cash or gold was.

What do you suggest then? Converting all to bitcoin before the fork, and waiting until things settle before making any trades? Also based on your previous post are you suggesting that all alts are irrelevant after the segwit fork?

Also again, one of them will absolutely die, because this is about a fundamental disagreement here. Not some trivial scam shit like gold or cash. I'm pretty sure core will prevail (somehow), but nothing is every guaranteed.

Why would alts be irrelevant? I would actually argue alts will be boosted by all the post-segwit bitcoin fuckery but who knows. Its a separate issue really. I would suggest converting to bitcoin yeah because people expect this to be another gold/cash so alts will take a eating I'm sure. Just dont dump on the new chain right away and watch the markets for a while.

why will one absolutely die?

Learn to read faggot fear mongerer.

Any customer with a Bitcoin balance on Coinbase at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of the Bitcoin2x asset on the Bitcoin2x blockchain. No action is required—we will automatically credit your account. So, if you have 5 Bitcoin stored on Coinbase before the fork; you will have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x following the event.
>you will have 5 Bitcoin and 5 Bitcoin2x following the event.
>5 btc AND 5 btc2x

Why is anyone even taking your shittalk serious

Both claim their chain is bitcoin. Core wants nothing to do with segwit. One will remain (become) bitcoin and the other will fade into obscurity. Even coinbase has something on this:
> if the Segwit2x change is accepted by most users, we may choose to rename these blockchains at a later date.

Again, understand that the motivation is not a new coin, its bitcoin under control of core or bitcoin under control of segwit.

How soon are you expecting alts to dump? I was hoping we might have a week of green for most alts but I'm not so sure

Yeah, you will have 2 different coins until one chain destroys the other.
How can you be sure which one will die this time?

What is the difference between core and segwit?

> learn to read
> hasn't read what I wrote
dumbfuck read this at least github.com/segwit2x/segwit2x.github.io, read through the issues, let me know when you find mention of b2x

This OP is completely full of shit

>thinking of dumping alts while they're high compared to BTC

? There isn't 1 single alt that is up right now the past 30 days.

my portfolio is at an ATH because I bought metaverse. Sorry about your DGB.

Politics

If you are talking about teams (core vs segwit2x) there are too many to list... Basically hardcore autists with wide community support vs. other autists with institutional support
See this 99bitcoins.com/segwit2x-uasf-and-the-upcoming-fork-guidelines-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
I really don't want to make any wide predictions here. For now, I'm waiting it out for a week and then I'll decide what to do next.

As a sidenote, when I say "segwit" I mean "segwt2x" of course. Core actually supports segwit (the upgrade) hence bitcoin cash.

>20 posts about Segwit2x from noon user's
>0 posts about actual topic / trading strategy

Y do I come here

HA, 2 shitcoins. How many ETP and NEOs do we need until the market realizes their adoption is zero compared to ETH

ETH has many problems.

Those so called bitcoins are deprecated. After the fork you can go ahead and burn them and switch to your new Bitcoin.

Been trying to follow the logic of this thread but just can’t. Specific bits I have issues with:

> B2X team is calling it bitcoin so both chains can’t co-exist

What any given fork chooses to call themselves shouldn’t matter, no? If bitcoin gold chose to call themselves just bitcoin you would still have double your assets.

> This is only temporary, one chain will die.

Yes, eventually. But in the same way Bitcoin Cash will die. It’ll take a fucking long time for all companies to fully agree. Coinbase saying they may eventually switch to the 2x chain confirms this.

So to me it sounds like we will have 2 chains, with 2 separate assets for a non-zero amount of time. This seems like it’s the minimum amount of criteria needed to trigger another rush into BTC from everyone who wants to double their assets.

So to get the thread back to its purpose of trading strategy, I’m getting out of alts, except for one specific gamble I’m getting on and I’m considering the following split for the rest of the week:

50% BTC
50% ETC

Sell ETC around 30th since this is approximately the same time that the last bull run on BTC happened. If I get my bot running then I’ll sell immediately after the fork into BAT or OMG, whichever has dropped the furthest.

Firmly believe that both chains will hold some value for a given amount of time regardless of what anyone says here.

>Implying that destroying Bitcoin isn't the one and only purpose of the S2X contentious hard fork

>
>Basically hardcore autists with wide community support vs. other autists with institutional support
For S2X, more like "literally one guy who can barely code" (Jeff Garzik) backed by shadowy banking interests