Is preacher curl, and lots of chinups enough for a good biceps?

Is preacher curl, and lots of chinups enough for a good biceps?

I really hate doing biceps isolations.

>"I hate doing bicep isolations"
>asks if preacher curls are good enough

boi

>hates doing bicep isolations
>literally the goat and most fun isolation to do

Not gonna make it friendo

What the fuck is wrong with you? I have to stop myself from doing too many bicep isolations, it's the most satisfying exercise you nigger.

I'm asking because I may have to start doing them now. My biceps are lagging.

Really? My wrist hurts when I used to do barbell curls so I stopped doing them.

I have always had shitty biceps and no idea what kind of workouts to do to hit them. Like sets and reps kinda shit. I always feel like I'm just winging it and get frustrated.

My wrist hurts when I do triceps, but not when I do biceps.

What's wrong?

I'm only 3 months in and on a cut. Did preacher curls for the first time ever the other day and no exercise has ever made me feel so weak. Only more fuel to go harder.

To get big biceps you need to isolate, at high volume, utilizing different rep ranges, grips, and exercises.

Pic related, me.

Samefag here, and for the record, preacher curls are a great biceps isolation exercise and if you do a good amount of them you will see decent progress.

post biceps routine brah

poke butt with needle x infinity

No specific routine to speak of, literally watch every dude with huge arms and make note of every ridiculous isolation exercise you see them do (even the reaaaaally stupid ones) for a few months. Figure out which ones you like and work 30-40 working sets of different exercises into your normal routine twice a week. Basically become a curlbro and make sure you eat enough to grow lol

>high volume

How can I tell if I'm overtraining? Right now I just do 5x5 barbell curls with 90-180 seconds of rest between sets. I'm thinking of doing more sets of 5 reps with lower weight but I don't want to wear out my joints. Sorry if I sound stupid.

Lmao roiding for that

Try doing more than just barbell curls, definitely lower the weight, but instead of more sets of five do 5 sets of 12.

As far as overtraining, if you're eating properly and taking basic supplements like creatine monohydrate and whey protein, you can easily work them twice weekly spaced as evenly as possible without any worries, but if you notice your working weight on barbell curls is going down or lags at the same weight for several months, give yourself more rest in between.

Again don't forget to eat.

Why do my 'ceps get exhausted so fast?
Like for example if i were to do 3 sets of 10 I pump out the first 2 sets like nothing but at the 8th rep of the 3rd set i just can't get any more reps. They just completely give up and I can't do any more biceps exercises after that

this is the one routine where i automatically know people are absolutely fucking casuals.

please don't do it. chinups and weighted dips are bretty good though.

Checked

Do less weight. Even if you're already lifting babbyweight you shouldn't be failing any reps 3 sets deep into working a muscle group. If you start to fail after 15-20 sets you're likely using the correct weight, but don't stop, just increase rest periods, stretch during your rest periods and make sure you're staying hydrated the entire time. Push out 30 working sets of different biceps exercises and groooooow.

>literally anything bicep
>fun

>tfw only curl 8kg dumbbells

should I just do biceps at home?

Do girls biceps grow slower than guys or at the same rate?

Should i train biceps twice a week if Im a girl
And is 3 sets of 12 enough for each exercise?

Thanks sorry im a noob

No, be dedicated and do them next to the biggest dude you can for motivation. Come stand next to me while you curl and I guarantee you will be doing everything in your power to push out extra reps/sets.

Your biceps will grow slower because of your female hormones, and for an untrained female, yes 3x12 of a few different exercises should be enough to see a noticeable difference within a couple of months. Start at once weekly and work your way up to twice weekly. Lower natural testosterone levels translates to decreased recovery time, twice weekly biceps isolations may be a little too ambitious right out of the gate.

They used to hurt mine too so I took some advice from Athlean X, that dude is great:
let your wrists bend with the weight, so the bar kind of hangs from your fingers. Also lower the weight and do it more slowly.

thank you
i've been training for around 3 months now and i'm noticing a bit of a difference

I just do dumbell curls and hammer curls, is that enough exercises?

Bro your arms are fucking huge but 60 sets of biceps per week?!?! god damn

It's not a bad start, try adding some barbell or ez bar curls and reverse grip curls as well. Barbell is best because of full and constant supination.

Whatever it takes, man. 50-60 sets of delts a week too. For me personally, volume is what makes those smaller muscle groups really grow. 10x10 or 5x25 calf raises twice weekly too. It may sound extreme but it works. Just for the record, I do these high volume workouts at ~50% of 1rm

Gotta confuse the pump, right babe?

Lmao no but you do need to actually get a pump, which you're barely doing with your SS GOMAD meme lifting that this board so faithfully follows. You people seem retarded when you try to ridicule an actual big, muscular dude for giving real advice on how to get big and muscular.

I've never in my life actually followed a strength training routine, and my 1RMs are 100% guaranteed higher than yours will ever be.

post cycle and/or fuck off.

>implying anyone with decently big muscles is on roids because you're dyel
You fuck off. I have a friend that has similar sized or larger muscles on a significantly smaller frame that's 100% natty. If you lift hard, eat a shit ton of good carbs and 1.5-2g/lb of protein plus a healthy cholesterol, saturated, and unsaturated fat intake (all vital for hormone production, especially cholesterol as it is the primary ingredient for your body to produce testosterone; society has been trying to cuck men by dropping their T levels through demonizing cholesterol), combined with a good supplement regime with good creatine, you will get huge.

>high volume for smaller muscle groups
This guys knows it.
Based curlbro.

that's because you're a curlbro
when you want to see development in bigger lifts it's hard to squeeze bunch of isolations in your routine

Post 1rms

Either your using this guys pics or lying, you posted on another thread admitting to being /fraud/

My arms get complimented often and the only biceps exercise I do is preacher curls once a week 2x amrap

>random guy on Veeky Forums is bigger than olympic gold medal weightlifters
>natty
fuck off and stop memeing the dyels. if you roid at least fucking admit it when you post roid pics because its stupid easy to tell

try an ez bar, or just use dbs